• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Node40 just launched a new site, check it out

Node40 has just released their brand new website.
It looks great IMO, and there are more upgrades to come in the near future.
See below what Perry (@orangecycle) had to say about the new site.
I also had a chance to test setting up a masternode there: it's supereasy and took only a few minutes. No technical skills required!

;):D:cool:

https://node40.com/2016/05/12/new-website.html

https://node40.com

BnldJUA.png

Last edited:
Dash price is wrong. It used DASH/XMR price in USD.

But most traded pair is DASH/BTC on poloniex.

Fix this as XMR pair is many times less liquid than DASH/BTC on polo.

Last edited:
Dash price is wrong. It used DASH/XMR price in USD.

But most traded pair is DASH/BTC on poloniex.

Fix this as XMR pair is many times less liquid than DASH/BTC on polo.

The price of Dash displayed on the site is not a live stream.The price is a snapshot that is updated every 15 minutes. The price is derived by aggregating the DASH/BTC price from multiple exchanges.

I'm assuming you were confused by the label Current Dash Price. I have changed the label to Dash Price Snapshot

Last edited:
Node 40 is so expensive though! Site looks good.

Maybe depending on the Dash market value (which fluctuates).
I'd be happy to pay the the 3.25 Dash a month for the services they offer, they aren’t just a node hosting company. They are the only company offering detailed online monitoring, voting, upgrades and more to come...
+ it takes literally minutes to get yourself up and running. For non technical people Node40 is the way to go in my opinion.

That's hilarious! They take 35% of monthly earnings and you're recommending them? lol

Node40 is a fabulous service with top notch professionals behind it.

As the very first Masternode setup provider, I am now a customer myself and I don't think twice about it. Even at current prices. In the future I'm sure they'd want to adapt.

For people with multiple nodes their service is a no brainer. The peace of mind of not having to daily check on nodes is priceless. One bad timed downtime and you may loose way more than 35%. I just don't have the time or the patience anymore for it. I'm not from the IT field, so between my job and personal life and other Dash activities, this service is a blessing for me.

And it's not 35%... it a fixed price, payed in Dash, to cover their operational expenses. The company is very young, and for the serious investor, the best is yet to come.

Im with @yidakee, its a great service. I agree they should probably adjust their pricing, but peace of mind is paramount.

Pablo.

If you're lucky enough to have so many nodes that you can't keep track, then sure, I guess it's good for whales. And yes, it's 35% right now. 2 DASH every 6 days is 10 per month and I know it fluctuates, but not by much anymore. Just pointing out that there's cheaper services priced in dollars. Good day all!

If you're lucky enough to have so many nodes that you can't keep track, then sure, I guess it's good for whales. And yes, it's 35% right now. 2 DASH every 6 days is 10 per month and I know it fluctuates, but not by much anymore. Just pointing out that there's cheaper services priced in dollars. Good day all!

If you launch an Amazon EC2 instance, it's pretty much rock solid. About the same price as Node40 right now. Any other, similar price, DO, Vult etc are good but can be quirky. Go low end box, about half the price, and you need to be on it like a hawk. Go really low spec for great savings and you're probably going to loose money long term, and hair. Not to speak that the lower you go the more technical you've got to get to make it work properly.

Node40 is for people who either know nothing about VPS's, or simply just want to press a button and in less that 5 minutes have a Masternode up and running without issues, and forget about it. Not to mention painless voting. All 100% trustless.

That's hilarious! They take 35% of monthly earnings and you're recommending them? lol
Any masternode hosting service is simply another chance for non-tech people to invest in Dash. As long as it's profitable for both parties - why not?
Also it's just a matter of choice - you can drive a car yourself or you can take a bus. Driving a car you can go pretty much anywhere, but if you take a bus you can relax or even sleep while you are still moving towards you destination. Same for masternode hosting: you can setup vps yourself the way you want and host another services there if you need some or you can use masternode hosting service and forget about installation/monitoring/updates/etc.

If you don't like what they charge then do better. Do they even have any (serious) competition?

I would have started my first MN with Node40 quite recently but I didn't realise that I'd be required to keep my private key on an internet connected computer. Hopefully the next iteration of Electrum-Dash will give me a way around that issue.

If you don't like what they charge then do better. Do they even have any (serious) competition?

I would have started my first MN with Node40 quite recently but I didn't realise that I'd be required to keep my private key on an internet connected computer. Hopefully the next iteration of Electrum-Dash will give me a way around that issue.

You don't have to keep it online, just to activate the node or vote, after you can safely keep the wallet offline.

In 12.1 you'll be able to start masternodes with a message signed on an offline machine.

Back