• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre Budget Proposal - Distribute Dash to 100k ID Verified Venezuelan Users

AirEdu

Hi,

I like some help and feedback from the Dash Community on the AirdropVenezuela campaign run by AirTM.

The goal of the campaign is to distribute crypto directly into the wallets of 100k ID verified users. You can see details here: airdropvenezuela(.)org

Dash is already very active in Venezuela, and we believe that by working together we can get a critical mass of individuals using Dash on the ground. I've also read about the merchant program Dash is working on, as well as other initiatives on the ground. Getting 100k additional users work really leverage the use of Dash in Venezuela.

The idea would be to get USD 100k-200k worth of Dash, to distribute 1-2 USD to each user.

Please let me know what you think and any questions you might have!

I'm a new user so I cant post links yet...
For those of you not aware of AirTM its a P2P dollar denominated wallet with strong presence in Venezuela.
But please check "#airdropvenezuela" and "airtm(DOT)io" to understand the ongoing campaign.

Just giving away dash may not be the best solution. Instead of distributing to 100K people directly, I'd prefer a system where the users are actively involved with the distribution. This way, once they have both sent and received, they will know the power.

Thank you for the feedback.
In this specific case, it is a form of charity and that is why it is simply a giveaway.
Users are required to be ID verified and to login during the campaign period in order to qualify as a recipient.
The end goal is to give 10 USD worth of crypto to 100k users. 10 USD can go a long way in Venezuela.
There will also be an exclusive distribution period for every coin that reaches the goal.
AirTM already counts with more than 250k users in Venezuela.

For me, I want to have confidence against fraudulent claims. I've read your outline of how you do this, but I want something more concrete. Any case of fraud will reflect very negatively on dash. And not least, that once you've collected all this information about people - verified -that you get hacked and thereby discredit the privacy features of dash.

Like I say, charitable giveaways are noble but they don't really engage users until they actually spend it and see it with their own eyes.

Have you done many interviews about this? Is there any info and demos regarding previous work?

Great questions, and I actually work with anti-fraud at AirTM, so this is my nº 1 concern.

Before this initiative we have made a small Airdrop with AirTM users in cooperation with https://www.givecrypto.org/
We distributed 20 USD worth of bitcoin ($5k in total) to 250 active/verified users.
You can see more information on that experience here:
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1eDBtS9NQgIct6w1XoFm0s3P10Jn9yc2AF4IfoEr8_Ug/edit?usp=sharing
In that experience we did have some "Invalid Participants", but in general the experience was very positive for everyone involved.
I'm glad to answer any specific questions you should have about that experience.

We have implemented several lessons from that first experience to avoid/minimize possible fraudulent behavior.

Privacy:
AirTM is a well know P2P exchange in Venezuela, but in order to use AirTM to the full extent you need to be a verified user.
Since most people in Venezuela use AirTM for USD<>Bolivar on/off ramps, users provide their Bank details anyway.
It is important to understand that our #AirdropVenezuela campaign is already going on.
You can check it here: https://airdropvenezuela.org/
We have also done previous work with the Zcash Foundation who is a main supporter of this campaign.

It would be great to get some more feedback, the idea was to create a Budget Proposal (I've never created one) with the goal of raising 100k-200k USD worth of Dash. To each of the 100k ID verified Venezuelan users (1-2 USD per user).
Dash would also become a payment method on AirTM, offering a direct way to on/off board to many different fiat currencies around the world.

Back