• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

(Pre Proposal) DASH Farm Hawaii

Is this a good idea? Would master nodes vote for the Phase 1 Hawaiian Vacations?

• Yes, lets send the key personnel to Hawaii, they have earned it

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No, DASH is a creation of the internet and no meat space meet ups are needed

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

Sputnic

Hi, I am new here, but have been a fan of DASH for a few years now and have profited nicely from the recent surge in price. I have been thinking about how I can best leverage my unique situation to be of maximum benefit to DASH, and came up with a wild idea that makes more sense the more I consider it.

About us: we are developing a 15 acre sustainable farm on the Big Island of Hawaii, which we have been operating as a vacation rental destination for about 2.5 years now. We are in the process of doing a Phase 2 upgrade to our facilities to make an incredible situation even better.

The major proposal is a big picture idea, so I have broken it down into phases to make it more realistic:

Phase 1: Thank the people who have been critical to the success of DASH by sponsoring them on a vacation to Hawaii! We have an established vacation rental business in paradise and our reviews speak for themselves. We will offer a stay for Evan Duffield, Amanda B. Johnson, Ryan Taylor, and any other key personnel that the network thinks deserves a vacation as a thank you from the community. This offer includes +1 guest for each key person as our farm is ideal for couples. The expense for Phase 1 will be the DASH equivalent of $100 / night for each bungalow, and the treasury should also cover airfare roundtrip. Ideally we could schedule everyone to be at the farm at the same time so that a proper evaluation of the potential for the Phase 2 proposal could be made.

Phase 2: DASH Farm Hawaii, fund a permanent retreat location in Hawaii for DASH developers, employees, and master node operators. Collaboration over the internet is amazing, but sometimes humans do best by meeting in person. If small groups of developers, marketers, master node operators, etc are going to meet up somewhere, why not do it in paradise? Hawaii is ideally located halfway between the USA and Japan / China / East Asia and everyone likes to visit. Our location could be used for meetings of developers, and as a glorified timeshare arrangement for master node operators. Part of the fun will be developing the rules whereby scheduling occurs to maximize the utility of having people visit with the clear purpose of working to benefit DASH. After our Phase 2 upgrade is complete we will have four bungalows ideal for couples (8 guests at a time), and an epic greenhouse that is being outfitted as a lounge, dining room, bar, kitchen, etc. Once I have three posts here I will submit a link to our website so you can see how beautiful the location is. The cost of Phase 2 is estimated at $20,000 / month, which will cover everything so that the DASH network has an epic farm in Hawaii used to host people doing work to directly benefit DASH.

Phase 3: If we make it past phase 2 and the DASH farm Hawaii is thriving and productively contributing to the network it will be time to expand in a franchise like fashion. Essentially if we can make it work well here, there should be a physical location in every major market that DASH operates in. There are several different aspects of physical locations that are interesting to consider. The most obvious is creating a hub for people working on DASH to collaborate in person. Beyond this, there is an interesting problem of finding meaningful work for humans in the 21st century economy. As robots, algorithms, and AI replace more and more of what people used to do for work, what will people do to create lives that are fulfilling, meaningful, and of value? I propose that every person if they had the choice would like clean air, clean water, surroundings of natural beauty, healthy food, meaningful work, and a supportive community. Because DASH is arguably the first successfully functioning DAO, we could use it on our farm as a testing ground to develop the economic, social, and ecological systems that will allow humans to thrive going into the future.

Thank you in advance for your feedback. If there is any community interest I will follow up with much more detail to determine the odds of success before submitting a formal proposal for the Phase 1 Hawaiian vacations.

Aloha

Seems excessive considering most work can be done over the internet with today's technology, especially with an organization focused around software development.
One of the unique properties of DAOs is the ability to source work to others around the world this way.
I believe the Dash team is currently leasing an office but the idea an official hub has it's merit as the budget allows for it.

Much more than the odds of success I'm interested in knowing more about you, why we should trust you and what you can provide to build that trust.

Hi Nick,

I agree that most collaboration will be done over the internet, and my thesis is that as DASH grows there will be high value tasks for small groups that will benefit from collaborating in person. As far as establishing trust, this is now my second post on the forum, so with two more I can submit links to our company website and also our profiles on airbnb, VRBO, Instagram etc. Furthermore, that is the idea behind the phasing, so that in Phase 1 the only commitment is to send key personnel on a well deserved vacation. After they have stayed on the farm in person they will have a much more trusted voice in the community than I currently have, and I am confident that what we have is so awesome that anyone who comes to visit will see the potential value.

Aloha

Back