• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

One thing i don't understand

Tor Jakobsen

So there is this mining calculator from coinwarz.
It says that with 300 mh/s i have a chance of finding 1 block of dash every 22 days when mining solo. I don't know how many dash there is in 1 block, i read that it was dynamic. But let's just say there is 1 dash per block, that would still make me earn 124 dollars every 22 days. I think that is alot, considering there probably is more than 1 dash per block (isn't there like 7?).
So what is the point of pool mining? It seems like you would make a lot more money solo mining.

When you mining in pool all blocks reward will divide to all miners. With 300 Mhash/sec you will take about 1.43 Dash per month. Coinwarz calc shows a profit of pool mining.
With solo mining you will generate a block in ~ (net hashrate) / (your hashrate) * (block time) / 86400(sec in day) DAYS
6000000MHash/sec / 300MHash/sec * 150sec * 86400 = 34DAYS

Mining reward per block 1.8 dash. And monthly profit at 1.8/34*30=1.59DASH.

But solo mining it's a big lottery. You can find some blocks in month or didn't find anything for years.

When you mining in pool all blocks reward will divide to all miners. With 300 Mhash/sec you will take about 1.43 Dash per month. Coinwarz calc shows a profit of pool mining.
With solo mining you will generate a block in ~ (net hashrate) / (your hashrate) * (block time) / 86400(sec in day) DAYS
6000000MHash/sec / 300MHash/sec * 150sec * 86400 = 34DAYS

Mining reward per block 1.8 dash. And monthly profit at 1.8/34*30=1.59DASH.

But solo mining it's a big lottery. You can find some blocks in month or didn't find anything for years.

Hah. Thank you. You just taught me a lot more than necessary, good answer.

Back