• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Potential Conflict of Interest In Sponsoring Proposals

Dash Envoy

I'm a bit disappointed with the way proposals are being Sponsored by Jeff "Coingun" Smith left and right.I felt as a core member, he should concentrate his time and effort in his role as head of network Operations which is a very important role and I'm sure he really wants to contribute to the success and advancement of Dash but because of his stature in the dash nation community, he can really sway the masternodes to vote yes to his sponsored Proposals that you can notice to be getting bigger and bigger slice of the monthly budget and this will lead to a lot of clout in the Dash community. As you can imagine, All the big budget proposal owners seem to be contacting Jeff and convincing him first to sponsor or write the proposal on their behalf and as a come on, request him and his green candle to do the escrow at what internal arrangement, that only leaves one to your imagination.

We all love Dash and really wants dash to be the #1 payments use cases because of its intrinsic attributes that we all love and support but to have an equal opportunities for every proposal owners, and for "Delicadeza" sake, Coregroup members, dash force news members and other DAOs, should refrain or inhibit themselves from sponsoring and writing Proposals on behalf of big budget proposal owners and please just concentrate on your very important Role entrusted to you by the Dash Community.

If ever one ask for Escrow service to help Dash not be cheated, it's alright for Green candle to help with the escrow, but to be the one to pitch for big item projects like the bitplus,etc, i felt there's a conflict of interest there coz i felt he can be using his influence and stature in the community for his favourite proposals with him not realizing this... let the proposal owner do it by themselves without the help of the above Core members, dash Force news members and othe DAOs. In other words, Please inhibit yourselves from sponsoring and assisting proposal Owners and dont sponsor, hype and discuss the merits in dash force news and the three amigos or in Youtube Dash channels to give an equal opportunities for proposal owners and let the masternodes decides for the merits of the proposals. Thanks very much for understanding ....

I agree. It seems for now it's a necessary evil. I'm hoping in time, the escrow business will become more competitive. This is why I would like to see proposal fees substantially reduced for MNOs; a cost of one dash per masternode per superblock. Imo, this would encourage pre-proposal services, including escrow, and give rise to greater competition.

Having done Network Operations before, it requires being available for emergencies and other than some upgrades here and there it is not a high demand position. He isn't the only one either. If core felt that he was not able to respond fast enough then they could hire additional help.

I commend him for spending the effort to do escrow, it is not easy. Anyone who has done a proposal knows how hard and entirely stressful it is every time. And you can see his greencandle proposals have not been rubber stamped with several failing. If anything there is more scrutiny over them. But it is a necessary evil and he has said just as much and I'm sure he would rather not be doing it.

This is just getting beyond ridiculous, people complain about not having escrow, then we get more escrow and people complain about everything to do with the escrow service.

I agree. It seems for now it's a necessary evil. I'm hoping in time, the escrow business will become more competitive. This is why I would like to see proposal fees substantially reduced for MNOs; a cost of one dash per masternode per superblock. Imo, this would encourage pre-proposal services, including escrow, and give rise to greater competition.

Thanks very much GrandmasterDash for your reply.I really hope there must be a mechanism to be able to allow other noteworthy proposals to be submitted and allow others to propose not because the Masternodes voted yes to your proposal, that every month thru your green Candle sponsors you keep on submitting new proposals as if this becomes your source of income by masquerading as 100% for the benefit of Dash. Concentrate forst to your previous Proposal and wait for a little while for this to materialize and show good results and that will benefit Dash before submitting onother bigger item proposal for the same market. Ryan taylor and the new head of Business Development and Blockcypher are all doing their Part to have Large Global Deals for Dash with very little Budget..lets be patient and trust the Core Team to really
Having done Network Operations before, it requires being available for emergencies and other than some upgrades here and there it is not a high demand position. He isn't the only one either. If core felt that he was not able to respond fast enough then they could hire additional help.

I commend him for spending the effort to do escrow, it is not easy. Anyone who has done a proposal knows how hard and entirely stressful it is every time. And you can see his greencandle proposals have not been rubber stamped with several failing. If anything there is more scrutiny over them. But it is a necessary evil and he has said just as much and I'm sure he would rather not be doing it.

