• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Password

GuruJi

I have been having a problem since March and have already worked with dash tech support. The issue is that I wrote my password down but dashcore says its wrong. I am dyslexic and must have transposed something. What can be done? Only serious answers please. It took me this long to ask because I feel stupid for not testing my password when I only had a few dash. :(

That is a very expensive solution. I am hoping something can be done when Evolution comes online. Dash claims to be different and wants to user friendly so a more reasonable solution from the developers would be great.

That is a very expensive solution. I am hoping something can be done when Evolution comes online. Dash claims to be different and wants to user friendly so a more reasonable solution from the developers would be great.

better pay an "expensive" solution than lose all your coins !

So the best advice I can get is to pay a guy 20% of my dash. Yea. Dash is really different. I hear how great your community is etc... That was one of the reasons that I bought dash to start with.

Hello.
You know that if the guy - Dave - will not bring your coins back he will not charge you.
He will if you receive them.
Lost password or misspelled is not the mistake of the dash community.
People around are looking to help and this solution fits you best possible imo.
If not try and experiment on your password.
You can try as many times as you want.
The wrong passwords will not block your wallet.
Wish you luck.

Thanks but is that the kind of answers you will give to your customers? Or am I misunderstanding what you are trying to accomplish with Evolution? Because if these will be the answers from your support then it sure looks like a fail. "Lost password or misspelled is not the mistake of the dash community." That is not helpful. If Dave thinks it is fun to help people and wants 20% It is more like Dave thinks it is fun to make a lot of $$$$. I have run a business for 20+ years and have been very fair with my customers. And this is not even close to fair. If you really want to help people and think it is fun you chg. a percentage depending on how hard it is to crack and the size of the portfolio.

Cryptocurrency is not a business. We have no dash owners or customers. Dash is it decentralized digital cash works on public community principals. Everyone can offer any improvements of this system. Anybody can consult a new members at this or any other forums at free-of-charge basis, but other do their own business like mining investments, international banking cards, payment services, password restoring and etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryptocurrency#Overview

I have run a business for 20+ years and have been very fair with my customers. And this is not even close to fair
You don't understand what you're talking about. Like ilia_2s says, in cryptocurrency there is no 'business', there are no 'customers'.
You are not fair to yourself by blaming other people for your own failures. It might make you feel a little better but demanding something impossible will always result in disappointment.
One thing you got right, the evolution wallet will provide a optional password reset via email, but this will not help you with your dash-qt wallet.
So, stop blaming everybody else, take the loss or accept help from guys like dave, there are no other options.

Be your Own Bank
is a great keyword - but - brings the responsibility of
being that own bank !

I haven't learned anything here that I didn't already know' I am finding out about how this kind of a problem will be addressed by dash. I pretty much got all these same answers from tech support before i posted here. Anger is always based in fear and my fear is losing my investment. I am glad that @ least there is a guy (Dave) that can be trusted to help me get dashcore unlocked. So I will just bite the bullet and go that route.

If you tend to transpose letters, it wouldn't be that difficult to transpose every letter pair and test out the possibilities.

If you tend to transpose letters, it wouldn't be that difficult to transpose every letter pair and test out the possibilities.
Thank you but the possibilities are more than I can handle. A software that I could input my password into and have it generate the possibilities would be great but I am unable to find something like that so far.

Back