• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-Budget Proposal: DASH Moving Billboard

P.S. Sorry, I am not in the game - we soon may be under threat of 4-years-arrest for everything related to crypto (in Russia).

Dang, really? If your identity isn't well undercover, I suggest you make a new one that is! Crypto is the only hope, IMO, of saving the world. Guvments would do well to consider this if they actually cared about their people (but of course they don't, only of themselves) :/

Wow, reminds me of woodstock, if I'd only known! LOL. Time to go!

of course the Indy 500 has it's roots in bootlegging. The fast supped up cars that outran police to deliver alcohol the the people :)

That's NASCAR - not Indy - ya goof :p

Well, may we look on the other side?:

Is here anybody (except MangledBlue) who is ready to place DASH stickers on your cars (for free)?

And what kind of stickers would you prefer?

P.S. Sorry, I am not in the game - we soon may be under threat of 4-years-arrest for everything related to crypto (in Russia).

i guess i can put some sticker on my car for free, any cool sticker not larger than 10x10 cm. actually if dash really take off and MN really give substantial income to me, i will just download some pic here and make sticker out of it.

for now i rather see the budget proposal for :
1. program improvement (wallet, application, etc)
2. btc support fund, where Dash was sold to btc at certain price and use the btc to support Dash at lower price. (the problem would be who should be trusted with the fund)

btw : sorry to hear that really happening in Russia, i thought it was a fud. i mean how come you get arrested for buying virtual goods ?

i guess i can put some sticker on my car for free, any cool sticker not larger than 10x10 cm. actually if dash really take off and MN really give substantial income to me, i will just download some pic here and make sticker out of it.

for now i rather see the budget proposal for :
1. program improvement (wallet, application, etc)
2. btc support fund, where Dash was sold to btc at certain price and use the btc to support Dash at lower price. (the problem would be who should be trusted with the fund)

btw : sorry to hear that really happening in Russia, i thought it was a fud. i mean how come you get arrested for buying virtual goods ?

There is still to exact information about this "Russian anti-crypto Law", we will see in 2016.

Thanks for you sticker-advice and your willing to help...

So what I can see from current situation:

1. The problem is no with sticker production (price optimization, design, ...)
2. And not with Dash technology (Dash has technology at least 1 year ahead of all competitors, even without Evolution.)
3. The main problem is: Dash community is so tiny we even don't have 10 (!) people who wish to place sticker on their car. :oops:

So I would like to see more Budget proposals that solve this the most obvious Dash-problem (We need to grow bigger and stronger community around Dash).
Sometimes it even don't require money - but some minor actions...

(for example, I hate to tell it once again, if we just add some FREE!!! language plugins for this forum from https://xenforo.com/community/resources/categories/translations.31/?order=download_count - it will help to dozens of new dash community members from Russia, China and all the countries... to register here regularly and use this forum, not just lurking-reading here)

Sorry, but prohibition of using Dashtalk for not-english speaking people (so artaficial limitation of community growing) seems to me like a huge sabotage against Dash project. :mad:

What if we started passing out stickers with a link to forums and real DASH in a QR code they could retrieve after downloading the wallet.... I will go down to NY time square and pass them out. Maybe it can help pull in more members....

Last edited by a moderator:
There is still to exact information about this "Russian anti-crypto Law", we will see in 2016.

Thanks for you sticker-advice and your willing to help...

So what I can see from current situation:

1. The problem is no with sticker production (price optimization, design, ...)
2. And not with Dash technology (Dash has technology at least 1 year ahead of all competitors, even without Evolution.)
3. The main problem is: Dash community is so tiny we even don't have 10 (!) people who wish to place sticker on their car. :oops:

So I would like to see more Budget proposals that solve this the most obvious Dash-problem (We need to grow bigger and stronger community around Dash).
Sometimes it even don't require money - but some minor actions...

(for example, I hate to tell it once again, if we just add some FREE!!! language plugins for this forum from https://xenforo.com/community/resources/categories/translations.31/?order=download_count - it will help to dozens of new dash community members from Russia, China and all the countries... to register here regularly and use this forum, not just lurking-reading here)

Sorry, but prohibition of using Dashtalk for not-english speaking people (so artaficial limitation of community growing) seems to me like a huge sabotage against Dash project. :mad:

i think if someone from the community willing to design the sticker that would be more than enough. if anyone want they can download and make the sticker themself. frankly i dont see any benefit of putting sticker on the back of the car or covering one car with sticker... if we want some news, do it right like dogecoin, sponsor and put Dash sticker on a real racing car.

It's kinda funny but Dogecoin actually did that for those who didn't know.

Here is the AMA Josh Wise did on reddit, he is the driver of the car.
http://www.reddit.com/r/dogecoin/comments/21grog/hey_im_josh_wise_and_ill_be_driving_the_nascar/

You can see how excited he is about the sponsor. Here is a washington post article that hit after the sponsorship.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...coin-car-again-thanks-to-two-new-fundraisers/

So how much is it to sponsor a nascar race? I have no idea but if Dogecoin community can do it we can do it, especially if it's part of a proposal.
I'm getting suspicious of who was behind Doges promotion but that's another story.

Could be worth considering demographics, NASCAR would get wide US coverage but very little in Europe and its a very general audience, whereas with less popular series you could expect a similar number of new users from the same kind of budget but more specific groups.

Another advantage is the more grass roots you go the more face to face things become, you're rarely going to get the opportunity to ask a NASCAR or F1 driver what this Dash thing's all about but get it on a club level drifters car and the whole field will know what it is after a few events and a good number of their friends and family after a season.

Imo the best series to target would be endurance and in particular classics, lower coverage but less susceptible to hype and trends and very little snobbishness in the classic classes. Just a thought is all :)

IMO both grassroots stickers promotion AND nascar promotion are great and should coexist :cool:

Well, may we look on the other side?:

Is here anybody (except MangledBlue) who is ready to place DASH stickers on your cars (for free)?

And what kind of stickers would you prefer?

I am totally in! Stickers are inexpensive, and can be very efficient in a promotion.

....of a 'possible' Budget Proposal: DASH Moving Billboard

I don't have much time these days, so here's my take on this in a nutshell:

1. getting a car fully wrapped is way too expensive, stickers placed at the right places do the job at a fraction of the costs. Delivery trucks and taxies are good examples for this.
  2. Dash enthusiasts are a minority of a minority of another minority. In other words, the general public who will see the car will have absolutely NO clue what's advertised here and ignore it. Even when we would have lots of text on the car. Or one of Evan's whitepapers..
The only thing which _might_ work would be when you make people curious so they would visit dashpay.io.

Like, showing Halle Berry's navel with a QR code and the Dash logo. People will scan the QR-code out of curiosity:
HBNavel.jpg

Primitive?

Of course. But gets the job done...

Back