• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Poll: Evo will expose your contact list, are you concerned?

Does an exposed contact list concern you?

• Yes and I consider it a critical flaw.

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Yes, but I am happy to wait one year for this to be fixed

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Not important, let's just get Evo out there

Votes: 7 46.7%

• Total voters
totally agree with kot here
let’s take it easy guys - no need for a poll or all excitement
this is DEMO 1 !
if we still have this by DEMO 10 we can fire this up again here ;)

I don't think this will be an issue. You should be able to store all contacts/info in an encrypted way on DashDrive and locally decrypt in the client. And since the addresses are based on both users involved in the transaction they are also they only ones to know about it.

My concern is that we hear "we'll fix it later" and then never do so...

I can simply not use Evolution until it gets past this public testing phase... But will I be waiting for something that never happens? Just pacifying the masses pretty words, and no intention of following through? Once it's done, whatcha gonna do? We've seen this attitude expressed in the thread which spawned this one...

MasterNode blinding?

Any defense at all for MasterNodes?

The attitude and the track record are both present...

Why would I want my bank account exposed? I wouldn't, even if I have nothing to hide. That in itself is a dangerous premise... I find it deeply disturbing that DASH, the privacy coin, is taking the "if you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear" approach...

What's the point of PS even existing? This is worse than re-using a Bitcoin address. It traces itself...

This smells like the first step in conditioning us to accept the end of PS, and any privacy features DASH previously stood for.

Why bother having a crypto layer at all, it's all usernames... Seems like PayPal is already doing this.

Why not work on a denomination preservation system? So a send doesn't consolidate into a single VIN, but keeps the 10s and 1s, etc. denominated? No way to tell that TX from a mix... Dust, wasn't there supposed to be a dead change fix a few years ago?

I guess there's no reason to bother when you're planning to nix PS anyway...

Last edited:
Back