• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

P2P Exchange - Scala developers needed to help with code review and estimates

What was crappy?
Performance?
Number of users?
Crashes?
Interface?

Slow, unresponsive, interface was sub-par to say the least, no crashes my side, and I suspect very low numbers of users also helped the negative experience (though I have no actual numbers, just speculating) ... trading graphics very sucky.

All in all, I didnt mind the interface, it's not priority, like our own QT... but the experience was slow and buggy

Slow, unresponsive, interface was sub-par to say the least, no crashes my side, and I suspect very low numbers of users also helped the negative experience (though I have no actual numbers, just speculating) ... trading graphics very sucky.

All in all, I didnt mind the interface, it's not priority, like our own QT... but the experience was slow and buggy
Super excited about this, it will look great from a marketing perspective too, "Dash makes a decentralized exchange work" using a program that failed under Bitcoin. I will strongly support any proposal to get this done. Good luck to you kot and all involved.

I have asked Evan about the opinion and possibility to work on the solution proposed by TanteStefana .
He thinks the direction is good but he would rather introduce this as a separate type of masternode for it (so it needs additional efforts after Evolution is done).
We are definitely going in this direction, but I'm afraid, anything we do presently would have to be rewritten (probably).
As Evan gets closer to the design of that component I would know more and share further updates.

Thanks oaxaca for showing me this post. I asked a similar question on BTC talk about Coinffiene.

Check out B&C Exchange. They have plans to accept Dash. They may have a usable release out by AE 1 (Anno Evolution = in the year of Evolution). :smile:
www.bcexchange.org

If we do a Dash organized exchange, we should require every coin exchange to be exchanged to and from Dash. This would make Dash the 'reserve currency'.

Anything we do with Fiat should be totally decentralized. So fiat transfers go from user1 bank account directly to user2 bank account - no dash owned bank accounts. Or maybe users need to preload a debit card and use that to transfer between users. Another option is to use paypal/okpay/dwolla but I think that is just asking for problems and KYC paperwork.

Back