• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-proposal - Dash for the Belt

Dash for the Belt

d0PRGf6.jpg

TL;DR

GreenCandle is proud to present a unique and exciting opportunity to gain massive exposure to a crypto-friendly target demographic during a special primetime event on a major TV network. On January 18, SpikeTV is re-branding to Paramount Network (owned by Paramount Pictures) - a move that will take the programming more mainstream, and branch out from its current base of 98M North American subscribers, consisting primarily of males aged 18-49. Coincidentally, this audience is the same demographic of the typical crypto early adopter and this opportunity could reap a huge return on investment with massive positive exposure for Dash.

On January 20th, the Inaugural Celebration of this re-branding will be a major Mixed Martial Arts main event TV broadcast. As a result of coingun’s outreach to Firas Zahabi at Tristar Gym in a previous proposal, GreenCandle has been able to secure an opportunity to sponsor Rory MacDonald for the main event welterweight title fight during this special TV event. Rory MacDonald is one of the few MMA stars that promotes cryptocurrency on a daily basis to his 217K twitter followers and MMA fans. Rory has been quoted as saying that he wants his entire $500K purse to be paid in crypto! Rory tweets consistently about bitcoin and bitcoin cash and we now have the opportunity to teach him, MMA fans and his twitter followers about the benefits of Dash. As a bonus, Rory is one of the most desirable and brand-friendly MMA stars and is challenging the current champion, Douglas Lima in a highly-anticipated match. Rory is in the best shape of his career, coming off a spectacular, dominating TKO win over top contender Paul Daley in August 2017.

As part of the sponsorship, GreenCandle will be sending a swag package to Rory for his pre-fight interviews and gym workouts to have Dash on full display for the build-up of the event. Rory will be tweeting about Dash and possibly mention it during interviews. During the walk-out, Dash-branded attire will be seen front and center on the t-shirt and shorts. During the fight, Dash will be visible on the left leg of the shorts and after the fight with a “trucker” hat. Also a representative from GC will be at the event to insure Dash has maximum exposure.

What’s unique about Rory and why should we sponsor him?

Rory is a professional, non-controversial fighter that trained with George St. Pierre (arguably the best MMA fighter of all time) at Tristar Gym in Canada. He is considered by many to be GSP’s protege. One of his recent fights, with Robbie Lawler, was voted as “the most exciting fight ever.” Rory doesn’t back down and is as tough as they come. This event will not be boring and will provide a memorable experience and impression of Dash to an audience of millions of males aged 18-49, the exact demographic that encompasses the vast majority of early adopters of cryptocurrency. Here is a link to the story about the “best fight ever”: http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/...er-vs-rory-macdonald-ii-voted-best-fight-ever

Rory is Compatible with Dash Branding

Rory is non-controversial, has never tested positive for any performance-enhancing drugs and is the ideal type of athlete for Dash to sponsor. Clean, professional demeanor, hard-working and representative of the values Dash Nation promotes and is compatible with the image and brand that Dash Core is seeking. If Dash Core could develop an athlete, we believe someone like Rory would be the archetype.

The Audience

The target demographic of this type of event is ideal for Dash and consistent with our user-base. SpikeTV has 98.7M paid subscribers in North America. Bellator attracts a male demographic aged 18-49, which is the same demographic of the typical crypto enthusiast and early adopter. Typically, the viewership for Bellator fight nights is around 1M, however, this event will be hyped due to the re-branding and as a result we expect more than 1M viewers for this event. With this sponsorship, Dash could be the first alternative cryptocurrency that many of these viewers are made aware of.

Rory’s Notable Accomplishments

Championships and accomplishments

Conclusion

GreenCandle is excited to make this a huge success for Dash with massive exposure to Dash’s target market! GC will fly a representative to the event to make sure that branding and apparel is available and worn at all times. It will assign a project manager to this proposal to ensure that the Dash network is well represented.

We are looking forward to answering any questions you may have about this opportunity.

Due to the time constraints, we will offer this pre-proposal question and comment period for a few days before creating the official proposal. We are still working with Rory's agent to finalize all the logo placement but at this point we want to engage with the network to find out how much they are willing pay for this exposure. We have not committed the network to anything beyond having a discussion about if this type of promotion and if it would suit your needs as Masternode Owners.

