• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

(No DASH) Bitfinex: Hot Wallet Might Have Been Compromised

The Chinese are ether stuck on Bter
Or are on all the same exchanges as everybody else

Bitfinex has nothing to do with china as far as I am aware of

Maybe I'm just a cynical fecker but I've my doubts they ever existed in the first place, good riddance to yet another IOU trading platform. Things turned mighty unusual with bitcoin trading about the time bitfinex showed up and their swap charts have a frequently have thousands of coins appearing with no corresponding movement on the days destroyed charts. Shame about all the poor feckers that will get burned if they do go but if they've learned nothing from the constant warnings and the glaring example of gox, well, a fool and their money are easily parted. If they never had coins on the blockchain then they never had coins to loose.

looks like Bitfinex got their hot wallet hacked for some 1500 BTC which they intend to fully imburse
Although this incident is unfortunate, its scale is small and will be fully absorbed by the company

4 hours ago Bitfinex posted in here : http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/36uxxz/bitfinex_has_been_hacked/
(the comments from zanetackett are from Bitfinex)

zanetackett :
Hey everyone,
The deposit addresses on the site have been updated and the incorrect addresses removed. We hope to have withdrawals reinstated a bit later today.
I hope to have more updates shortly and will be sure to keep everyone updated on any developments.
Bitfinex Update
We have updated all of the deposit addresses displayed on the site. However, we need to wait for our bitcoind to finish syncing before any of the new deposits arrive to your Bitfinex account. Once this sync has completed I'll place another update, however users should see any new deposits in their account.
I'll also be sure to keep everyone updated on the withdrawal status as well.
Withdrawal Update 17:11 UTC
The withdrawal system is being tested, some small ones have gone through and withdrawals should return to normal within the next hour or so. Thank you for your patience through all of this, I know it isn't ideal.

Ok, not sure btc but have tested Dash withdrawing and it all works fine, don't forget to generate a new address to deposit when you send it back in.
Btw,they have finally got round to rebranding renaming to Dash more or less :smile:

Just like I said over on BCT...if you're too lazy to change the ticker of one of your three traded currencies (Dash is still shown as "DRK") then you're probably lax in other important areas too, like security. Less than two weeks later, my prophecy came true.

what is happening to our door to China?
a lot of people are saying they are rekt...

Appologizes
I had no idea they are a Hong Kong exchanges :confused:
Strange as the Chinese never mentioned them to me and as far as I know they do not accept local RMB transfers (so no impact on the Chinese )

Back