• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-proposal: business integration into retail sector

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmitriybtc

This is a cross-post from https://www.dashcentral.org/p/Business_integration_into_retail_sector

The first Dash payment in the restaurant:

In short
:

Integration of BITCOIN AND DASH into the brick-and-mortar business, starting with restaurants. Integration will be massive as we partner with biggest software provider for retail payment terminals.

Key points:
  • Business integration into retail sector
  • Partnership with the largest software provider for retail merchants in Ukraine.
  • 255 Dash total (85 Dash/month)
  • 3 months proposal (working model may appear earlier)
Updates:

1) The API of our processing center for Bitcoin was developed and tested on demo data.
Here's a link to the actual API with descriptions, methods and examples of its usage.

2) The API for Dash is in the process of development.

3) A documentation for using an API was given to Profit Solutions.

4) The creation of software module that will work with our API is in the process of development from Profit Solutions side. The approximate time of response from them is 2-3 weeks (late June - early July).

5) Legal contract was composed and is in the process of evaluation by Givi Rubenshteyn and Pasteteca. The approximate time of response is the end of this week.

6) The first version of Dash-branded flyers were created. Dash-branded banners are in the process of development.

7) The demo version is up and working. The first release is very close.

Problem:

Cryptocurrency world is waiting for a shift – a shift in the attitude, in how we treat this technology. Lets take a glance at how do people actually see a crypto now:
  1. Investors and startups see it as an unbelievable and completely new technology with enormous potential. Just like the Internet 20 years ago.
  2. Traders and speculators see crypto as high- risk financial instrument, which is capable of making 1000% ROI
  3. Geeks and programmers see it as cool new software for creating something new, something that haven’t been seen before.
  4. Normal people see nothing. They just don’t get it. They can’t even see where to use it. They don’t consider cryptocurrency as money.
Unfortunately nobody has ever done anything in this field. So the goal of our team is to change this status quo.

Our solution:

Our solution is to allow restaurants and other merchants to start accepting cryptocurrency (Bitcoin and Dash only) without dealing with all the complexity of cryptocurrency and an unlawful use of the one.

All of the cryptocurrency transactions with the restaurants will be processed by our service through API and official payment software

In fact, merchants wouldn’t have to deal with cryptocurrency at all. They will receive fiat money on their bank account. That’s a lot easier to make legal and transparent for taxation in Ukraine.

We're starting to work on our software side of this integration right now in order to make it live as soon as possible.

About team:

Our company Cryptogroup has a team are experts in programming, cryptocurrency, Blockchain technologies, and law. We have wide connections with owners of businesses in different sectors that help to make big decisions faster.

Also we have a working cryptocurrency exchange fork.sale, news source on cryptocurrency fork.land and Ukrainian DASH community website dash.com.ua.

Recently we held a few meetups about Dash and cryptocurrency in general in Zhytomyr and Kiev.

Partnerships:
  • Oleksandr Kurinnyi – CEO of AxxonSoft with 10 years of experience in video surveillance and security systems.
  • Michail Reznichenko – CEO of Profit Solutions with 12 years of experience in creation, implementation and maintenance of software and hardware solutions for HoReCa (food service) industry.
  • Owners of Givi Rubenshteyn and Pasteteca – 2 big restaurant networks of Italian and Georgian cuisine in Kiev.
  • More updates on the partnerships in the future
Updates:
  • All of the partnerships announcements will be posted on Ukrainian news resource fork.land, on twitter with hashtag #NowAcceptingDash, on forum and Dash Central
  • There will be created a map, photos and videos of places that will start accepting Dash
What it makes for DASH:
  1. Real transactions on the network, not just trading and speculation. People will finally have a chance to pay for food and other offline services with Dash.
  2. More credibility to the Dash as the best crypto.
  3. The software we'll provide can be incorporated and used in other payment networks, not only on Ukrainian market.
  4. This integration prepares DASH network to wide usage before the Evolution.
Dash-exclusive features:
  • stickers "Dash is accepted here" in front of the restaurant
  • each table will have Dash-exclusive booklets
  • waiters will have T-shirts with qr-codes for accepting Dash only
  • we'll hold Dash meetups in those restaurant and accept Dash only
The budget:

1) Development:
  • $10 000 – Cost of integration with ProfitSolutions network so that a “pay by crypto option” would be added to official software update.
  • $5000 – developer’s salary.
2) Integration
  • $10 000 – on hardware for cryptocurrency operations (iPads or tablets), contracts with restaurants, training the staff.
3) Reimbursement - 5 Dash

TOTAL: $25 500 or 255 DASH

Long-term vision:

Since our team has very good connections with various types of business owners, we can easily see this integration successful. BUT people are not that interested in using or integrating crypto right now. So we need to give them the most convenient solution – provide tablets, integrate and automatically update. It’s just the first step so it’s extremely important.

