• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Please Update To v10.14.1 - Masternode Security Update

You can stay on v0.9.13.15 but are encouraged to update to 0.10.14.1.

You can keep your addresses by dumping the privkey of each address from the old wallet and importing it into the new wallet.

After importing the addresses that way you'll need to rescan the blockchain to get the correct display for your balance.

ZwpYb4c.png

This works but the imported address wont be part of new backups correct? and it wont be in the wallet if you regenerate from seed yes?
Ive got some vanity adress that i quite like, would like to keep them without needed special attention to them after upgrading.

This works but the imported address wont be part of new backups correct? and it wont be in the wallet if you regenerate from seed yes?
Ive got some vanity adress that i quite like, would like to keep them without needed special attention to them after upgrading.
Once you've imported it, yes it should then back up just fine. Obviously it won't exist in your previous backups. The official wallet doesn't use a seed - like electrum? Interesting point if you are using electrum though. Will have to try it. Guessing you would have to generate a new seed phrase. (If that's what you mean.)

If you import the privkeys to a wallet.dat the keys are also included in the backup.

Darkcoin does not support BIP32 (deterministic wallets), so there is no seed/passphrase from which the wallet keys are derived.

When you are refering to Electrum you are right - but Electrum-DRK is not released yet ^^

You are always on the safe side when dumping privkeys to e.g. paper. As long as you own the key you own the coins.

You can stay on v0.9.13.15 but are encouraged to update to 0.10.14.1.

You can keep your addresses by dumping the privkey of each address from the old wallet and importing it into the new wallet.

After importing the addresses that way you'll need to rescan the blockchain to get the correct display for your balance.

ZwpYb4c.png
What do you put in [label] and [rescan=true] ?
I just dumped a private key on a testnet wallet to test and didn't put anything in [label] [rescan=true]. The balance shows up, doesn't it mean the coins are already in the wallet?

What do you put in [label] and [rescan=true] ?
I just dumped a private key on a testnet wallet to test and didn't put anything in [label] [rescan=true]. The balance shows up, doesn't it mean the coins are already in the wallet?
It does :)

Parameters in [] are optional, so if you leave them blank the defaults will be used. So here: no label and rescan is performed.

We have to start begging the pools again to update, especially in a critical moment like this? There gotta be some other way. yes, some pools are very quick to respond to updates and I appreciate that but some stubborn ones are making me sick already.

We could look for bugs ourselves. But it's a lot of work. And a lot of people don't understand how it should work, or can't read code. And learning that first is also a lot of work.

Big enough bounties could do the trick. 1k - 10k DRK per vulnerability depending on the severity. But that's not gonna happen so we can just wait and hope Evan fixes problems as they arise. :)

We could look for bugs ourselves. But it's a lot of work. And a lot of people don't understand how it should work, or can't read code. And learning that first is also a lot of work.

Big enough bounties could do the trick. 1k - 10k DRK per vulnerability depending on the severity. But that's not gonna happen so we can just wait and hope Evan fixes problems as they arise. :)
I vote for a bounty for that hacker and beg him to join our dev team. Also I vote for a bounty to hire a pen-tester at his suggestion. :)

We though we did that already. Kristov security check was kind of what you are suggesting. Plus Evan showed the code to a couple of other folks before open sourcing it. But turns out there are more creative folks out there. So i guess we have no choice but let everyone to try their luck and if they get lucky we don't even have to pay them anything. They will just claim their bounties themselves.
I vote for a bounty for that hacker and beg him to join our dev team. Also I vote for a bounty to hire a pen-tester at his suggestion. :)

We could also invite him to some Darkcoin conference as a guest speaker and then...... :rolleyes: That would not only solve the problem but would make an example out of him.

It does :)

Parameters in [] are optional, so if you leave them blank the defaults will be used. So here: no label and rescan is performed.
Flare, I imported one private key and then did the rescan after that, the address showed up in the new wallet like you said.
Then I imported the second private key like this (to test if i could do the rescan at once with the key import):
"importprivkey cUepzNRfBGjfGGCP8FhuBCaBH5T4MwFDGK3nZzfVpTJqthq6c6ps rescan=true" (the label was skipped)
... The amount of tdrk was divided in half and sent to some strange addresses... which I didn't send... I'm puzzled.. (this amount was anonymized in the old wallet)

upload_2014-10-8_13-39-18.png

after update i got this:

2014-10-08 20:13:46 ProcessMessage(dsee, 217 bytes) FAILED
2014-10-08 20:13:46 dsee - Got mismatched pubkey and vin

Is this mean that i have to start from 0?

after update i got this:

Is this mean that i have to start from 0?
No, it means it's rejecting the spoofed MNs.

The inability to 100% squash this kind of issue instantly is probably the only downside of being anonymous and decentralised!

Back