Our draft MOU has been completed with a payout of $250,000 USD pegged at the 30 day moving average of $XXX.XX Dash/USD.

Edit: 30 DMA from the proposal submission day will be used to get the narrowest window for the 30 DMA calculation.

We want to finalize things with a very powerful statement so we are glad that you got all the way here. Rory is very very excited about this opportunity. He has taken the time to meet with one of the director's of GreenCandle and hash out this proposal face to face and show us his commitment to making this arrangement mutually beneficial. He has openly commented to our director that he hopes this is the beginning of a long and prosperous business venture between MMA and Dash. Now it is a fight sponsorship but one day it could be purses paid in Dash or entire promotions done cashless. Thanks for taking the time to read this and engage in a discussion with us.

Last edited:
Nice work doing the long game Coingun. It would be huge to see Rory sponsored by Dash. Only suggestion is to adjust the Dash/USD price, since $436 is a minor fraction of the price we're likely to see.

I so want this to happen. I know some people found MMA a controversial subject but its a great demographic for us. Even maybe the rebranding will be ready so it will be a great way to introduce the result of Ogilvy's work at the event. Like Joel said I think the price of dash will be important to make the proposal pass.

Dash for the Belt

TL;DR

GreenCandle is proud to present a unique and exciting opportunity to gain massive exposure to a crypto-friendly target demographic during a special primetime event on a major TV network. On January 18, SpikeTV is re-branding to Paramount Network (owned by Paramount Pictures) - a move that will take the programming more mainstream, and branch out from its current base of 98M North American subscribers, consisting primarily of males aged 18-49. Coincidentally, this audience is the same demographic of the typical crypto early adopter and this opportunity could reap a huge return on investment with massive positive exposure for Dash.

On January 20th, the Inaugural Celebration of this re-branding will be a major Mixed Martial Arts main event TV broadcast. As a result of coingun’s outreach to Firas Zahabi at Tristar Gym in a previous proposal, GreenCandle has been able to secure an opportunity to sponsor Rory MacDonald for the main event welterweight title fight during this special TV event. Rory MacDonald is one of the few MMA stars that promotes cryptocurrency on a daily basis to his 217K twitter followers and MMA fans. Rory has been quoted as saying that he wants his entire $500K purse to be paid in crypto! Rory tweets consistently about bitcoin and bitcoin cash and we now have the opportunity to teach him, MMA fans and his twitter followers about the benefits of Dash. As a bonus, Rory is one of the most desirable and brand-friendly MMA stars and is challenging the current champion, Douglas Lima in a highly-anticipated match. Rory is in the best shape of his career, coming off a spectacular, dominating TKO win over top contender Paul Daley in August 2017.

As part of the sponsorship, GreenCandle will be sending a swag package to Rory for his pre-fight interviews and gym workouts to have Dash on full display for the build-up of the event. Rory will be tweeting about Dash and possibly mention it during interviews. During the walk-out, Dash-branded attire will be seen front and center on the t-shirt and shorts. During the fight, Dash will be visible on the left leg of the shorts and after the fight with a “trucker” hat. Also a representative from GC will be at the event to insure Dash has maximum exposure.

What’s unique about Rory and why should we sponsor him?

Rory is a professional, non-controversial fighter that trained with George St. Pierre (arguably the best MMA fighter of all time) at Tristar Gym in Canada. He is considered by many to be GSP’s protege. One of his recent fights, with Robbie Lawler, was voted as “the most exciting fight ever.” Rory doesn’t back down and is as tough as they come. This event will not be boring and will provide a memorable experience and impression of Dash to an audience of millions of males aged 18-49, the exact demographic that encompasses the vast majority of early adopters of cryptocurrency. Here is a link to the story about the “best fight ever”: http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/...er-vs-rory-macdonald-ii-voted-best-fight-ever

Rory is Compatible with Dash Branding

Rory is non-controversial, has never tested positive for any performance-enhancing drugs and is the ideal type of athlete for Dash to sponsor. Clean, professional demeanor, hard-working and representative of the values Dash Nation promotes and is compatible with the image and brand that Dash Core is seeking. If Dash Core could develop an athlete, we believe someone like Rory would be the archetype.

