• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-Proposal: Bi-Weekly Videos and Bi-Monthly DASH Conference in Ontario, CANADA

Would you vote for this?

• YES

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • NO

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

Crypto_Chris

Hi Dash community! My name is Chris McGill, I am the creator of Everything Dash. It is a website that was designed to simplify the steps for someone new to Dash and wanting to get involved in it with as little friction as possible. We collect emails at the time of subscription to the site and send everyone who joins a free PDF that acts as there step by step guide for Dash. We do a monthly Q and A with our members that keep them fully informed on what Dash is currently up to and where it is heading.

The Proposal:

With a background in video editing, video production, sound creation, acting and public speaking in front of crowds of over 2000 people in both Canada and Australia. My goal is to grow Dash through a sales funnel that begins with 26 Bi-Weekly funny, professional, and creative videos that lead to awareness, and encourage members to check out our site and get involved in Dash. From there we will hold a DASH Only Conference Bi-Monthly as we attempt to continue to grow the Dash community in Southern Ontario, Canada.

This would provide many benefits to the dash ecosystem: Everyone hired during the creation of all the videos would be paid in Dash making them see the true role that digital cash will play in the near future as they will have now experienced first-hand the reality of digital cash in this world. With lots of new people using dash, and with professional videos being created, this should help grow the community with real active users.

Roadmap:

Phase I: Videos
Our team would begin to create and release a new 3-6 minute every other week. The videos would end with a link to our website as well as the Dash network website.

Phase II: Conference
We would begin to use the created videos to introduce others to the Dash name and with a DASH branded conference. We would do small Dash giveaways as we want the main focus to be adoption, not just free Dash. These conferences would be live streamed so all of the Dash community can see what is going on in Southern Ontario, Canada.

Phase III: Repeat The Process
We believe that with the exposure created from the bi-weekly videos and with the start of the conferences we can really start to grow Dash one person at a time. Southern Ontario, Canada is the most highly populated geographical area and so I think it is a great place to really explode the Dash community from.

Phase IV: Continued Contact
Since we have been collecting emails the whole time as new members join in order to gain the simple step by step guide, we can continue to engage with the Dash community and keep everyone focused on what Dash is becoming day after day.

Core Team:

Chris McGill. - Videographer and idea man.
I have been shooting video for over 10 years for television and charities. I was the Media Director for KidsFest Canada and was responsible for shooting events around Canada that promoted that charity. From interviews to live action, I did it all. I have also helped other friends create videos that have earned thousands to millions of views on youtube and I believe that it is these skills and my attention to detail that can help DASH continue to grow. I am also able to score and create most kinds of music that will be featured in these videos so there will never be a copyright issue.

Julie McGill - Costume Designer
Julie has done almost everything imaginable. Her talent and skills are truly first class in the costume design world.
http://chrisdwmcgill.wixsite.com/juliemcgill

Ashley Swan - Office Administrator
Ashley has been successfully administrating top end real estate and finance offices for years. With her education in Business Office Administration she would take care of running the financials and keeping us on target to hit all of our deadlines.

Kyle Gellatly - S.E.O. (Search Engine Optimization)
Kyle has been working on projects and running campaigns for Red Tag and other large companies. He has over 10 years of experience running campaigns and knows the ins and outs of optimizing any video or article for facebook and google searches.

Proposal Amount: 100 - 150 Dash per Month for 12 months

I have created a pretty detailed budget that I believe is fair and can cover everything from the videos being created to the cost of the conferences. We just want to create videos that create WOW moments for the people watching them, that in the end get them to not just ask, “Hey, what is Dash?” But to go and become members of the Dash community.

NOTE:
All costs are shown as the monthly cost and can be paid in DASH. These are currently estimates based on my conversations with local industry personal this week.

