• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Paper Wallets ?

tungfa

Foundation Member
Masternode Owner/Operator
Paper Wallets ?
paper.dash.org

hk8mpCN.png

Tx flare

Wow this is great, now i can have all my dash using easy way in very safety place. Thx. Who is the dev of this project ?

Need a tutorial/guide to use some of those tabs... ugh

This is really good, just wish there was a mobile wallet that let me spend from cold storage in the same way Mycelium does i.e. sending change back to the source.

Looks great. However I would advise against of use of paper wallets due to security reasons

What security reasons are you referring to? Maybe using a generator online is not the best idea, but I keep some bitcoins in an M of N paper wallet generated offline using the Armory wallet, which is one of the most secure ways to store coins, just not good for being able to use them quickly. I think the Dash wallet would do well to implement features from that wallet, particularly the offline signing/broadcast/multisig

This is not an online generator. You could just as well copy the html page and images and run it in on your disconnected computer. And if you fear the paper being stolen or seized you can just encrypt it with bip38.

Am I missing something? - I copy and paste the private key generated in the first tab "Single Wallet" to the last tab "Wallet Details"... and it says, "The text you entered is not a valid Private Key"

Am I missing something? - I copy and paste the private key generated in the first tab "Single Wallet" to the last tab "Wallet Details"... and it says, "The text you entered is not a valid Private Key"
No, that's a bug :)

edit: fixed it, should work now

Last edited by a moderator:
comment from FB
I'd suggest to remove the "brain wallet" option from the site. For obvious reasons...

pinging flare with a brazilian paper wallet idea
(the guy is looking for access at Github)
studioz has the details
8ajRPKT.jpg

ups
Edit
he just got it sorted, do not mind me
:rolleyes::wink:

No, that's a bug :)

edit: fixed it, should work now

Seems to work, though it doesn't seem to be generating compressed keys...

While I'm here, is there a way to locally generate a pubic vanity address without doing the Vanity Pool thing? It might be a little slow, but can this be done in javascript?

Seems to work, though it doesn't seem to be generating compressed keys...

While I'm here, is there a way to locally generate a pubic vanity address without doing the Vanity Pool thing? It might be a little slow, but can this be done in javascript?
As far as i know there is a vanitygen using your GPU. Javascript would be too slow i guess.

Back