• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Please Update To v10.14.1 - Masternode Security Update

Has anybody sent him or her a message asking him nicely to stop? He's done us a favour in a way but he is stealing indiscriminately from people, some of whom will be relying on and hoping for masternode income. Its all very well saying he or she is going to give he stolen DRK away but I wish they were going to the people who should have got them...
Ugh... at this point we need to look at a bigger picture than just "MN income"... The whole system might have more vulns than just this one. What we need to do is asking him nicely to join our dev team, don't you think so? :)

Where was that stated? All clients share the masternode list, you can test this by typing "masternode list" in your console. As long as you are using client version < 0.10.14.1 this list will contain made up entries - and if you are additionally a pool/miner your client will also select the wrong entries for MN payout.
thanks, flare
must be something with my mind :confused:

thanks, flare
must be something with my mind :confused:
Never mind - actually it's quite confusing sometimes...:grin:

We have (at least) three user groups

- normal users
- masternode operators
- miners/pools

For the security update ALL of these are affected

- normal users use the masternode list during Darksend denomination
- masternodes operators are keen on correct masternode list due to MN payouts
- miners/pools refer to the list to randomly choose one entry for MN payout

So if you are in one of these groups it is mandatory to update, the sooner, the better for the Darkcoin network.

Hope that helps,
Holger

- normal users
- masternode operators
- miners/pools

So if you are in one of these groups it is mandatory to update, the sooner, the better for the Darkcoin network.

Hope that helps,
Holger

Should have been in the very first post :tongue:

(in other words, I was unsure to whom the advisory applies as well).

Thanks for making this clear.

Should have been in the very first post :tongue:

(in other words, I was unsure to whom the advisory applies as well).

Thanks for making this clear.
Yeah, communication needs to be improved. The info is there, but it's not shouting out loud...

PYzSSyB.png

--> https://www.darkcoin.io/downloads/

Hey, guys! Why do you rarely update first post on btalk (that red outdated text at least)? I think there're a lot of people who reads btalk but not darkcointalk. And it is need to read last pages to get info for them.

EMERGENCY POOL FRIENDLY REMINDER

According to https://drk.mn/blocks.html these haven`t updated their wallets yet...

wafflepool10519.13%105100.00%786.266157.25320%77.14%77.14% - INFORMED BY REDDIT, BCT (NICK: POOLWAFFLE)
coinminepl8114.75%81100.00%544.499108.90020%83.95%83.95% - INFORMED BY TWITTER, CONTACT FORM
coinotroncom6211.29%62100.00%405.30781.06120%75.81%75.81% - INFORMED BY EMAIL --> [email protected]
miningpoolhub468.38%46100.00%307.21161.44220%73.91%73.91% - INFORMED BY TWITTER
trademybitcom417.47%41100.00%314.09962.82020%80.49%80.49% - INFORMED BY TWITTER
multipoolus376.74%37100.00%251.12850.22620%86.49%86.49% - INFORMED BY TWITTER
darkcointalkorg152.73%15100.00%102.11920.42420%86.67%86.67% - INFORMED PROPULSION
p2pool112.00%11100.00%79.03915.80820%81.82%81.82%
drkcif8com40.73%4100.00%25.0455.00920%75.00%75.00% - INFORMED BY MAIL [email protected],

Last edited by a moderator:
Can I migrate to the RC version without losing data (coins and addresses with private keys). What is the procedure for a normal user (using version 0.9.13 before 7.10.2014). In bitcointalk already i see posts that . . ." all users are subject to updates" , but does not explain how to do this. The "non" RC version will not available on darkcoin.io(only RC wallet) . Until now when I update, just copy new . exe file and everything works normal (I'm talking about non RC wallet version ). Thanks

- normal users
- masternode operators
- miners/pools

Hope that helps,
Holger
For those who don't use Darksend, can they still use the old Stable v.9.13.15 ?
And for those who want to keep their wallet addresses, what should they do?

Can I migrate to the RC version without losing data (coins and addresses with private keys). What is the procedure for a normal user (using version 0.9.13 before 7.10.2014). In bitcointalk already i see posts that . . ." all users are subject to updates" , but does not explain how to do this. The "non" RC version will not available on darkcoin.io(only RC wallet) . Until now when I update, just copy new . exe file and everything works normal (I'm talking about non RC wallet version ). Thanks
You could always backup your wallet.dat, install the latest wallet, run it so it generates a new RC5 wallet with the larger keypool and then import your private keys into the wallet.

They should all be updated as there is no longer a stable version. Darksend was merged.

As for keeping wallet addresses, dump the address privatekey and then import into the new RC5 wallet.

You can stay on v0.9.13.15 but are encouraged to update to 0.10.14.1.

You can keep your addresses by dumping the privkey of each address from the old wallet and importing it into the new wallet.

After importing the addresses that way you'll need to rescan the blockchain to get the correct display for your balance.

ZwpYb4c.png

Man that tuned update script made updating my masternodes a breeze. Don't think it's ever been this easy! Thanks a lot to everyone.

Back