• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-Proposal: Dash Academy (DashAcademy.com)

Steve1047

Pre-Proposal Posted: Feb 1, 2018
Here's our concept for Dash Academy. We welcome any and all comments, suggestions and questions.
Thanks!

LINKS:
Proposal Details: DashAcademy.com
Sample Course: https://tinyurl.com/DashAcademy
Video Overview: https://vimeo.com/lawfirmelearning/review/253549591/4b2ad6528d
About Steve: https://www.linkedin.com/in/stevegluckman/

DashAcademy_Prop_s1.png

DashAcademy_Prop_s2.png

DashAcademy_Prop_s4.png

DashAcademy_Prop_s5.png

DashAcademy_Prop_s6.png

DashAcademy_Prop_s8.png

DashAcademy_Prop_s9x.png

DashAcademy_Prop_s10.png

DashAcademy_Prop_sFoot.png

Hey Steve,

First of all, let me congratulate on your proposal. It looks very professional and I believe it could be very beneficial to the DASH community.

Also, I was wondering how you plan to how much information users retain after completing the courses? Beside that, how many people you expect will be using this service?

Once again, great proposal. Full support.

Cheers,

Santos

Thanks Santos! I greatly appreciate it. Really good questions. If we were to include a knowledge-check exercise in each course, that would help to gauge how much the learner absorbed during the course itself. However, we feel it would be more effective to include this functionality in a later phase when we might get into things like offering Certificate programs (or similar). Hope that makes sense. If others think this is an important element to include in each course, we could do so without impacting cost or schedule in any material way.

As for how many people we expect to use the service, it will definitely start off slow in Phase 1 as we start build the resource. However, looking at the growth and rate of adoption across the entire online academy market, if we can align and cross-promote Dash Academy with the many other Dash communication channels in existance, I expect significant usage and high course access rates across the merchant, investor, developer aad consumer groups.

Hope that helps. Thanks for the support!
Steve

Thanks Santos! I greatly appreciate it. Really good questions. If we were to include a knowledge-check exercise in each course, that would help to gauge how much the learner absorbed during the course itself. However, we feel it would be more effective to include this functionality in a later phase when we might get into things like offering Certificate programs (or similar). Hope that makes sense. If others think this is an important element to include in each course, we could do so without impacting cost or schedule in any material way.

As for how many people we expect to use the service, it will definitely start off slow in Phase 1 as we start build the resource. However, looking at the growth and rate of adoption across the entire online academy market, if we can align and cross-promote Dash Academy with the many other Dash communication channels in existance, I expect significant usage and high course access rates across the merchant, investor, developer aad consumer groups.

Hope that helps. Thanks for the support!
Steve
Thabks Steve, all clear!

Good luck.

Just to be clear, the dash community would own all the assets - graphics / animation / audio etc - not just the output, right?

Sounds like you've got a pretty well thought out plan. Thank you for helping tackle the education gap.

Not sure if there is any room in your plan for this but we desperately need a clear and concise video that explains exactly how the proposal submission process works for someone completely new to dash.

Thanks! That's a great idea. That could definitely be a topic we address in the Dash Academy. I could have used something like that myself when I started this process. Thanks for the input.

Yeah there used to be a good video by Amanda on the topic but they took it down because it had some outdated info. These videos are really important because anyone curious on the process is probably going to search youtube first and now sadly they will not find anything.

Hello Steve. This looks very good! As you may also need a support service, let me introduce myself and our project. My name is Alejandro Echeverria, I'm from Venezuela and we have a proposal (Dash Help Venezuela) for a support center for Dash, we will provide help through call center, livechat, email and social media. We will answer any question related to Dash, and we think we can be allies if both of our proposals pass. Lets keep in touch and see if we can work together in the near future.

Regards.

Hi Alejandro. Thanks for the note and best of luck with your proposal. Yes. That sounds good. Let's check in after the voting period and see if there's a way we could work together.
Best,
Steve

Back