• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

[Pre-Proposal] DASH Google Adwords Campaign

Would you support this proposal?

• Total voters

AJA

Hi,
My name is Aaron and this is a pre-proposal to gauge MNO interest for a Google Adwords Campaign for DASH.

I currently run the marketing operations for a successful Australian Bitcoin/Crypto startup that has been operating since 2014.

WHAT IS GOOGLE ADWORDS?

Adwords is probably the largest internet based marketing tools and is used by over a million businesses. Promoted search results are provided based on targeted keywords, search queries and user interests.

It is a very effective marketing tool for reaching quality leads and directing them to your website.

HOW CAN ADWORDS MARKETING HELP DASH?

Adwords can effectively be used to drive traffic to the Dash.org website. Effective ads in google search results can make sure that when a potential Crypto enthusiast is doing some research, DASH is front and centre to warmly welcome them to the world of digital cash.

These ads can also be instrumental in helping recent DASH visitors find us easily again.

Finally, seeing ads regularly feature in google search results, can confirm subconscious brand awareness for people. They're thinking Crypto-currency, they will instantly be thinking DASH!

WHAT I WILL DO

I will create and manage a DASH Adwords Campaign. The campaign will direct to the Dash.org homepage and also various other pages within the site (merchants, wallets etc.)

I will do weekly split testing of the Ads, to introduce new Ad copy, and remove underperforming Ads.

I will provide fortnightly reports on Campaign progress and statistics.
The following image is an example of statistics from a campaign i ran recently. Notice that although it had a set daily budget, the ad clicks increased steadily, while the CPC (cost per click) dropped. This efficiency that is gained is due to split testing the ads so the ad set's performance and relevance is constantly improving.
XGMxDhP.jpg

XGMxDhP.jpg

COST BREAKDOWN

Google AdWords spending Budget: 16 DASH (4DASH/week)

Labour: 12 DASH (3DASH/week)

Proposal fee reimbursement: 5 DASH

TOTAL: 33 DASH

Note: Being a global brand, DASH could benefit from a much larger AdWords budget than i have proposed, however I believe this budget is sufficient to set up a campaign, and show the potential for larger spending in future proposals.

This campaign would also benefit from the Dash.org admins implementing Google analytics on the site (if they haven't already done so) to track usage statistics.

I think is not possible unless you have certain control of the domain, this will need some from the core team grant you access to the website, do you have a confirmation that you will be in such position?

I think is not possible unless you have certain control of the domain, this will need some from the core team grant you access to the website, do you have a confirmation that you will be in such position?

Hi JZA,
To run the Adwords campaign i wont need any special access. To access Analytics I would need a site Admin to add me as a User. Its not a requirement for this proposal, but it would be of great benefit for the sake of tracking and analyzing usage statistics, and hopefully someone from the Core team can put their opinion in this thread about the possibility of working this out.

Proposal Evaluation Committee

Hi AJA

If you have not done this yet, please read: How to submit a Dash Pre-Proposal https://goo.gl/7jmwXQ
As you adjust your Pre-Proposal to our feedback, the evaluation is adjusted and this may be done a number of times (up to 2 or more).
Each time the chance of your Proposal being accepted by the MNO’s will increase.

If you want to know who will be doing the Evaluations – see here: Official PEC Pre-P https://goo.gl/qrbeXK

The evaluations also have another function:
To give the MNO’s and community a Prioritized List of Evaluated Proposals. This list will save the MNO’s and everyone else time and increase the chance of your proposal gaining votes. It will also prevent your proposal from getting lost amongst the horde or prevent it from not being read, because it’s too long or non-conforming.

To adjust your Pre-Proposal for the 1st evaluation will be a time consuming (+- 2 hours of work), but believe me it will be well worth your time if you are serious about getting your Proposal passed.

You might be tempted to quickly post your proposal now, but I would strongly advise you not to do so: The Master Node Owners are very suspicious about people submitting proposals at the last moment before a vote and most of them do not pass.
Keep your Pre-Proposal here on this thread. Improve it as our Reports and the community feedback indicate and you'll have a far better chance of getting the necessary votes next month

Good luck with your Proposal!

Last edited:
Hello,

I have been assigned to look at your pre-proposal by the PEC
  1. There is an official Dash Project Template (.docx file) on the wiki, to help you create a more detailed pre-proposal. Can you use this template to format your proposal post?
  1. Are you happy to provide me with a way to verify your online presence, for example keybase.io?
    • anonymous proposals are possible and you do not have to link to any personal details
I'm currently part of the PEC experiment, we are looking to create a simple and effective way to standardise and report on the pre-proposal process so the MNOs have everything they need to cast informed votes and proposal owners can clarify their plans.

I also want to draw your attention to this recent post from the Core Team about marketing. Hope that is useful.

Hello,

I have been assigned to look at your pre-proposal by the PEC
  1. There is an official Dash Project Template (.docx file) on the wiki, to help you create a more detailed pre-proposal. Can you use this template to format your proposal post?
  1. Are you happy to provide me with a way to verify your online presence, for example keybase.io?
    • anonymous proposals are possible and you do not have to link to any personal details
I'm currently part of the PEC experiment, we are looking to create a simple and effective way to standardise and report on the pre-proposal process so the MNOs have everything they need to cast informed votes and proposal owners can clarify their plans.

I also want to draw your attention to this recent post from the Core Team about marketing. Hope that is useful.
Hi Syntheist,
Thanks for your time looking at my proposal. There has been a lot of support for this proposal and it is obvious that this is an essential part of the marketing plan that is needed.
However it does look like Core is in talks with a marketing firm on strategic direction. My proposal might be pointless if there are already plans to employ an external firm for complete marketing solutions.
It's probably best I put this on the back burner for now to see what happens in this space I think.

I have been doing some further testing for this pre-proposal, and it appears that the dash.org website is on googles banned list for adwords advertising. This is because dash.org is mostly a directory for other Dash websites, there is not a lot of original content specifically on the dash.org domain, in googles eyes.
So my question is this, would it still be an acceptable proposal to aim adwords traffic at other Dash websites. The 'official' site with all the info is https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/ however it may not be aesthetically acceptable as the first impression for new users.
The other option is choosing a handful of other reputable Dash websites to send ads to. They may not be 'official' Dash sites, but increasing traffic to all Dash related sites may still be a good thing.

Thoughts, comments, suggestions please.

it appears that the dash.org website is on googles banned list for adwords advertising
That is an interesting wrinkle. Is this really content related or perhaps a carryover from the negative image from the Darkcoin days? Are bitcoin.org or ethereum.org also banned? Is there a way to request being unbanned?

Also, I think an Adwords campaign would need more than one landing page. Dash.org might be fine for people new to crypto, but we might need other landing pages. For example, if marketing to Litecoin searches we'd need a page to explain DASH advantages over Litecoin.

Back