This is just getting beyond ridiculous, people complain about not having escrow, then we get more escrow and people complain about everything to do with the escrow service.
Thanks for replying.I'm not against the escrow that green Candle is doing as it is really needed, but writing the proposal and pitching on behalf of the proposal owner is what I'm questioning for Core members, Dash force 3 amigos allowing Green candle to guest in their live show to discuss their sponsored live proposal while it is still being voted by the masternodes.They can discuss that after the voting if they wish because in a way it can unintentionally helped and give undue advantage the busy and overwhelmed masternodes with very little time to decide in that sponsored proposal/s and if it is sponsored by the 3 amigos or a member of the core group it will be unfair to other proposal owners who doesn't have Padrinos. An honorable judge will inhibit or recuss himself/herself if he is related in a way to the plaitiff or defendant or their lawyers so as not to influence the decision of the case. I hope you get what i'm questioning... the propriety of pitching or sponsoring by influential Persons in the Dash Community as they can also be masterowners themselves like Mastermined or jeff himself i'm not sure..

Last edited:
Thanks for replying.I'm not against the escrow that green Candle is doing as it is really needed, but writing the proposal and pitching on behalf of the proposal owner is what I'm questioning for Core members, Dash force 3 amigos allowing Green candle to guest in theirlive show to discuss their sponsored live proposal while it is still being voted by the masternodes.They can discuss that after the voting if they wished because in a way it can unintentionally helped the busy masternodes to decide in that sponsored proposal/s and if it sponsored by the 3 amigos or a member of the core group it will be unfair to other proposal owners who doesn't have Padrinos.
I don't see it as unfair.

1. Any proposal owner can get on 3 amigos if they wanted (i assume). And it is the responsibility of the proposal owner to get attention if they desire it.
2. You are indirectly assuming they are keeping other proposal owners ability to get attention.
3. Around 600 people watch 3 amigos, not enough to cause a difference in voting patterns imho.
4. Using escrow service is already a lot of work, it should come with that bonus once in a while.

I don't speak for dash force news but i would guess that they haven't rejected any proposal owner from being on the show. Obviously if the proposal owner was poorly prepared or the quality is low i would expect them to not waste our time.

I don't see it as unfair.

1. Any proposal owner can get on 3 amigos if they wanted (i assume). And it is the responsibility of the proposal owner to get attention if they desire it.
2. You are indirectly assuming they are keeping other proposal owners ability to get attention.
3. Around 600 people watch 3 amigos, not enough to cause a difference in voting patterns imho.
4. Using escrow service is already a lot of work, it should come with that bonus once in a while.

I don't speak for dash force news but i would guess that they haven't rejected any proposal owner from being on the show. Obviously if the proposal owner was poorly prepared or the quality is low i would expect them to not waste our time.
Thanks again Ampp for your reply.. I have express my reservation in the pitching and sponsoring and hyping for sponsored Proposal Owners and tried to express my side.. If you think I'm wrong,, i will no longer respond to anyone here. I love Dash and I'm also thinking of ways how i can contribute via a proposal but i will wait until I am very sure that my proposal will really be needed by my target market and that there is no better proposal proposed by other members of the community or can be redundant to what the core group is negotiating for and on behalf of Dash. Again , thanks for your time...

We are all entitled to our opinions and it's not a bad discussion and perhaps another person can chime in. We can just agree to disagree and i don't want to stop you from conversing here.

Thanks again Ampp for your reply.. I have express my reservation in the pitching and sponsoring and hyping for sponsored Proposal Owners and tried to express my side.. If you think I'm wrong,, i will no longer respond to anyone here. I love Dash and I'm also thinking of ways how i can contribute via a proposal but i will wait until I am very sure that my proposal will really be needed by my target market and that there is no better proposal proposed by other members of the community or can be redundant to what the core group is negotiating for and on behalf of Dash. Again , thanks for your time...

Back