• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

(Pre-Proposal) Dash Masternode Internship Program

unchained

Masternode Owner/Operator
Hi Guys,

I'm ex-Intel, former sw guy, went into business dev/marketing and advertising and now im here with Dash.

I've been out of the programming scene for several years, but ive been in the business world for the last 10 years.... I can program if i want to, but im better at business...

Im proposing that dash setup and fund an internship pipeline through the best universities for SW, HW, graphics design, Biz, Marketing and have that as a pool of people available to masternodes to tap for implementing business ideas or creating startups....

Last edited:
Here is how i see it.... some masternode owners will use their rewards to start businesses or expand the masternode as a business...

right now we are waiting for people to submit proposals and to either deny or approve an entire project and are left at the mercy of the team to deliver.....

But masternode owners can start on their own with their own funding, just might need HR support to find qualified people and are vetted....

ongoing HR services or built in house with university recruitment programs that can pipeline top notch computer science students, graphics design students, marketing students, etc to do things or be available to interview with one of us in any opp a masternode might be interested in funding...

A masternode will be able to fund its own project, finding qualified people takes time and a ton of effort... college students are a great group to work with, finding the best developers, best masters students, etc...

this wouldnt be a very expensive proposal, but the ROI of the results that can come from incubating a project is profound....

its essentially HR services and letting the people that have the funding in their hands actually spend the money to grow their business.....

i dont mind spending my own money to hire someone for something that i can see expanding dash and makes me money....

I would think of it as letting the masternodes spend a little of their own money on startup or building something if they like and with their own funds, once there is a protoype and/or a growth opportunity we can have them/team pitch for more treasury funds to grow the ecosystem...

Last edited:
I think you are on to something. I would be willing to sell you equity in my mobile wallet. Or you could incubate it yourself and ROI as is grows. LIke you say this would be your own project you are funding. let me know

Actually I was going to propose this at the next Dash dev summit. I live in Thailand (though I'm not thai) where business and living costs are pretty cheap, and it's also a fun place for interns to have a summer internship. I have about 10 or so projects for them to work on, between testnet tools and visualization helpers, stability testers, network attack tools (to help mitigate threats), code documentation, etc etc etc.

Right now I'm personally working 8 to 12 hours a day, and I bet as evolution comes closer, I will have absolutely 0 time to manage interns. I have 3 releases coming up (new iOS version this week, full dev docs within a month, and something else around beg dec :) ), so I was going to propose all this once I was done with the previous tasks.

However it's a smart idea to get this started early as I was hoping for the program to start around January/February and last for 6 months.

This is my idea: 4-6 interns selected from around the world based on qualifications. Competitive intern package including work visa/flexible schedule and compensation based on origin country/level of education. Two working locations in Bangkok and also in the thai countryside/beach.

Projects will be directly benefiting Dash eco-system and roadmap and will focus on easier tasks that core just doesn't have time for but would greatly enjoy and make our lives easier. Best interns could possibly join core team.

If someone wants to come here with proper qualifications and help manage the interns that could work too.

Tell me what you guys think. I'm sorry to hijack this thread, but I've been thinking about this for months already, just am too busy to do anything about it right now.

I would like to add that the 3 best locations for this imo are Hong Kong, China and Thailand. Why not the USA you might ask? Well because getting non Americans into the USA to work on crypto projects is going to be close to impossible. Hong Kong would also be hard as expenses are really 5 times higher than Thailand and paperwork would be a big hassle. China is another valid option but no dev core members are there to help out the interns a little.

Back