• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-proposal: Airline In-flight media campaign

How long should we propose to run these ads?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thank you for the input. We would like to produce a new ad but the typical cost of a professional 30 second ad can cost more than $300,000 USD. This is one of the reasons we chose this video. Another reason we chose this video is we believe it is an appropriate introduction to Dash. If anyone is aware of any videos that would be more suitable please link them here. We are open to any and all suggestions to source material.

My personal experience in marketing leads me to believe that this advertisement is a perfect choice for introducing Dash without being too technical. We only have 90 seconds to introduce the Dash brand to the masses and we don’t want to confuse or discourage anyone.

Hi mate please check out fiverr.com or freelancer.com where you can get ads made for few 100 dollars unless you have convincing ad made I am not going to vote yes

We thought about hiring an agency to produce a professional commercial but we found that the production costs and time to produce such an Ad would be too much. We could hire a Freelancer (Like fivvr) but we would still have to pay someone for pre-production work like script writing, story boarding, video location scouting, hiring of talent, video and audio recording, post production mastering and more. So simply hiring a freelancer will cost much more than the freelancers asking price because of the above-mentioned costs. I have personally used freelancers for design work but I found it to be a hit-or-miss prospect - Although I have had great success using freelancers for smaller projects like Logos and print Ads.

I have experience producing Print, Radio, and TV commercials in our (Past) marketing department so we know that even if we pay big money for a professional and sophisticated production we still can’t be sure our members would support the Ad content we choose. When producing advertisements for large concerts and events, we usually relied on advertising materials provided by the talent agency. That made things much simpler because making good looking and appealing Ads for TV is tougher than most people think it is. After making an Ad from scratch we would still require approval from the agency or talent prior to Ad placement. In our case this forum must act as our approving authority.

The airlines already approved this Ad so we believe we should use it while waiting for other new proposals to produce professional material for future advertising.

Last edited:
thanks for that clarification , i will vote yes for this :)

but can you also get a professional video done , i will be vote twice for it :) we desperately needs a proper ad sort of video i could cost $100k or more

Awesome! Thank you. I think we should form some sort of advertising council but I will need some time to think about this further.

Let's remember that instant transaction and low fees are advantages of Dash over other cryptocurrencies. Not advantages over how current payments are done at point of sale in the Western World. In France, I pay 0 cents when I buy something with my debit card (only the merchant does) and it is an instant payment. By watching your video, I would only switch to Dash if I am ready to pay a fee to go private.

Currently, in the Western World, Dash is an advantage only to merchants (in France they pay a 2% fees on each receiving transaction from a customer who pays with a Visa Debit Card) or at people sending money internationally (As it can take days and costs a lot of money). The message should be aiming at them.

I am totally fine with advertising in a plane. But, I believe it should be much more focused, something like : Are you a merchant ? Or do you usually send money abroad (at expesive rates) ? If so, Dash will change your life...

I like that idea and I am now researching a production company that can meet our needs for future advertisements. Dashmaximalist is also interested in having more professional quality Ads made for future projects so my group will take some time to work on this issue.

Wait so your just copying and pasting a video that was previously made? Then this should require 100% trust that you specifically can actually commit the success of the project. Given your "new member" status, I feel like you have no trust within the community and also still are unknown who you are.

It's very vague who you actually are and who your group consist of. Please inform us with details of the events your team has been involved with and the size of the events and how each person can play a role in this operation, why would you need computer professionals to work on this project? With 40+ years experience so you say, I'd hope you can bring references to the table that we can cross check.

Start smaller to build up trust. 25k to a random stranger is a lot of trust to be given.

Wait so your just copying and pasting a video that was previously made? Then this should require 100% trust that you specifically can actually commit the success of the project. Given your "new member" status, I feel like you have no trust within the community and also still are unknown who you are.

It's very vague who you actually are and who your group consist of. Please inform us with details of the events your team has been involved with and the size of the events and how each person can play a role in this operation, why would you need computer professionals to work on this project? With 40+ years experience so you say, I'd hope you can bring references to the table that we can cross check.

Start smaller to build up trust. 25k to a random stranger is a lot of trust to be given.

