• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-Proposal: Alt Thirty Six + Dash Sponsorships 2018

Would you vote yes on this proposal?

• Yes

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • No

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters
Thank you for everyone's input and comments. We have adjusted the proposal for funding in two payments vs one based on the feedback. Please go and review the proposal on Dash Central and vote, thank you!!

proposal link: https://www.dashcentral.org/p/AltThirtySix_DashSponsorships2018

Manual voting (DashCore - Tools - Debugconsole):
gobject vote-many 28fdc490aca8bdf5148dd5d61b2288f12d226559077834eb0e29fad59dfef595 funding yes

I urge MNOs to reconsider approving this proposal. We are being asked for another lump sum by the company that didn't provide any proof of their work an their product has been already delayed.

Sure is easy to say "we are on track for May launch" but how can we know that it will actually happen. I personally doubt it - mark my words ;) We had so many failed/never delivered products such as Lamassu (AKA Scamassu) Integration, Charlie Shrem (AKA Charlie Shame) Debit Card, Protonmail integration etc, that I'd really hope MN owners learn on their own mistakes.

And don't get me wrong - I'm all for supporting this proposal right AFTER Alt36 product launch. Accepting it before, we are risking another trasury fraud.

Last edited:
If they couldn't attend the conference because of price depreciation, which is what I assume they'll say, then they freerolled the network. By holding the Dash rather than converting to USD, if the price falls then things the network paid for will not be delivered, however it won't impact Alt-36 negatively. If the price appreciates, now they've got profit they can stuff into their pockets. This is a simple way for proposal owners to game our system, and honestly there should be something in place to either force these companies to convert the Dash to USD, or something. I can't claim to have the answer, obviously this isn't a simple problem, but it must be noted, thought about, and hopefully prevented from happening in the future. Companies freerolling us should be unacceptable.

-- To be clear though, this may not be what happened, it's just my assumption based on the information available.

Back