• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-proposal: Cryptocurrency Law and Tax Guide for DASH Masternodes, Miners and Investors

Would you vote to approve this if proposed?

• Yes, I am a Masternode and will vote to approve this if proposed.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I am a Masternode and would vote against this if proposed.

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Very interesting proposal John, but as a new member, I think that it would be more valid to start with a smaller proposal and build your way up. 90 Dash is a lot of money for a legal and tax guide, especially when you are talking about a cryptocurrency, "industry" where majority of members are working hard to create a decentralized community where taxes need to be reinvented from the core. Will this guide be sold anywhere? Perhaps, starting with a smaller proposal, something that should not be an issue for a man with such experience, could help you work on larger projects in the near future.

If other masternodes think that this is something useful to them and the community, you have my support as well. Thank you for your proposal.

Very interesting proposal John, but as a new member, I think that it would be more valid to start with a smaller proposal and build your way up. 90 Dash is a lot of money for a legal and tax guide, especially when you are talking about a cryptocurrency, "industry" where majority of members are working hard to create a decentralized community where taxes need to be reinvented from the core. Will this guide be sold anywhere? Perhaps, starting with a smaller proposal, something that should not be an issue for a man with such experience, could help you work on larger projects in the near future.

If other masternodes think that this is something useful to them and the community, you have my support as well. Thank you for your proposal.

Thank you for the comments and I'll certainly take that into consideration. As to whether it would be sold, my theory is that the DASH Treasury is paying for it, so I would make it public domain and only publish as a free ebook.

I'm happy to answer any further questions.

Dash has already paid lawyer for this problem before. Could you please check this

Thanks.

I reviewed that page before, and it seems to be basically about one page of brief tax advice and then some listing of various KYC/AML info for exchanges. I contend that my proposal has nothing to do with advice for exchanges, but rather for DASH "Masternodes, miners and investors" and would be a good deal more comprehensive than the brief tax coverage found at that webpage. So, to answer your concern, I'm proposing something different and more thorough than what's at that webpage.

Unfortunately, am unable to vote "yes, with adjustments".

I like this idea but I find 90 dash to be too expensive. Do you think you could include youtube vids, discussing various aspects?

Also, other formats (including html) would be helpful. I agree it should be free.

I like this idea but I find 90 dash to be too expensive. Do you think you could include youtube vids, discussing various aspects?

Also, other formats (including html) would be helpful. I agree it should be free.

As to 90 DASH, it would of course only be 85 after reimbursement of the 5 DASH proposal fee, which is quite a bit of money for anyone to put out on spec for a proposal. In terms of the reasoning behind the 85 DASH fee, I addressed it with numbers including my estimated time for this project above. Certainly, if I were a new attorney who needed business I would take less, but I have nearly 20 years experience and I'm busy and would certainly make more than the USD equivalent of 85 DASH in my practice spending that time working than I would working on this project. I thought it would be an interesting project to tackle and something somewhat different than my day to day work and I was trying to keep the fee as low as possible. I originally was thinking about 120 DASH but I figured folks would find that too high. My hourly rate is $325.

As to other formats, I would upload here a PDF and Word version. As to HTML, anyone could feel free to adapt the PDF or Word version to HTML, but I know nothing about how to do that. This proposal would not include youtube videos, but, if there appeared to be demand for that I would consider something like that in the future.

Based on everything I've posted thus far, and out of curiosity, what would you consider to be a reasonable amount for my proposal?

Thanks,

John Flynn

Based on everything I've posted thus far, and out of curiosity, what would you consider to be a reasonable amount for my proposal?

Thanks,

John Flynn

I'm not sure. Do you think maybe you could put together a very small proposal, perhaps with a specific focus? You could supply a booklet and an accompanying Q&A video maybe. Less hours, less pay, but demonstrating the kind of thing you could later expand on. It's just a thought.

I'm not sure. Do you think maybe you could put together a very small proposal, perhaps with a specific focus? You could supply a booklet and an accompanying Q&A video maybe. Less hours, less pay, but demonstrating the kind of thing you could later expand on. It's just a thought.

That's an interesting idea. Let me give it some thought. In the meantime, do you think there is a particular legal issue that people would be most interested in?

John

Please see the following new pre proposal thread for a scaled down project focusing only on tax issues:

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/dash-u-s-tax-guide-for-masternodes-miners-and-investors.26769/

Back