Yes, we are using previously produced materials to save the Dash treasury hundreds of thousands of Dollars in production fees.

As far as who we are? I am the IT professional mentioned in the previous posts. I have been a part of the community since Darkcoin and was a member of the Darkcoin Foundation. I introduced all my team members to Darkcoin/Dash. Also, I have worked with Fernando Gutierrez on setting up servers and test applications for Dash back in 2015, one of them being Mattermost. If Fernando comes across this post I'm sure he will vouch for me.

As far as our roles go, I have been the technical lead but we are all contributing ideas and spreading the workload across each member of our team. Our team leaders are well known and respected in their communities. They may be new to the forum, like you, but they have owned Dash and have been wanting to promote it for some time.

As you can see we have not included the cost of our team’s time in this proposal because we would all love to see Dash become mainstream. - Since we are already stake holders we will all benefit from the increased adoption.

This proposal is a small test run for the community compared to what we would like to propose. Future proposals like this one will include more airlines and will cost more. This is the bare minimum to get an ad into these major airlines. Certified proof of the completion of this project will be provided from the airlines and will be posted to the Dash forum. Jim and Kerry are currently working on another proposal to promote large concerts and well-known comedians. Marketing and event promotion was their profession prior to their retirement. They have contacts with talent agencies and large venues and production companies that I believe would benefit the Dash community in the future.

We have some really big plans for Dash.

Last edited:
Yes, we are using previously produced materials to save the Dash treasury hundreds of thousands of Dollars in production fees.

As far as who we are? My name is Zachary Smith and I am the IT professional mentioned in the previous posts. I have been a part of the community since Darkcoin and was a member of the Darkcoin Foundation. I introduced all my team members to Darkcoin/Dash. Also, I have worked with Fernando Gutierrez on setting up servers and test applications for Dash back in 2015, one of them being Mattermost. If Fernando comes across this post I'm sure he will vouch for me.

As far as our roles go, I have been the technical lead but we are all contributing ideas and spreading the workload across each member of our team. Our team leaders are well known and respected in their communities. They may be new to the forum, like you, but they have owned Dash and have been wanting to promote it for some time.

As you can see we have not included the cost of our team’s time in this proposal because we would all love to see Dash become mainstream. - Since we are already stake holders we will all benefit from the increased adoption.

This proposal is a small test run for the community compared to what we would like to propose. Future proposals like this one will include more airlines and will cost more. This is the bare minimum to get an ad into these major airlines. Certified proof of the completion of this project will be provided from the airlines and will be posted to the Dash forum. Jim and Kerry are currently working on another proposal to promote large concerts and well-known comedians. Marketing and event promotion was their profession prior to their retirement. They have contacts with talent agencies and large venues and production companies that I believe would benefit the Dash community in the future.

We have some really big plans for Dash.
Thanks for answering my questions, I'm definitely behind you guys now after fully understanding your vision.

Full support here!

I like that idea and I am now researching a production company that can meet our needs for future advertisements. Dashmaximalist is also interested in having more professional quality Ads made for future projects so my group will take some time to work on this issue.
Hey mate, I may have a solution for you regarding a high end video. I'll pm you.

I don't understand how this engages users, it's just advertising that goes in one ear and out the other.

As with most advertising it is difficult to gauge how effective a campaign will be but we are confident that the target audience is highly educated and have the resources to be able to purchase Dash. Please see the "Why is airline advertising effective?" portion of the proposal for why we believe this will be effective compared to other traditional advertising methods. Airline passengers will have this Ad in their face, so to speak, with nowhere else to go but the Lavatory.

I hope this addresses your concerns.

As with most advertising it is difficult to gauge how effective a campaign will be but we are confident that the target audience is highly educated and have the resources to be able to purchase Dash. Please see the "Why is airline advertising effective?" portion of the proposal for why we believe this will be effective compared to other traditional advertising methods. Airline passengers will have this Ad in their face, so to speak, with nowhere else to go but the Lavatory.

I think you should allow users to engage right then and there. Tell them to pull out their phone and download the wallet now and what sources to go to to find out how to buy some

Perhaps we can charge dash for going to the lavatory? Dash for a Splash?

Back