The Audience

The target demographic of this type of event is ideal for Dash and consistent with our user-base. SpikeTV has 98.7M paid subscribers in North America. Bellator attracts a male demographic aged 18-49, which is the same demographic of the typical crypto enthusiast and early adopter. Typically, the viewership for Bellator fight nights is around 1M, however, this event will be hyped due to the re-branding and as a result we expect more than 1M viewers for this event. With this sponsorship, Dash could be the first alternative cryptocurrency that many of these viewers are made aware of.

Rory’s Notable Accomplishments

Championships and accomplishments

Conclusion

GreenCandle is excited to make this a huge success for Dash with massive exposure to Dash’s target market! GC will fly a representative to the event to make sure that branding and apparel is available and worn at all times. It will assign a project manager to this proposal to ensure that the Dash network is well represented.

We are looking forward to answering any questions you may have about this opportunity.

Due to the time constraints, we will offer this pre-proposal question and comment period for a few days before creating the official proposal. We are still working with Rory's agent to finalize all the logo placement but at this point we want to engage with the network to find out how much they are willing pay for this exposure. We have not committed the network to anything beyond having a discussion about if this type of promotion and if it would suit your needs as Masternode Owners.

Our draft MOU has been completed with a payout of $250,000 USD pegged at the 30 day moving average of $436.70 Dash/USD.

We want to finalize things with a very powerful statement so we are glad that you got all the way here. Rory is very very excited about this opportunity. He has taken the time to meet with one of the director's of GreenCandle and hash out this proposal face to face and show us his commitment to making this arrangement mutually beneficial. He has openly commented to our director that he hopes this is the beginning of a long and prosperous business venture between MMA and Dash. Now it is a fight sponsorship but one day it could be purses paid in Dash or entire promotions done cashless. Thanks for taking the time to read this and engage in a discussion with us.

I love it! And I love the 250K price tag too, seems like a steal for what we get.
What I don't like is how the price was calculated using a old 30 day moving average. But from what I read on Discord that seems to be working itself out nicely. I would settle for calculating the price at the 30 DMA at the exact time of the proposal submission, but it still makes me a bit uneasy. I'm not sure if there is a better way to do it than that though. The only other way you could do it would be to submit at the current price but add an extra 15-25% to be sure your cost were covered if the price went down.
Dash Force will probably follow everyone else's (Core, ABJ, GC) lead and use the 30 DMA metric on our next proposal, unless someone comes up with a better standardized way to do it.

I have not kept up with GC books lately but a summary thread would be nice to see how much if any y'all have in leftover/rollover and maybe a plan on what you propose is done with the extra. I really liked your blockchain breakdown on discord and would copy that and put it in a thread. You could do the same for your other props too and label what the addresses are and make it easy for people to see what is happening. I think a monthly report would be useful, I know I would enjoy reading it. Maybe link it at the bottom of your pre-proposal's.

I hope this passes and if it does I would double check the contract to see if you are right about this...
"We will be seeing the dash logo on fight pass for years to come."
The reason I ask is because the UFC and most shows blur out the logos on replays. Sometimes it is to not associate the brand with the show but I think it is usually because they want said brand to pay again for the advertising after the initial first airing. Get it in writing!

This is a big one Coingun, great get.

P.S. I wondered why Rory Macdonald subscribed to the DFN twitter last week. I just thought it was because of my awesome ninja like twitter skills :D

Great proposal and lots of room in the budget.

If he wants to take crypto for the prize, if Dash does sponsor can he agree to have the prize in Dash? (along with the sponsorship) that would be a great message to his followers and the viewers.

Yes votes from me.

Great proposal and lots of room in the budget.

We really feel this month is a great month to bring this forward and want to work with the MNO's to slam dunk this one for them as an early Christmas present.

If he wants to take crypto for the prize, if Dash does sponsor can he agree to have the prize in Dash? (along with the sponsorship) that would be a great message to his followers and the viewers.

Rory wants nothing to do with the dirty fiat. He want's all the D's.

Yes votes from me.
You stop! You don't want to see the idea's when we get excited!

Would be a yes from me.

...But as discussed in Discord, even if it is the first departure from the standard set by Core, I think using the 30DMA for the previous 30 days at time of proposal submission (rather than for the 30 days in November) will give this proposal a much much better chance of passing.

