• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

pre-proposal DASH distributed point of sales

Would you support this proposal?

• Yes

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

biaku

Who am I?
Hi I am biaku, a software developer with 5 year experience, have developed different type of systems, curently focused primarily on python and I am very interested in developing blockchain solutions for DASH.

THE PROBLEM

When you run a business like a sports bar, a restaurant where you have multiple accounts and multiple waiters trying to collect the bills, it becomes a heavy process having to invite diners or customers to go to the bar and settle bills one by one. This bothers the customer who expected to pay without leaving his/her company, and causes a bottleneck at the Cashier. This problem could be even bigger when dealing with high customer retailers that will need to manage multiple cash points.

THE SOLUTION

In our team we suggest create a new platform to the wallet that allows transform this process into a easy more decentralized way. Using the server-client analogy there would be a server wallet and client wallet which will hold cashiers accounts assigned to one device each account (IOS, android) and trought this terminal can create a replicator for get the payment and send the signal to the main wallet.

This mean you can have 10 waiters each one with a device configured for can get the payment, but the payment is on behalf of the server wallet it will just display the necessary address and QR code making it easy handle your business and also can accept Dash into the businesses.

The server will provide additional visualization and dashboard monitoring. Clients will be able to handshake with the device through QR scans and get the OAuth identity and configuration settings. This will make it easy to track which waiter or sales person has produced the most sales, on which shift and other analytics.

THE PROJECT
Project interface description

Develop an interface that allow create multiple wallet devices accounts linked to the main server wallet.
The client accounts are accounts generated that allow belongs a device with the main wallet for can receive information from them.
The interface is able to create a new QR code and send this info to the devices, when a device request this.
This interface allow track the devices working on real time
Receive information payment from the device
Send the confirmation of transaction.

Devices apps (IOS/android)
  • Create an app that allow belongs a device with the wallet interface

• Can on demand make request to the wallet interface and get a new QR Code for get the payment.

• Send the information to the main wallet

• Can receive the confirmation and show a message about the transaction is successfully or not.

1x-50Nygtw-s4EPoUlITljxn8xmLSVhVQO-3yYEaJJO8PQMuzRK1r1eKOQLyhoKHOiznLWj8emC-2zbT4jBPpcGMhwqIGyO_R6qUdDxO2X3_kXb5OFg-NZ6lJBEoRkLMq2v37PXm

ABOUT US
  • Aaron

• Biaku

• TBA

• TBA

BUDGET

$30 000 USD Total over 4 months

Screenshot_1_zpszghk3qma.png

upload_2018-9-4_17-24-20.png

TIMELINE
Duration: 4 months

Month 1 milestones:
  • Basic communication protocol

• Initialize a design for dashboard

• Initialize server wallet daemon

• Design metadata structure
Month 2 milestones:
  • Generate remote transactions

• Communicate graphics to client wallet

• Communicate additional data
Month 3 milestones:
  • Full communication of metadata

• Finalize dashboard for server wallet

• Add exporting and communication data for financial records

• Finalize design on client and server wallets
Month 4 milestones:
  • Push apps to app stores

DELIVERABLES

• Source code for App and releases

• Source code for wallet interface

• Documentation for Application

• Releases on Google Play/Apple Store

• Release on Github

Reactions: JZA
biaku, thank you for taking an interest in Dash. I am having trouble understanding which problem you are proposing to solve. From my perspective, it appears several POS software apps already exist which have the capability to provide the solution you are proposing. Can you provide some insight on what makes your proposed solution different from existing POS solutions?

at the moment there are only 2 POS systems available on the dash ecosystem. The one developed by Alt36 and the one developed by kodakk however both of these solutions are centralized either a sole POS or a third party SASS environment.

This software is self runned directly with the blockchain built on top of the DASH Electrum SPV technology and others industry standard protocols.

The payment of a service or product with cryptocurrencies must be expedited and this proposal helps in the development. I think restaurants will provide a better service model with which customers will be more comfortable paying with cryptocurrencies without the fear of waiting longer or stopping at the collection area.

This is a great proposal to get DASH into the businesses that really needed. Many technologies are imagined as a single employee shop or individuals. This actually matures into the multi employees and multi payment venues businesses.

Hey Biaku! Nice to meet you and great proposal. For what I understood of the proiect, you want to do something similar as the solution of QR.CR, isn't it? The one that our team (Dash Merchant Venezuela) is promoting here in Venezuela. The systems works with "terminals" that are connected to a main wallet, and those terminals don't touch the funds, they just redirect the money to the "master" wallet and the QR is generated using the xpub. Do you know that solution?

