• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Noobs question of dif. from p2pool to pool

Tesquenure

Hi all,
Sorry if this question already be answer.

I try to mine on different pool and p2pool.
On all Mpos pool i have from 0.03 % to 0.00% of R:
On all p2pool i test, some with very great ping, i have 1,9% to 6% of R:

All Mpos are very long way from me with a minimum of 300 ms of ping
The best p2poll just have 56 ms of ping.

Does some one can explaine it to me please.

DO they have a way to tweak my different network conf for p2pool ?

why i have more DOA on p2pools neer to me than from MPOS pool who are long way from me.

Last edited by a moderator:
You have more DOA because of the way p2pool works.

Basically, p2pool creates an alternate blockchain that finds blocks much faster than the REAL blockchain, and then it compares the "fake" chain with the real chain to try to actually mine the block.

You get more DOA because the p2pool blockchain moves faster and therefore yyou get both more stales and more rejects. 1-5% is totally normal, and it doesn't hurt your hash rate because everyone else on p2pool is getting the same thing.

If you go to a pool homepage ( for example http://darkcoin.kicks-ass.net:7903 ) you will see

ow6Mqgd.png

The green arrows are the node's total hash rate and DOA, and the blue arrows are the p2pool as a whole. you can see that the node has between 1 and 5% rejects, and the pool itself has much higher.

On thing I find interesting is that CPU miners have very low rejects, whereas GPU miners tend to have more.

Back