• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Poll: InstantSend fee reduction

Should we reduce the fee for InstantSend from 0.01 to 0.001 dash?

• Total voters
Your poll is not setup correctly. Below follows the correct way to setup your poll. You should at least add the Other option.

Poll: Should we reduce the fee for InstantSend from 0.01 to 0.001 dash?
  1. Yes, reduce fee 7 vote(s) 100.0%
  2. No, unchanged 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  3. conditional poll option: IF the locked dash by the masternodes becomes more than 70% THEN reduce the fee from 0.01 to 0.001 dash 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  4. reduce fee from 0.01 to 0.0001 dash 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  5. Increase the fee from 0.01 to 0.02 dash 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  6. Increase the fee from 0.01 to 0.03 dash 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  7. Delete the fee 0 vote(s) 0 vote(s) 0.0% 0.0%
  8. Stop posting polls 0 vote(s) 0.0% 0.0%
  9. Stop posting poll options 0 vote(s) 0.0% 0.0%
  10. Other 0 vote(s) 0.0% 0.0%

Last edited:
Trying to get a better understanding of instant send but the wiki link to the white paper will only show me the first 3 pages unless I download a special app. Is there some reason that we cannot afford to host this document ourselves?

Currently, 0.01 dash is nearly 12 cents per transaction. We need to make this cheaper.
imo, 0.01 = 12c usd is not a high rate and IF that is in part how Master Nodes garner their reward, it seems like a fair amount.

AFAIK, XMR Monero is presently fee scheduled @ 0.10xmr for a transaction, which is 10x higher...
The crypto public must be made aware of the value and utility in making use of DASH for P2P !
PR, and a crowd funded fiat gateway are the two most important projects I feel should be undertaken for the improvement of DASH.
Best
rc

imo, 0.01 = 12c usd is not a high rate and IF that is in part how Master Nodes garner their reward, it seems like a fair amount.

AFAIK, XMR Monero is presently fee scheduled @ 0.10xmr for a transaction, which is 10x higher...
The crypto public must be made aware of the value and utility in making use of DASH for P2P !
PR, and a crowd funded fiat gateway are the two most important projects I feel should be undertaken for the improvement of DASH.
Best
rc

For pay-per-article or pay-per-minute services, 12 cents is both expensive and not competitive.
  1. Other cryptos are speeding up confirmations (switching to POS etc) and / or offering their own versions of instant transactions.
  2. If dash is indeed aimed at mass adoption ("digital cash"), then the low fee will be made up in quantity.
  3. The idea of charges for money handling is exactly why we switched from banks to crypto. What's the point of using dash if users are met by greedy MNOs?
  4. The expansion of MN services and those services sitting on Evolution will more than make up for this cost e.g. data storage costs etc.

I don't consider MN operators greedy, nor do I consider miners to be so...

imo, DASH does well maintaining it's niche in the marketplace. The competition is notable for their specific details.

Best
rc

$12 seems okay to me though it does make certain kinds of transactions expensive. I would be in favor of having the fee scaled. Right now it is .01 no matter the total of the transaction. Maybe have it a percentage? That .01 does make DDOS'ing the masternodes a smidge expensive. I suppose micropayments can just learn to live waiting 2.5 minutes for the first confirmation, but I think this will have to be re-assessed someday.

Back