After successfully integrating this pilot version, we can think about further expansion in all sorts of retail businesses, since the software provider we’ve partnered with (Profit Solutions) covers 80% of all of the available terminals that deal with payment systems for retail in Ukraine.

@akhavr, @alex-ru and all 60 people, who attended our meetups, can confirm our identities.

BIG UPDATE: Many members of the community stressed on the need for some exclusiveness for DASH, which is fair, but, unfortunatelly impossible. HOWEVER, @TroyDASH gave some good compromise on this decision: we will integrate DASH and Bitcoin :)

No other alt-coins. This must help us to maintain a healthy payment infrastructure and DASH's exclusive opportunity for this integration.

Our integration in the news:

Consider voting "YES" if you want DASH to be integrated into retail economy:)

Manually vote yes:

dash-cli gobject vote-many 998dc25abee0789b820b9c9849a95b0a94e30893afccfe80167ca5ab07c7a4c2 funding yes
or from qr console
gobject vote-many 998dc25abee0789b820b9c9849a95b0a94e30893afccfe80167ca5ab07c7a4c2 funding yes

Manually vote no:

dash-cli gobject vote-many 998dc25abee0789b820b9c9849a95b0a94e30893afccfe80167ca5ab07c7a4c2 funding no
or from qt console
gobject vote-many 998dc25abee0789b820b9c9849a95b0a94e30893afccfe80167ca5ab07c7a4c2 funding no

ASK US FOR ANY INFORMATION – WOULD BE GLAD TO EXPLAIN.

Last edited:
Sounds interesting.

Have you done any market research ?

Sounds interesting.

Have you done any market research ?

Yeah, obviously we have done our research. During the last few years I was attending a lot of conferences and meetups regardless crypto, and what I can tell from personal experience is that Ukraine is one of the most cryptocurrency and blockchain-friendly countries, especially Kiev.

On top that, our goal is to create an ecosystem where people are using cryptocurrency on a day to day basis, not only in restaurants but all over the places.

What is important though is that our team have various relationships with business owners that are willing to accept crypto because they understand its potential.

In this case, we create a nice system where people are willing to use crypto because they have places where they can spend it.
And we're staring out from a city where there are lots of people who earn in crypto as well.

What's in it for the merchant ? Do you have some already signed up to the idea at least ?

Hm you say you need $10 000 for Hardware integration. Any reason you can't just use the DashPay POS developed by kodaxx?

Also, you are saying Bitcoin could also be used for payments. How would you promote Dash over Bitcoin (if we are going to pay for it, I think we can expect as much)
Maybe Bitcoin being slow and nobody wanting to take it would be good enough.

Other than that I like the proposal. And with some clarifications will vote for it.

What's in it for the merchant ?

There are a few benefits for merchants in this case:

They will get quite nice attraction from different angles:
  • new people that will be interested in what cryptocurrency is and the next time may try to use this method
  • businesses will be mentioned in various websites that are related to crypto and Dash in particular
  • businesses will position themselves on a new level of progress
  • businesses won't have to pay for integration, that's on us
  • it will be a cheaper, more secure alternative as a payment system since we're dealing with crypto
All of those items will lead towards new clients which is the most important thing in any business.

• We have an arrangement with a developer of a particular district, who owns about 10-15 restaurants.
  • And also the CEO of Profit Solutions (software provider that works on the majority of restaurants in Ukraine) is directly interested in this type of integration.

Last edited:
Sounds good. Your proposal isn't one of the more expensive ones and potentially represents good value for money - at least as a pilot. I like the idea of creating a low cost proof of concept and then taking to to production if you have buy-in from everyone.

Would you mind explaining something about how the fiat gateway works ? In other words, how do you do the conversion to local currency. How does the merchant get "fiat into their bank account" ?

Also, from your description it looks like your solution is integrated into some kind of POS ERP - that would be the "Profit Solutions" one would it ? So the merchant wouldn't have to have a separate POS, they can use their existing one if they are a Profit Solutions customer ? Have I got that correct ?

Idea is interesting and promising, but:

1. Before considering your new budget proposals, I would like to see the successful completion of the already existing ones. The budget proposal for 12 Dash-meetups has already been approved. And as I saw on the reports - only 1 Meet-up was held (the second one was not about Dash, but about Steem, so it's hard for me to count it among the declared 12). I would look forward to seeing the successful completion of this first task (12 Meet-ups in Ukraine) before accepting of new portion of obligations.
2. Before start of creation new software - I would like to see attempts to solve this task with existing software, BlockPay for example.
3. It seems more logical for me if this kind of project will be financed and implemented directly by the Business Development department of the Dash Core team - with the corresponding software-develovers, IMO.

