• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

PIVX/Dash masternode governance, building the worlds first decentralised partnerships

cryptosi

I'm a team member in PIVX, but also a masternode holder in Dash ( as most Pivians are also in the Dash nation)

Today I launched this Alliance/Partnership proposal : https://forum.pivx.org/t/particl-application-for-pivx-alliance/4379

I was going to call it the worlds FIRST decentralised partnership, but then I realised that PArticl does not have decentralised governance.

Would it be an idea to pursue a DASH-PIVX partnership, sharing things like code, promotion, fork support, joint research could be synergies that these two projects could harness.

Sorry to mention another coin in here but after hearing Tao speak on token tv podcast a while back I'm getting the feeling that Crypto tribalism is coming to an end.

Let me know your thoughts guys.

Welcome back to our forum.

Regarding your idea, I'd vote no: Some time ago a lead dev of PIVX (s3v3nh4cks) publicly claimed on Slack that "the project manager(s) of Dash who worked out the partnership with Coinfirm should be hanged".

I strongly oppose this kind of call for violence/murder and therefore disagree on any kind of alliance/partnership between PIVX and Dash.

I feel I am highly receptive to alliances / collaborations, whether it's business, research, marketing, development etc. I'd even consider chain merges if the conditions were right. The state of the market at the moment is kind of pushing for this kind of initiative. Generally speaking, projects joining forces seems like a good way to directly take on bitcoin.

However, in this particular case, at first blush, I would say no. I think there is too much misalignment. Also, I'm not up to date on pivx but I know it has recently been falling like a brick, what happened there?

Regarding your idea, I'd vote no: Some time ago a lead dev of PIVX (s3v3nh4cks) publicly claimed on Slack that "the project manager(s) of Dash who worked out the partnership with Coinfirm should be hanged".

I strongly oppose this kind of call for violence/murder and therefore disagree on any kind of alliance/partnership between PIVX and Dash.
I remember that actually, I thought it was harsh at the time, but I think we can be safe in assuming that he didnt want people to be killed for creating regulations.

As for the price falling 'like a brick'........ I don't think that needs entertaining in this current market.

Well, I'll try to be a little more active around here, but I see there is still some legacy feelings. I'm sure we can move past these petty things in time. After all the world needs a change, we need to do everything within our power to deliver, regardless of personal disagreements and grudges.

Thanks for replying guys

Last edited:
I'm all for working with other projects in a mutually beneficial way. At the end of the day, we all have the same goal. And I believe tribalism in crypto is a bad thing, for sure.

I'm all for cooperation and collaboration when it is mutually beneficial and the benefits outweigh the detriments. On a technical level, though, as I understand it PIVX and Dash function very differently (PoW vs. PoS, etc). Would you be proposing more of an organizational collaboration or a technical one? The latter may be difficult since there's been divergent development on both projects since the split...

I'm not proposing a partnership, I'm just exploring the idea and beginning the brain storming. I like ideas to hit the forums at a very early stage so the community can help sculpt them or reject them.

Tech collaboration would be quite difficult I think, but social collaboration would be quite easy and I'd suggest that's where we could start to look, one thing that springs to mind (probably a terrible idea but I'm thinking aloud) would be to share proposals in the governance systems on a single website (not to replace any existing sites, but to enhance them), thus pushing proposals to their most suited projects, as stated above something like coinfirm wouldnt be welcomed in PIVX (I would not promote a violent or aggressive reaction) but they go against privacy, however we could have a place or system to somehow guide them towards a suitable project, another similar recent development was that 'RIVETZ' approached us for alliance, they wanted to add a small closed source solution to running our wallets on machines that have been compromised, but the closed source aspect made it an absolute no deal for us, however for DASH because there is a clearer and more defined 'CORE' team, Dash may have discussed and possibly it would have suited. Those are just 2 cases and I think that this should perhaps be taken to SmartCash also as they have a decentralised budget too.

But for now I'm not proposing anything, just planting the seed for future collaborations and trying to break down crypto walls and share ideas across projects so we don't silo ourselves off for years and let competition slow us down too much. This is open source tech afterall.

Though a single site for browsing and submitting proposals to multiple governance systems does sound interesting...

Too many soft forks but also some hard forks have already occured in the cryptospace. I would also like to see some cryptocurrencies to merge. A merge has not occured yet, as far as I know. The crypto community should definitely investigate it as possibility. Investigate also the technical, economical and social challenges of a merge.

Bitcoin exploded like a star in a big bang explosion. According coinmarketcap we have 1843 stars now, not to mention the dark matter (aka coins that intentionally hide themselves from coinmarketcap). We have too many repulsive forces, now the cryptospace needs also gravitational forces and merging coins can be considered as gravity.

I will try to merge pivx and dash, in my lab.
Hope it will succeed. I will report the results here.

I have not tried it yet, but I suspect it is not an easy job.

Last edited:

I dont think @s3v3nh4cks ment "hang them" literally. I believe he said that, in order to express how big his disagreement is.

This is a social challenge of a cryptomerge. How can two persons coexist in the same community, when someone likes coinfirm so much and some else detest it so much?

I think we can solve this by introducing a time-spliting "season" rule. Supposing 50% like coinfirm and 50% detest it, half of the time (for example for 2 years) the community will cooperate with coinfirm and half of the time (for the next two years) will not.

So the time will be divided to "seasons" (not necessarily seasons of equal duration, the duration may depend on the popularity of an idea), and the community in every "season" will apply/try a controversial decision. After the end of a cycle, the duration of every season is recalculated/voted (vote the numbers, again)​

Last edited:
Too many soft forks but also some hard forks have already occured in the cryptospace. I would also like to see some cryptocurrencies to merge. A merge has not occured yet, as far as I know. The crypto community should definitely investigate it as possibility. Investigate also the technical, economical and social challenges of a merge.

Bitcoin exploded like a star in a big bang explosion. According coinmarketcap we have 1843 stars now, not to mention the dark matter (aka coins that intentionally hide themselves from coinmarketcap). We have too many repulsive forces, now the cryptospace needs also gravitational forces and merging coins can be considered as gravity.

I have not tried it yet, but I suspect it is not an easy job.

What an incredible idea. We see this happen in the business/stock market world, why not the cryptocurrency world? Maybe merging is what will inevitably consolidate this space into just a handful of big cryptocurrencies. It would be interesting to see Dash lead the forefront on this.

Back