$12,000.00 - Warehouse Rental for Video Shoot (includes hydro)
$10,000.00 - Costume Materials (includes wigs and makeup)
$9,000.00 - Set Design Materials (including vehicle rental to bring it to warehouse)
$4,000.00 - Props
$3,000.00 - Food Services for Actors and Crew
$5,000.00 - Additional Videographer
$5,000.00 - Sound Engineer
$20,000.00 - Actors (4 - 15 people)
$12,000.00 - Costume Design Staff (4 people)
$7,000.00 - Carpenters for Set Design (3 people)
$5,000.00 - Lighting Engineer
$4,000.00 - Dressers for shoot (3 people)
$5,000.00 - Music Fee for custom sound beds and background tracks
$5,000.00 - Head Costume Designer
$8,000.00 - Head of SEO
$5,000.00 - Office Administrator
$7,000.00 - Advertising Fee for local theatre
$7,000.00 - Ideas and lead videographer
$3,000.00 - website maintenance and up keep as traffic increases
$8,000.00 - Bi-Monthly conference ($20,000 for 2 months to cover conference)

I really do believe in Dash and own it as well. I appreciate any and all feedback. I have also attached my full Pre-Proposal as a PDF that you can download if you want to learn more in-depth about the proposal.

Thanks,

Chris

Last edited:
Use "Edit" button. If you don't have it (not sure if it's available for new accounts) post it here in new message and I'll copy/paste in the 1st one.

Makes total sense!... I will copy and paste the document into the main area.
Use "Edit" button. If you don't have it (not sure if it's available for new accounts) post it here in new message and I'll copy/paste in the 1st one.
Thanks. I keep trying to and it says it contains spam which again it doesn't. So strange. I have no idea what to do. I edited all links to my showcase work out of it and still nothing. Any more thoughts on what I can do?

So 6-12 mins of video a month at a cost of 100k that seems a bit high.
Thanks for the input. Most videos if parodies, will be iconic scenes in pop culture. They would prob be closer to 5 - 7 min. We want to make them not to long that no one watches till the end. The cost also accounts for the 1 on 1 introduction to Dash that all crew and staff will get. This will then create highly knowledgeable Dash users by the time a video is finished production. I believe that will have a huge impact on making them see the benefit of Dash long term and allowing it to grow with strength.

Do you have a reel?

A big chunk of your budget is devoted to costuming. Why is that? Could it be because of some special relationship with the costume designer?

What is the current status of Everything Dash? How well did it perform?

Thanks for the input. Most videos if parodies, will be iconic scenes in pop culture. They would prob be closer to 5 - 7 min. We want to make them not to long that no one watches till the end. The cost also accounts for the 1 on 1 introduction to Dash that all crew and staff will get. This will then create highly knowledgeable Dash users by the time a video is finished production. I believe that will have a huge impact on making them see the benefit of Dash long term and allowing it to grow with strength.
Still 10 -14 mins of video production 100k I have done to production in the past and this seems a bit high for such a short amount of time.

Do you have a reel?

A big chunk of your budget is devoted to costuming. Why is that? Could it be because of some special relationship with the costume designer?

What is the current status of Everything Dash? How well did it perform?

Julie is my mom. It is a special relationship in the fact that she is my mother. However her skills and talents are what the payment is for, not the special relationship. I have links to some of my work on different youtube videos we have done. Last time I tried to upload they said they were spam. I will look at trying to add them. As for Everything Dash, the website is created and is launching end by mid December. We will know it's performance then. I just wanted to get a pre-proposal out there too see what common questions the community has. This is all a learning experience.

Still 10 -14 mins of video production 100k I have done to production in the past and this seems a bit high for such a short amount of time.
If it high I understand. I was reading an article on the Dash Force News site just about how if there are no proposals to spend the Dash each month than it was like it didn't exist. (something along those lines) I am 100% aware that 100,000 is a lot for 10 -14 minutes of videos and it's not our intention to try to ask for more than we deserve this idea is worth, I just wanted to put a large number to see the reasons people come up with and it appears its then length of video... it isn't that it is 100 thousand, it's that its a 100 thousand for such little time. If each video was around 10 minutes each perhaps it would be easier to sit with the voters. What kind of number would you suggest, just wondering? On average what do past video proposals seem to look for?

