• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Novice - can anyone help?

profispojka

Hi, I am new to the dash. I've been trying 2 days to buy or mine some, but I was not successful. Can anyone help me with it or trade some dash for bitcoin?

If there is anyone, I will write further details of what didn't work etc.

Thanks for answer.

A very warm welcome to you! You chose an cryptocoin with a great formula.

I cannot comment on mining (haven't played that game in years), I can however, based on personal experience, recommend Bittrex and Poloniex. I convert my cash on localbitcoins.com and then transfer it to Bittrex or Poloniex, and from there withdraw to my local dash wallet. Don't keep money on exchanges.

You can see a list of all dash exchanges (and their volume) here http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/dash/#markets

Edit: Both me and pilie posted at the same time.

Thanks for fast answers. I have already tried both bittrex and poloniex. I have tried to exchange small amounts - 0.001btc. But wasn't successful - it took too long to make the exchange so I canceled it. Maybe I am missing something. Shapeshift looks awesome and easy and I was able to exchange with it. You think it is cool to use it in long term?

PS: I heard what happened with Cryptsy, thx

Thanks for fast answers. I have already tried both bittrex and poloniex. I have tried to exchange small amounts - 0.001btc. But wasn't successful - it took too long to make the exchange so I canceled it. Maybe I am missing something. Shapeshift looks awesome and easy and I was able to exchange with it. You think it is cool to use it in long term?

PS: I heard what happened with Cryptsy, thx

At Node40, we have integrated with the ShapeShift.io API. We have a special relationship with ShapeShift where they allow our users to exchange for larger amounts of Dash than you can typically get through their main site. For example, you can instantly get 1,000 Dash in exchange for btc.

To try it out, simply sign up for a free account with Node40 and go to the Get Dash section.

Note that Node40 does not exchange the Dash. This is a custom API integration with ShapeShift so we never touch your funds.

Last edited by a moderator:
As others have said, you can use ShapeShift but they have small limits and their spreads can be pretty bad. ShapeShift may also randomly ask you for id after you've made a deposit. I use SS reluctantly and I really wish they had more competition for what they do. You might want to try coinomat.com but their limits might also be small. Finally, some localbitcoin users will also sell you dash directly and that might be the cheapest option.

Well I tried coinomat but the transaction, I don't know why, didn't happen right. I sent them 0.01btc and after a while they changed status of order to "not enough funds". I didn't get bitcoin back and didn't get dash. So I propably wont use them again :D

Back