• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pivoting From Dash Proposal System To?

ICJR

Before the creation of the DashNexus proposal I was working on a proposal system of my own ( link ) it is 100% complete but after seeing the DashNexus proposal I stopped working on it. What are other services needed by Dash that are somewhat related to proposal like systems?

A MN has recommended I convert his into a kickstarter like projects where proposal creators can join and ask the community to crowfund their proposals. Is this something the community would be interested in?

Ignore the DashBoost logo, during the development of this service I needed a logo and came up with the attached logos

Attachments

• logos.png
    509.5 KB · Views: 106
would be better if the test pages has real dummy project so instead of just "sssdddsddasssddaa", you should wrote "dummy project: put billboard ad in my town" or "dummy project: create lemonade stand accepting dash only in my school"

would be better if the test pages has real dummy project so instead of just "sssdddsddasssddaa", you should wrote "dummy project: put billboard ad in my town" or "dummy project: create lemonade stand accepting dash only in my school"

Fixed

@ICJR - Thanks for putting in so much work for the network, pity we couldn't avoid parallel development. Dash Nexus should be a tremendous boon to the network for a variety of reasons, greatly looking forward to it. In addition, Dash Boost is now up and running facilitating micro-proposals as well. What I *have* noticed as a need in the community are a few things, just some ideas for you to consider:

1. Many people or groups have tremendous pre-proposals with fully formed teams and budgets and are ready to pull the trigger...but they simply can't scrounge up the 5 Dash fee to submit their proposal. We've talked about perhaps allowing people to pursue proposal fees through Dash Boost, but so far the rules and implementation for that have not yet coalesced. So a site where people could crowdfund proposal fees would definitely meet a real need in the community.

2. Another situation we've run in to lately with the depreciation of the value of Dash due to general market downturn is that there have been many great, low-cost proposals for which there simply wasn't room in the budget. These proposals might have passed in a more typical budget cycle with a higher Dash price, or maybe they were previously successful multi-month proposals that were left unfunded for the same reason. Either way, a few of them have been successful in crowdfunding additional months of funding, so perhaps those who are seeking funding outside of the treasury whose proposals are too large for Dash Boost's 10 Dash limit could be your target audience?

Just some thoughts, but those are some definite needs that have yet to be met in the community.

Back