• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

OK, help me feel better PLEASE

I think you guys are missing the point here, this would be used at say dinner with friends, not a "facebook" where people are listed and can look one another up...... atleast thats my understanding of it.

Think of it like a phonebook of your friends wallet ID's and maybe some of the stores you visit. This would work best paired with NFC technology or card readers.

It'll be an interesting next couple of months for sure.

most people who have something to hide don't login a "yahoo email" from their clearnet ip lol but I know there are a lot of uneducated whom it would be in our best interest to be the solution they can use without having to be a pro at ipsec, cyber security and/or cookies/malware web tracking etc

for instance i would imagine there is a portion of dash userbase that uses dash for features that are actually possible with bitcoin (coinjoin, instant/off blockchain confirmations etc) but not as user friendly or implemented at a protocol level.

My understanding is, the Evolution thing is not required, it's simply an official version of a wallet sitting on top of the new DAPI + messaging system. People can, therefore, use the current wallet or Evo at the same time; one for ultimate privacy and the other for day-to-day activities. More so, AFAIK the system is advanced enough that third party developers can come along and create easily their own wallet system that behaves completely differently, for example, with SMS authentication. I can even imagine people running bitcoin or visa transaction over this.

If I'm correct, then I think work will need to be done to explain this more.

I think it would be best for Evolution to use its own decentralized email system. Something like tor mail perhaps. It's not ok to use externally hosted emails.

I found it funny that Evan used the Russian Yandex email in his presentation. Using Russian won't save you if you live in Russia and if russian regulators want to nail you. I guess it does make sense to use emails hosted in countries where some authorities can't reach but ideally you'd want a decentralized email system.

If not just remove the email requirement or make it optional or something.

We can't try to do to much at once though, it will cause the other parts of the project to suffer from a quality perspective. One thing at a time.

There is two threads with exact same responses and OP post. Can a forum moderator easily merge the two? It's really annoying. Not sure why people didn't just let one of the threads die instead of responding to both.

There is two threads with exact same responses and OP post. Can a forum moderator easily merge the two? It's really annoying. Not sure why people didn't just let one of the threads die instead of responding to both.
I already posted to request that very thing the second it happened. The reason for the threads continuing is because of the wonky notification system. Why aren't there moderators here?

I already posted to request that very thing the second it happened. The reason for the threads continuing is because of the wonky notification system. Why aren't there moderators here?

I saw you did that. No clue where mods are but they seem very reluctant to accept any help when it's very obvious they could use it. I've seen Chinese spam post sit in general thread for hours.

merged, sorry for late response :oops:

Thank you. I feel as though this type of task is beneath you. I heard somewhere that "official" forums are in the works, if not you guys might think about adding a couple people as mods for these ones. I know it's been discussed before but the forums are growing.

Thank you. I feel as though this type of task is beneath you. I heard somewhere that "official" forums are in the works, if not you guys might think about adding a couple people as mods for these ones. I know it's been discussed before but the forums are growing.
Totally agreed.

Will the official forums let me sign in using evolution and also let me "like" with a tip?

Will the official forums let me sign in using evolution and also let me "like" with a tip?

I have no idea if my comment holds any weight in regards to "official" forums. I think if some officiall evolution forum did exist tips could be easily integrated. That's just a baseless opinion of mine though so don't quote me.

Jeztah sorry for taking your thread off topic, we can steer it back in that direction if you please.

That's not an answer. You do need an email address to sign up in evolution. Why? What's the problem with standalone aliases?

I'm not sure, I was just trying to remind everyone these are extra features, not mandatory ones.

We'd have to inquire the devs for these types of answers though.

That's not an answer. You do need an email address to sign up in evolution. Why? What's the problem with standalone aliases?

I would really like to hear the logic about the email addresses. I guess there is one and I have few ideas about what that logic might be but I'd like to hear it straight from the horse's mouth so to speak.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would really like to hear the logic about the email addresses. I guess there is one and I have few ideas about what that logic might be but I'd like to hear it straight from the horses's mouth so to speak.

On the Evolution side, the main purpose of the email is to prevent abuse of the account system and give users the ability to prove they own the account. If there is no confirm method, it's easy to spam the system with new accounts and we get the option of being able to send notifications to the user, being able to pay to an email, retrieve your account by proving you own the email, etc.

Back