• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

passphrase not working - can't access my Dash!

Ricki13

Can somebody please help? I'm using the Dash Core wallet and recently tried to send some Dash to my Jaxx wallet. It asked me for my passphrase, which I entered over and over again but it would not release the funds and said the phrase was incorrect. I then downloaded the latest version of the wallet and now none of my funds are visable and the wallet is out of sync. I'm not sure how to go about getting my Dash back!

Can somebody please help? I'm using the Dash Core wallet and recently tried to send some Dash to my Jaxx wallet. It asked me for my passphrase, which I entered over and over again but it would not release the funds and said the phrase was incorrect. I then downloaded the latest version of the wallet and now none of my funds are visable and the wallet is out of sync. I'm not sure how to go about getting my Dash back!

You're on windows? The data directory location was changed and you have to do a few things manually:
https://support.node40.com/hc/en-us...QT-Core-wallet-from-12-0-x-to-12-1-x-Windows-

Can't really help on the passphrase, it's come up a few times lately and it's always been down to some other problem (usually corrupted wallets from forcing a shutdown part way through wallet encryption). You'll have backups in your old data directory, maybe try substituting your main wallet.dat for one of them and trying it (after backing up ofc!).

Thanks for the response.
I'm waiting for my new version of the wallet to sync. I'm not good with the technical side but I'll follow the steps in the guide you posted. Freaking out a bit though, I hope I haven't lost all my Dash

Thanks for the response.
I'm waiting for my new version of the wallet to sync. I'm not good with the technical side but I'll follow the steps in the guide you posted. Freaking out a bit though, I hope I haven't lost all my Dash

They'll still be there, just in the old folder. Good time to make a copy of the wallet.dat file if you haven't already though, a CD or USB key somewhere safe. Lots of funds lost from things like hard drives failing :/

Back