• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Poll: Should we anoint demo a "Resident Troll" badge?

Poll: Should we anoint demo a "Resident Troll" badge?

• Total voters
I think I am gonna lose this, so this is my counter proposal.

It is unfair only me having the badge, there are other trolls also. Nobody is 100% troll, and nobody is 0% troll. Not to mention of course that the troll badge is always relative, a troll community rates the prudent people as trolls. This is what happened to Noah or to Lot, for example.

So my proposal is:

Give a granular badge to everybody, that will show how much troll someone is, according to the troll ratings he/she received. Even better let this granular troll badge be able to show: "all troll ratings" / "this year troll ratings" / "this month troll ratings".

Because some people may have many troll ratings accumulated over the past years, but the current year (or month) they may changed their trollish behavior and they may are not considered as trolls by the community anymore.

Last edited:
Figuring out how to deal with @demo is a right of passage for this community. Kind of a character test. Putting a badge on her weakens the test.

@demo Usually most people can find some sort of common ground. But you seem to take the opposite stance just because you can. Sometimes it's good to play devils advocate but when you default to that it goes past being helpful in any way. You also seem inconsistent in who you target. Tron works for the overstock CEO which is one of the biggest people in the space and you want to question him on a 5 dash proposal (the smallest (pre)proposal on the network). Lets agree that is fairly ridiculous by anyone's standards. Then you say you know more influential people which you have no way to prove. You may not be 100% troll but you are close to it.

Then you say you know more influential people which you have no way to prove. .
I never said that my friends are more or less influential people than @Tron's friends. I said that I prefer my friends to get the dash , instead of the friends of @Tron, for the simple reason that they are my friends! And I think this is a rational behavior, and everyone should think that way, before deciding how to vote.

Furthermore my main argument is that if @Tron has influential friends, how this complies with the fact that they beg for free dash? If the were really influentual, they should buy masternodes, and not to beg for free dash from the budget. The fact that they beg for free dash, means that they are poor, thus they are not influential.

So what I propose is to give all dash to @Tron , and pay him to advertise dash to his influential friends, but not give them dash for free. @Tron's campaign should have the goal to convince his influential friends, in order for them to buy masternodes and invest in dash.

Last edited:
@demo I think you've partially missed the point; it's a series of events that made me create this poll / thread.

Don't misunderstand me. I think deep down you have some good intentions and it's flattering you feel somewhat at home here. I would just appreciate that you take a little care sometimes. Tbh, I too need to do this as I can sometimes get carried away. For all the people I've offended here, I still ultimately have to remember and respect that these are real humans.

For all it's shortcomings, dash resolves everything at the ballot box, so to speak. Of course, there have been many people and proposals I disagreed with but it is what it is. It's done, in the past. And I can tell you with complete confidence, if you stare at a car crash immediately in front of you, you will indeed become a part of it. Yet, if you look to a point of safety, your muscle memory will lead you to safety. So instead of repeatedly reflecting on negatives, let's try to consider the positives others might bring.

I don't really mind most of demo's posts. Instead of a troll badge, I would rather just have moderators enforce rules with appropriate action whenever demo crosses the line into territory that is not in line with common sense community/forum guidelines.

I don't really mind most of demo's posts. Instead of a troll badge, I would rather just have moderators enforce rules with appropriate action whenever demo crosses the line into territory that is not in line with common sense community/forum guidelines.
You may hide my quotes from the common view, but I definetely disagree for you to delete them.
The moderators and myself should always be able to view the deleted quotes.
This is the only way for me to prove in the future, that YOU, the deletionist, are the troll and not me.

You may hide my quotes from the common view, but I definetely disagree for you to delete them.
The moderators and myself should always be able to view the deleted quotes.
This is the only way for me to prove in the future, that YOU, the deletionist, are the troll and not me.

Deletions aren't the only option. There are also temp bans or permabans for repeated offenses for egregious abuses.

