• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Panama Papers

This is going to be big news for quite some months, if not years to come....

I wonder if anyone will actually go to jail though....

propably some small time fish has to pay (jail) for all the whales

I just hope this does not mess up our fiat gateways (Panama)

The biggest event due to this may have already happened. Icelands PM has had to stand down, a sizable chunk of the population is demanding an emergency election and if that happens it's very likely the Pirate Party will become the ruling party of Iceland. If that happens then Liquid Democracy will likely play a large part in the countries governance and that's a corporate lobbyists worst nightmare, even worse than a Communist Britain would be for the Queen and from there both the Pirate Party and Liquid Democracy are likely to get a hell of a lot more interest.

Imho there's a place for Dash in all that, Liquid Democracy had plenty of growing pains Dash could learn from and Dash's model could be an ideal foundation for a national digital currency that fits in with Liquid Democracy.

I did read somewhere that Hilary Clinton maybe indirectly involved - kinda like Putin. Then of course you have Bernie Sanders own words back in 2011 in opposition. I really hope they find something on Clinton, even tho I want Bernie to win out-right :-D

I do wonder how far the rabbit-hole goes...

I did read somewhere that Hilary Clinton maybe indirectly involved - kinda like Putin. Then of course you have Bernie Sanders own words back in 2011 in opposition. I really hope they find something on Clinton, even tho I want Bernie to win out-right :-D

I do wonder how far the rabbit-hole goes...

the question is who is actually mentioned in the papers
the leak did not go to wikileaks so the files are sitting with suedeutsche Zeitung (odd choice for such a leak) and who knows what they will reveal or not

wish I could search the docs myself

Back