I love it! And I love the 250K price tag too, seems like a steal for what we get.
What I don't like is how the price was calculated using a old 30 day moving average. But from what I read on Discord that seems to be working itself out nicely. I would settle for calculating the price at the 30 DMA at the exact time of the proposal submission, but it still makes me a bit uneasy. I'm not sure if there is a better way to do it than that though. The only other way you could do it would be to submit at the current price but add an extra 15-25% to be sure your cost were covered if the price went down.
Dash Force will probably follow everyone else's (Core, ABJ, GC) lead and use the 30 DMA metric on our next proposal, unless someone comes up with a better standardized way to do it.
After the discussion on discord we will move forward if we have support with the 30 DMA from the proposal submission day!

I have not kept up with GC books lately but a summary thread would be nice to see how much if any y'all have in leftover/rollover and maybe a plan on what you propose is done with the extra. I really liked your blockchain breakdown on discord and would copy that and put it in a thread. You could do the same for your other props too and label what the addresses are and make it easy for people to see what is happening. I think a monthly report would be useful, I know I would enjoy reading it. Maybe link it at the bottom of your pre-proposal's.
We will take the time to put this together but let's save that discussion for another thread. We realize this is very important to break down for everyone but honestly it's all there on the blockchain we have taken the time to be very careful with moving funds so things were traceable. People just keep asking the question about what's going on with the funds but if anyone actually looked they would realize they are still all just sitting there as they should be in their funding lanes like we have said they would remain.

I hope this passes and if it does I would double check the contract to see if you are right about this...
"We will be seeing the dash logo on fight pass for years to come."
The reason I ask is because the UFC and most shows blur out the logos on replays. Sometimes it is to not associate the brand with the show but I think it is usually because they want said brand to pay again for the advertising after the initial first airing. Get it in writing!
Yeah that comment might been a bit dreamy we of course plan to get everything we can scoped into the MOU and the rest we will do in good faith. Our director left the meeting with Rory feeling very confident about this being a good relationship for Dash. Rory and his team are really open to help us make this a positive experience and they are being very realistic in their ask.

P.S. I wondered why Rory Macdonald subscribed to the DFN twitter last week. I just thought it was because of my awesome ninja like twitter skills :D
Sneaky beaky like...

...But as discussed in Discord, even if it is the first departure from the standard set by Core, I think using the 30DMA for the previous 30 days at time of proposal submission (rather than for the 30 days in November) will give this proposal a much much better chance of passing.
We agree and have adjusted this already in the above ask. We will finalize calculating the 30 DMA up to current tomorrow and have a better idea of that number for you guys. Really appreciate the help and professional discussion on Discord. That is a really great resource for the community! Shout out to Tao!

Hi fellow Dashers! This is Jeremy, the other Director from GreenCandle. This is my first public post, although I have been working behind the scenes with the team since we started this party! I am excited and honored to be a part of GC and the Dash community at large and I am looking forward to the challenges ahead.

I would love to see this to proposal passing, the target is perfect! Dash would be addopted by so many people.

One question, who´s going to be your escrow provider? Are you going to be yourself?

What will happen to any excess funds that are generated during this proposal. If for example the price were to stay at this price point despite you're calculations using the significantly lower 30 day average?

What will happen to any excess funds that are generated during this proposal. If for example the price were to stay at this price point despite you're calculations using the significantly lower 30 day average?
We have stated many times but will again for clarity. All excess funds generated by the proposal will be held in trust by GreenCandle until a legal opinion is provided on the taxable obligations. We will then provide an update with total costs and disclose any excess funds generated. The community, not GC, will decide how to best spend or save those funds. To be clear, GC will not assume ownership of any excess funds created in the proposal process. This is part of our commitment to do only what is in the absolute best interest of the Dash network.

One option would be to extend our deal to sponsor Rory for his next fight. He has openly said he would be willing to work with us for the foreseeable future as long as the relationship is good for both sides.

Could you show us a video where Rory give positive feedback about the potential sponsorship by DASH trought Green Candle?

It would give more confidence to Masternodes on this big proposal, don´t you think so?

Wait for your nice reply

Its kind of surreal to see you here Rory. Welcome to dash, I cant wait to vote for your proposal.

hey everyone, id like to take the time to say I'm super excited about this proposal that I'm working on with GC. as we move forward in this process we will defiantly have some video content up for you. I'm really happy to see all the positive feed back on the thread, thanks everyone!

Big fan, glad you chose Dash as your home. If a proposal goes live, and passes, I'd love to interview you for Dash Force News! :)

Back