• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-Porposal: Dash Sponsor 4 The Arcane Bear *15,000 Subscribers and growing

Would you vote yes for this sponsorship?

• yes

Votes: 12 100.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Eventually, a critical mass of people will get sick of the baloney that YouTube pulls. Someone should warn them that it's a very very bad idea to make the internet mad. Before Reddit, there was Digg. Digg didn't pay attention to the needs of the users, and one day they just all evaporated and headed over to Reddit.

I can't wait...

I have been aware of the Arcane Bear channel for some time. Obviously Tijo is plugged in, turned on and keenly aware of how crypto will change everything. His audience is a good fit with the Dash product and community. Let's give it a whirl for a month or two and look at the numbers.

It looks like 30% of the total gets plowed straight into advertising on Facebook and giveaways/contests on the channel. Cool. That should pump up viewership even faster.

36% goes to labor costs at a rate of approximately $60k per year. Not unreasonable for self employed top notch talent. Accounting for the lack of benefits, this is comparable to an employment salary of less than 40k a year. Again, very reasonable.

That leaves 33% to replace his Youtube income and make sure he stays viable, even if Youtube cuts him off. Demonetizing youtube videos with libertarian and/or voluntarist viewpoints is getting all too common these days. I would happily poke YouTube in the eye by becoming his exclusive sponsor.

Now if someone would just go make a decentralized platform like YouTube, without all the censorship hogwash, we could take over the world. You know, even faster....

Good analysis IMO! The more I've thought about this, the more value I see in it, especially after finishing the Chuck Williams interview. Tijo takes a philosophical approach, which is rare and valuable in the cryptospehere.

Also, re submitting this cycle, it seems like you have overwhelming support (I'm only going anecdotally here, but it seems apparent to me), so I think there's a significant shot you could get approved this cycle since a lot of MNO's seem to do their voting towards the end of the cycle, but go with your gut, ma'dude!

Good analysis IMO! The more I've thought about this, the more value I see in it, especially after finishing the Chuck Williams interview. Tijo takes a philosophical approach, which is rare and valuable in the cryptospehere.

Also, re submitting this cycle, it seems like you have overwhelming support (I'm only going anecdotally here, but it seems apparent to me), so I think there's a significant shot you could get approved this cycle since a lot of MNO's seem to do their voting towards the end of the cycle, but go with your gut, ma'dude!
Sounds great, I wonder what else I should do to the Proposal before sending it in front of the master nodes. Would love to be live in 2018 with Dash! Ill see if a friend can sponsor us for the 5k Dash proposal fee, as I hadn't included that in the proposal yes.

I would post your socalblade profile https://socialblade.com/youtube/channel/UCPpo9YgJsEwoN0nB-VTF7Tw

250,000 views in the last month, i think the proposal is a deal considering that.

Only issue might be the value increase of dash, depending on how many months the proposal is for. Traditionally people don't like long proposals as the value goes up and the person multiples of the original price. It helps to be clear if the money dash gets used by a 30 day rolling average in usd monthly etc, so a 3 month proposal could last 6 months. If your audience grows than technically we get more out of it depending on the structure. Unfortunately this is still a big experiment and it's a bit flustering to consider all the possibilities.

Not sure how you can control the youtube ads on your own videos unless you targeted yourself somehow via their ad software. If you demonetize the videos you will not show up in search results as much.

Anyway, I hope this passes. You are one of the few people i look forward to meeting at one of the events!

Yes Great idea, I could attach a 30-day rolling average clause which means if it ends up being worth 2x more- I focus the rest of the accumulated Dash in the advertising area. My audience will grow dramatically once we put these last few pieces together. You might be right about the youtube ads if I remove them, do I not show up in the rank an search as well? If not all the Begin/ends of videos would have a Dash Endorsed by the Arcane bear and In partnership with!
Boom

Going to see if I can get it up on the master node voting area in the next few days. I really look forward to meeting you at an event as well brother. Should be opening up my travel plans over the net few months to send me to more conferences.

I will add the Socialblade link to the proposal and the 30-day moving average expenditure correction.

Last edited:
I like this proposal. You have been someone recognized in Social Media and that's always nice for Dash, it would make our cryptocurrency to grow faster.

I also would recommend you to try with 2 months first, and then show results. At the end as every member of the community, we need to take care about the limited budget to proposals, but I think yours can be funded. Don't foget about the reimbursement of the proposal fee, put it on your official budgetz

Congrats! Hope this pass.

I like this proposal. You have been someone recognized in Social Media and that's always nice for Dash, it would make our cryptocurrency to grow faster.

I also would recommend you to try with 2 months first, and then show results. At the end as every member of the community, we need to take care about the limited budget to proposals, but I think yours can be funded. Don't foget about the reimbursement of the proposal fee, put it on your official budgetz

Congrats! Hope this pass.
I hadn't put it up, I don't want to lose the 5 dash- I was going to wait till next month, but I am really glad to hear you support our proposal! Thank you

Back