If it high I understand. I was reading an article on the Dash Force News site just about how if there are no proposals to spend the Dash each month than it was like it didn't exist. (something along those lines) I am 100% aware that 100,000 is a lot for 10 -14 minutes of videos and it's not our intention to try to ask for more than we deserve this idea is worth, I just wanted to put a large number to see the reasons people come up with and it appears its then length of video... it isn't that it is 100 thousand, it's that its a 100 thousand for such little time. If each video was around 10 minutes each perhaps it would be easier to sit with the voters. What kind of number would you suggest, just wondering? On average what do past video proposals seem to look for?
The other issue other then the amount versus what you are proposing you are doing. Is you have no track record with the dash community.

I think you will have a hard time selling this to the masternodes unless a established member comes out and says that this type of thing is needed to support their larger campaign. Because we are still early in the larger advertising scheme your work may be fairly premature for where Dash is in its advertising life cycle. Most masternodes are not going to understand the value as they have no context for how your work would benefit them. It's not like selling a idea to a advertising executive at a large company that knows what they want and will work with you towards a refined product. You have to prove yourself first, show success then return for a larger project.

I think you will have a hard time selling this to the masternodes unless a established member comes out and says that this type of thing is needed to support their larger campaign. Because we are still early in the larger advertising scheme your work may be fairly premature for where Dash is in its advertising life cycle. Most masternodes are not going to understand the value as they have no context for how your work would benefit them. It's not like selling a idea to a advertising executive at a large company that knows what they want and will work with you towards a refined product. You have to prove yourself first, show success then return for a larger project.
You make a great point. That is what I have been thinking. If I start this on my own time. And then have real numbers such as youtube views and analytics of the website I can probably make a stronger case. Im thinking of doing a few videos with what income I can set a side to really show my vision and how I think these videos just add to the Dash brand. I appreciate the input.

The other issue other then the amount versus what you are proposing you are doing. Is you have no track record with the dash community.
For sure. I am working on building that. I'm friends with a masternode owner, he actually introduced me to Dash and to the pre-proposal idea. It was him and I who came up with the site and video ideas as he really wants a simple process for people on boarding into dash as he does 1 on 1 meetings all day and just wants to streamline that process. I will work on building my reputation and track record within the Dash community. Thanks for the input.

Do a small project first. An inexpensive small project. If that goes well, then we'll see. I think the length is fine, but the price is high per minute. There is no way we will sign a contract for a year because of the price volatility of Dash. If I may recommend my own article to optimize your chances of getting a successful proposal.:

Strophy and I both wrote articles about best practices (independently). His is stickied at the top.
Mine is here:

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/proposers-skipping-important-steps-why-is-that-eagerness.19354/

Do a small project first. An inexpensive small project. If that goes well, then we'll see. I think the length is fine, but the price is high per minute. There is no way we will sign a contract for a year because of the price volatility of Dash. If I may recommend my own article to optimize your chances of getting a successful proposal.:

Strophy and I both wrote articles about best practices (independently). His is stickied at the top.
Mine is here:

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/proposers-skipping-important-steps-why-is-that-eagerness.19354/
I will check out that article. Thanks so much. And I think that is the approach I will do. An inexpensive initial project and maybe go month to month or proposals showing growth charts and analytics with the community.

You sound like you and your crew have talent and ambition. Can't wait to see some samples, story boards, ideas, etc.

You sound like you and your crew have talent and ambition. Can't wait to see some samples, story boards, ideas, etc.
For sure. I am going to get a solid good couple roughs shot giving a very good example of what kind of ideas and vision I am seeing. And story boards for some feature ideas as well. Thanks for the input. Really looking forward to the future and whats in store.

Back