• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Node incentives?

Kanuuker

I'm brand new to Dash so forgive me if my question is baseless, but are there any incentives for being a regular node? If not, wouldn't that make sense? I would love to run a regular node with no voting rights rights if I could earn even just a little.

Thanks,

Then someone can run hundreds of corrupt node just to mess with the system. By requiring a barrier to entry it makes sure the person has an invested stake in Dash. Though I think considering the price hike it should be lowered to like 500 Dash or somthing

Then someone can run hundreds of corrupt node just to mess with the system. By requiring a barrier to entry it makes sure the person has an invested stake in Dash. Though I think considering the price hike it should be lowered to like 500 Dash or somthing

Sorry, I'm not talking about masternodes, I'm talking about just regular nodes. What incentive is there to host the full blockchain, etc? From what I understand, bitcoin is suffering from a dropping of node participation.

Sorry, I'm not talking about masternodes, I'm talking about just regular nodes. What incentive is there to host the full blockchain, etc? From what I understand, bitcoin is suffering from a dropping of node participation.

Currently there isn't really any incentive to run a regular full node, unless you need one for a business reason.
Bitcoin is suffering from dropping of node participation, but that will not be a problem in Dash because all masternodes are full nodes, so there are always going to be enough full nodes. Additionally, going forward as the network scales and Evolution is released, there really won't be much of a need to have regular, non-MN full nodes anyway. If the blockchain grows to hundreds of gigabytes, users and businesses shouldn't be expected to keep up with that like they have to in Bitcoin. Instead they will be able to access the blockchain served via the DAPI on the masternode network

Currently there isn't really any incentive to run a regular full node, unless you need one for a business reason.
Bitcoin is suffering from dropping of node participation, but that will not be a problem in Dash because all masternodes are full nodes, so there are always going to be enough full nodes. Additionally, going forward as the network scales and Evolution is released, there really won't be much of a need to have regular, non-MN full nodes anyway. If the blockchain grows to hundreds of gigabytes, users and businesses shouldn't be expected to keep up with that like they have to in Bitcoin. Instead they will be able to access the blockchain served via the DAPI on the masternode network

Thanks!

Back