• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Official-looking email scam, beware

wmr1988 Your email is actually on a word list.

Wuh wats a word list. Anyway its not a really convincing scam, the dropbox thing kinda gave it away. I do wonder though if its a program that can gain access to your wallet or something.

Should it be reported gor a trojan?

Wuh wats a word list. Anyway its not a really convincing scam, the dropbox thing kinda gave it away. I do wonder though if its a program that can gain access to your wallet or something.

Should it be reported gor a trojan?

Type in your email account in google. Fifth link down.

I received one of these emails also. I thought it was odd as I have never been notified by email of an update before. Fortunately I didn't trust the link and came here directly to obtain the download.

I received one of these emails also. I thought it was odd as I have never been notified by email of an update before. Fortunately I didn't trust the link and came here directly to obtain the download.

This site will never send you an email notice for a wallet update. It only sends emails for account creation, PM's, and watched threads. Also, once again, always check to see if the message was signed. If not, it was forged.

It seems that anyone who used the same username with an email account was likely targeted.

I received similar email too recently. when i clicked the link, my antivirus suddenly made a "pig sound" lol.
Good thing, my Kaspersky catch it. Poor scammer.

I've never received any such email, but my current address is limited with regards to which crypto sites it's on.

It may be worth using a service that relays emails so you can figure out which given address is being hijacked or if someone is selling your address
Alternatively, gmail + many other services support the use of the "+" symbol to give away custom emails on the fly.

For example, if my email is [email protected], I could use the following as my email address without creating n entirely new email and it'll all come back to me:
[email protected]
[email protected]

Some scammers are smart enough to strip that, but not always.

Back