• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre proposal, Dash Marketing

Do you like this idea?

• yes

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • no

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters

shuang

Dear Dash Nation,

Asking 15 DASH/Month, 3 Months.
Proof of work: I will upload email list and sending records every 5:00 PM, PST

Although Blockchain and DASH has been well known is our community, we have to admit it is quite a minority game, not much people even know about Bitcoin. Amanda B. Johnson did a great work in Youtube, however the audience is confined to Youtube channel. And only people interested in Blockchain, like us, has a chance search those keywords then Google could find us more things that we may interested. Moreover, people don’t watch Youtube every day, but most of them do check their emails, we need actively broadcast our technology, strength, advantage, and merits to let people know, especially those influentials.

Here is my idea, I will use database from Linkedin and Salesforce to find out most updated informations of people, including CEO/Founder/VP, Business Development Director, etc.,to broadcast DASH.

Here is my strategy in detail:

Send out 50 emails every day, Monday to Friday, to different person and positions mentioned above. Every email will be sent one by one instead of massive sending. I will also leave email address from DASH foundation.

I hope DASH could be more acknowledged and adapted by our communal endeavors.
You cannot fully predict the result before attempts.

Please leave comments and your thoughts, regarding how feasible of this proposal, request more information, or suggestions, I appreciate your time.

A bit of myself.
My name is Shuang Guo, currently I am a Ph.D candidate at Washington State University.
I've been doing intern for marketing technologies that developed in our institute for a year. Trying to help professors to transfer their techniques to companies all over the world, build connection and collaboration.

Last edited:
Normally, cooperations spent 10% of net revenue for marketing, for DASH, how much we should spend?

This needs A LOT more elaboration to begin with, but for now I would have to ask that you develop yourself with the community more. Spamming the forums was not a good start.

Establish yourself here, that's step one. We need credentials. Some form of verification, or merit, before we get started in the future.

A proposal like this can wait until evolution when we really kick marketing into overdrive.

This needs A LOT more elaboration to begin with, but for now I would have to ask that you develop yourself with the community more. Spamming the forums was not a good start.

Establish yourself here, that's step one. We need credentials. Some form of verification, or merit, before we get started in the future.

A proposal like this can wait until evolution when we really kick marketing into overdrive.
At this phase I agree development is more important, but marketing can be parallel.
Like I said, youtube channel has its limitation therefore only a small amout people could be reached.
In addition, the expense of sending emails is extremely low. Why not?

Also would like to see these techniques first tested on a few candidates successfully and not be totally turned off by the spam attempt

Sent from my MotoE2 using Tapatalk

Targetted ads are better than random spam. Can we do targetted ads on Linked In ? For people who already interested in blockchain or payment networks?

LOL NO. We spend 33% of 10%, which is just 3%. I think we should be spending on marketing more than on Mining, which is 45% nowadays. 3% doesn't even rank on the radar. Ha ha. Especially we we want to compete vs. PayPal for customers.

I've been an active social media strategist for many years and the one thing I've come to realize is that email marketing is not a great idea. You have to be a semi-famous person like Amanda B. Johnson to truly see any traction with sending people the occasional email newsletter. But that is ONLY IF the person signed up voluntarily to receive information. What you're describing is spam and it's not effective. Putting out high quality information on a trusted site like Medium, Linkedin, etc., is more valuable because Google will pick it up. Just sending people random emails is a waste of time.

Back