That being said, I think many of your posts are fine, but you need to be reined in sometimes when it comes to thread hijacking or thread bumping.

A troll badge is a type of ad hominem attack. Debate ideas, not people or labels. If the discourse runs afoul of community guidelines I think there are already sanctions for that.

Deletions aren't the only option. There are also temp bans or permabans for repeated offenses for egregious abuses.

That being said, I think many of your posts are fine, but you need to be reined in sometimes when it comes to thread hijacking or thread bumping.

I dont care if you ban me, as long as I am allowed to speak after my ban.
After all you have already did it, you secretly banned me for 14 days, without announcing it to the community.

Hit me, but listen to me.

Last edited:
I dont care if you ban me, as long as I am allowed to speak after my ban.
You may hit me if you want, but also listen to me.

After all you have already secretly ban me for 14 days, without announcing it to the community.

Personally, I really wouldn't want to ban you. Instead of specifically targeting you, I wonder if we can do this automatically via some kind of forum rule e.g. X number of troll flags in Y time would give a troll badge for Z duration.

I personally would be for a ban. demo was the reason why in the beginning I didn't bother signing up to the forum. I eventually did because my dash became worth so much that i couldn't affored not to. And I found that this forum has an ignore function so I won't ever seen any posts or comments by demo. And I would recommend others to use this.

I'm pretty new to this community, only joined a few month ago. When I joined, my first impression of demo was that he/she is just a harmless troll, sometimes simply not getting what a thread is about and thus trolling and hijacking.
Well, now I've changed my mind. I've seen too much stuff recently that was just too much. She keeps popping up in threads and posts stuff that is completely off-topic, technically wrong, or just silly. At the same time, she insults people who try to correct her wrong understanding and assumptions. Now she started doing that in a discussion about blockchain satellite broadcasting: https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/...-planet-from-geosynchronous-satellites.17279/

I understand that you have some kind of mercy with her. At least till some degree. But there must be limits to this, and actions must be taken. I'm not for a full-blown ban, but something like banning for 1 or 2 days per incident would be perfectly fine. Giving her a badge...nope, definitely not. Honestly, she seems to enjoy pissing off people, so that'd be just a badge of honor for her.

I'm pretty new to this community, only joined a few month ago. When I joined, my first impression of demo was that he/she is just a harmless troll, sometimes simply not getting what a thread is about and thus trolling and hijacking.
Well, now I've changed my mind. I've seen too much stuff recently that was just too much. She keeps popping up in threads and posts stuff that is completely off-topic, technically wrong, or just silly. At the same time, she insults people who try to correct her wrong understanding and assumptions. Now she started doing that in a discussion about blockchain satellite broadcasting: https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/...-planet-from-geosynchronous-satellites.17279/

Instead of grumbling here, go answer to the aforementioned thread with technical arguments.

Instead of winning here, go answer to the aforementioed thread with technical arguments.
I tried demo, really. But it's hopeless. You throw in completely unrelated stuff, mix up stuff, use stuff out of context. It's completely hopeless. Having technical arguments with you is hopeless. Because you seem to believe you understand what you're talking about, but you're on such a high level of wrongness, it's impossible to work on that level. Not only on that thread, I watched you doing exactly the same style of arguments in other threads when it got technical.

I tried demo, really. But it's hopeless. You throw in completely unrelated stuff, mix up stuff, use stuff out of context. It's completely hopeless. Having technical arguments with you is hopeless. Because you seem to believe you understand what you're talking about, but you're on such a high level of wrongness, it's impossible to work on that level. Not only on that thread, I watched you doing exactly the same style of arguments in other threads when it got technical.

The fact that you dont understand what satellite internet really is, doesnt make my comments unrelated. Go read a little bit, and I hope you will understand what I am talking about.

The fact that you dont understand what satellite internet really is, doesnt make my comments unrelated. Go read a little bit, and you will understand what I am talking about.

Tell me I'm wrong; you've never used Satellite Internet.

Back