Best,
Alejandro

I support this proposal and ask mno to vote for it, as Dash is growing in Latam and specially in Haiti we will need these kind of stuff like POS for our merchants and building one is awesome and will help us a lot. Good Luck
Carlo
Dash Haiti Team Leader.

@biaku -- Thank you for your pre-proposal. This is a very interesting solution, and one that is very much needed for those sorts of businesses that rely on having multiple employees and multiple customer accounts always open like a bar or restaurant. Having worked in those industries myself for a number of years, I can definitely see the utility there, especially in a bar or nightclub setting. Last I heard, one of our other partners, Alt36, is planning to branch in to the restaurant/hospitality industry with their software, but it's unclear what form that will take or how long specific developments toward that end will take. As such, the ecosystem always benefits from having multiple options when it comes to solutions so that users can select the services that work best for them, as we've seen with the other extant PoS options already in play in the ecosystem. So to that end, I think this is a good project idea and one that could see some real use in businesses for whom the more "centralized" PoS model doesn't work quite as well.

So in this system, will it utilize or support the usual QR codes on the employee/customer side, NFC payments, etc? Could you tell us a little bit more about yourself and your team and your experience and qualifications?

The payment of a service or product with cryptocurrencies must be expedited and this proposal helps in the development. I think restaurants will provide a better service model with which customers will be more comfortable paying with cryptocurrencies without the fear of waiting longer or stopping at the collection area.
Yes, it is sought that companies implement this type of systems to streamline the collection system and be able to be more efficient

This is a great proposal to get DASH into the businesses that really needed. Many technologies are imagined as a single employee shop or individuals. This actually matures into the multi employees and multi payment venues businesses.
of course, thank you for your comment

I support this proposal and ask mno to vote for it, as Dash is growing in Latam and specially in Haiti we will need these kind of stuff like POS for our merchants and building one is awesome and will help us a lot. Good Luck
Carlo
Dash Haiti Team Leader.
thanks for the support

Hey Biaku! Nice to meet you and great proposal. For what I understood of the proiect, you want to do something similar as the solution of QR.CR, isn't it? The one that our team (Dash Merchant Venezuela) is promoting here in Venezuela. The systems works with "terminals" that are connected to a main wallet, and those terminals don't touch the funds, they just redirect the money to the "master" wallet and the QR is generated using the xpub. Do you know that solution?

Best,
Alejandro
hello alejandro, in effect it is about having a server and the clients who will receive the payment and send it to the main portfolio. I do not know the software you're talking about, but I'll review it

@biaku -- Thank you for your pre-proposal. This is a very interesting solution, and one that is very much needed for those sorts of businesses that rely on having multiple employees and multiple customer accounts always open like a bar or restaurant. Having worked in those industries myself for a number of years, I can definitely see the utility there, especially in a bar or nightclub setting. Last I heard, one of our other partners, Alt36, is planning to branch in to the restaurant/hospitality industry with their software, but it's unclear what form that will take or how long specific developments toward that end will take. As such, the ecosystem always benefits from having multiple options when it comes to solutions so that users can select the services that work best for them, as we've seen with the other extant PoS options already in play in the ecosystem. So to that end, I think this is a good project idea and one that could see some real use in businesses for whom the more "centralized" PoS model doesn't work quite as well.

So in this system, will it utilize or support the usual QR codes on the employee/customer side, NFC payments, etc? Could you tell us a little bit more about yourself and your team and your experience and qualifications?
hello arthyron, in the initial stage we will use QR, because you can not always count on phones that have nfc, first you would have to evaluate how feasible it is to implement it in another stage. With respect to the team, I personally work in the government in which I have led different projects, I have handled different languages such as C #, PHP, Java and Python, the latter is the one I am currently using.

Last edited:
You propose to develop an interesting pos solution of which we could definitely need more.

But how do you plan to bring this to market? What is your growth strategy? What is your long term business plan?

You propose to develop an interesting pos solution of which we could definitely need more.

But how do you plan to bring this to market? What is your growth strategy? What is your long term business plan?
This product will be open source, a survey is currently being carried out in the stores to let them know about this solution and if they would agree to implement it. It would be something like electrum-dash but for companies

I would prefer the product to have one well incentivized team behind it to bring it to market. Just open sourcing it, asking a few businesses to integrate and then letting it rest on github is far inferior for adoption imo. But we’ll it is what it is. Nevertheless your product description makes sense. If it proofs to be useful another team will step in and promote its use.

How do you plan to implement ways to prevent employees from gaming geh system and redirecting payments to their own wallets? How do you plan to implement waiter tipping functionality m? How does your system deal with refunds?

Back