Sounds good. Your proposal isn't one of the more expensive ones and potentially represents good value for money - at least as a pilot. I like the idea of creating a low cost proof of concept and then taking to to production if you have buy-in from everyone.

Would you mind explaining something about how the fiat gateway works ? In other words, how do you do the conversion to local currency. How does the merchant get "fiat into their bank account" ?

Also, from your description it looks like your solution is integrated into some kind of POS ERP - that would be the "Profit Solutions" one would it ? So the merchant wouldn't have to have a separate POS, they can use their existing one if they are a Profit Solutions customer ? Have I got that correct ?

Thanks. We actually have an exchange that will be used as a fiat gateway for our local currency. Currently it only supports Bitcoin and Litecoin, but we'll soon add Dash.

About POS you got it right, we cannot afford to create something new for all of the businesses, so we have to integrate with what people already used to work. In our case, Profit Solutions runs almost everywhere and that's the main reason why we have chosen them at the first place.

1. Before considering your new budget proposals, I would like to see the successful completion of the already existing ones. The budget proposal for 12 Dash-meetups has already been approved. And as I saw on the reports - only 1 Meet-up was held (the second one was not about Dash, but about Steem, so it's hard for me to count it among the declared 12). I would look forward to seeing the successful completion of this first task (12 Meet-ups in Ukraine) before accepting of new portion of obligations.
2. Before start of creation new software - I would like to see attempts to solve this task with existing software, BlockPay for example.
3. It seems more logical for me if this kind of project will be financed and implemented directly by the Business Development department of the Dash Core team - with the corresponding software-develovers, IMO.

Thanks a lot for your response.

1. As I already mentioned, I collaborated with @slava_m. We're planning to make conferences once a month, instead of weekly meetups. Our main focus is going to be on this proposal but we already have scheduled conference for June that will be held at Vinnitsia and July in Cherson. In May we're going to hold a round table and accept Dash there. That's a fresh info actually, I'll share about that pretty soon as well.
2. The reason why implementing the existing software will not work is because we're creating a local integration (for Ukraine). Blockpay is an awesome software but they don't have a settlement option available, and plus even if it appears, it won't work with UAH for a very long period of time. That's a huge problem. Plus, as I already mentioned any business or merchant cannot afford to integrate with new platforms.
3. The truth is that development is not the hardest part, the hardest part will be the actual integration with real businesses. It has to be easy to use, they have to be interested in using it, it has to be similar to what people in our country got used to, and support team have to be local in order to respond to any issue that may come up.
Besides, legal and taxation issues will be the key in our integration. We have people who are experts in this area and are responsible for that specifically.

About financing, I think let community decide what works the best for this type of proposal.

Last edited:
Hm you say you need $10 000 for Hardware integration. Any reason you can't just use the DashPay POS developed by kodaxx?

Also, you are saying Bitcoin could also be used for payments. How would you promote Dash over Bitcoin (if we are going to pay for it, I think we can expect as much)
Maybe Bitcoin being slow and nobody wanting to take it would be good enough.

Other than that I like the proposal. And with some clarifications will vote for it.

An integration with other software providers I discussed in other comments above.
We're going to make Dash branded hardware, checks and everything that is possible with Dash labels on it.

And yeah, I suppose we'll come up with some strategies to teach people why to use Dash over the Bitcoin.

I would try to attach some scheme on google drive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9weDxdUxpbkX2pSREUtcWJmWW8
open

If you want to know more about the conferences we're going to organize, visit this proposal and this report

The business owners don't want to install anything separate or different from the system they are using now (profit solutions). That's why our solution is unique:)

Me too. The money should just be diverted to Evolution development or for Bitpay integration instead. Sorry

We both know that Evolution will be at the end of the year, and will be tested at first in US.
What about other countries that want to adopt crypto right now?

Yeah, it would be awesome if Bitpay supports our local currency but it doesn't unfortunately, and I doubt it will (their settlement list includes only 39 countries). Ukraine is struggling to use even Paypal, it doesn't support it yet.

At the same time crypto is very convenient and will be quite useful for our people.

It takes more than an idea that sounds neat to get my votes, sorry.

Actually it's not just an idea, we have already discussed this integration with CEO of Profit Solutions last week (he approved its feasibility and got much interest). This week we'll have meetings with a few owners of restaurants that are ready to implement this integration.

Besides, I would really appreciate your feedback or questions, it will help to adjust the proposal if it needs to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back