• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Not showing balance after import private key of paper wallet

bzrk

dear community,

I have imported a private key (of my paper wallet) to my QT wallet and whenever i go to my receive addressess i see it is available. However i do not see my balance has been updated. So i tried to send almost al the amount (taking transaction fees into account) to one of my other receive addresses, but it says i do not have enough amount.

Anybody has any idea what i am doubg wrong?

rescan true should.

do rescan using QT : Tools --> Wallet repair --> Rescan blockchain files.

importprivkey "dashprivkey" ( "label" rescan )

Adds a private key (as returned by dumpprivkey) to your wallet.

Arguments:

1. "dashprivkey" (string, required) The private key (see dumpprivkey)

2. "label" (string, optional, default="") An optional label

3. rescan (boolean, optional, default=true) Rescan the wallet for transactions

Note: This call can take minutes to complete if rescan is true.

Examples:

Dump a private key

> dash-cli dumpprivkey "myaddress"

Import the private key with rescan

> dash-cli importprivkey "mykey"

Import using a label and without rescan

> dash-cli importprivkey "mykey" "testing" false

As a JSON-RPC call

> curl --user myusername --data-binary '{"jsonrpc": "1.0", "id":"curltest", "method": "importprivkey", "params": ["mykey", "testing", false] }' -H 'content-type: text/plain;' http://127.0.0.1:9998/

to Balych I'd tried that and I see my Dash located on that address so that is all good, thanks for the suggestion though!
to chaeplin, tried the first option you suggested (Tools --> Wallet repar) and it did the trick! Thank you very much. I thought I lost 5K here :). Thank God.

to Balych I'd tried that and I see my Dash located on that address so that is all good, thanks for the suggestion though!
to chaeplin, tried the first option you suggested (Tools --> Wallet repar) and it did the trick! Thank you very much. I thought I lost 5K here :). Thank God.

Please do a backup of the wallet.dat file multiple times and store it in different places !!

Back