• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

New User - Purchasing DASH w/wesellcrypto?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenn3d

Hi all,

I'm new to cryptocurrency altogether and have only BTC so far. I hesitate to convert my bitcoin but find very few ways to purchase DASH directly in the US. Has anyone here used wesellcrypto, or can you suggest other sources for acquiring DASH with USD?

Thanks,
Kenn

The easy way is to buy BTC and convert it through shapeshift. You could buy a little more btc and convert the new coin into DASH if you want to hold both coin.

使用Tapatalk 發送

The easy way is to buy BTC and convert it through shapeshift. You could buy a little more btc and convert the new coin into DASH if you want to hold both coin.

使用Tapatalk 發送
Ok. Ty Naruto. I may try shapeshifting from within a Jaxx wallet.

That's interesting. How much more do you end up paying for your crypto doing it that way?
I haven't done this yet, but buying BTC from the best-known US exchange costs about @1% over coindesk BPI, and then shapeshifting to DSH thru my Exodus wallet would add another @1.2% (this may vary IDK)

I heard back from wesellcrypto and their service charges 15% regardless of which currency is bought. Maybe ok for quickly adding some spending money to a wallet, but obviously not for investing.

Yah, it gets expensive with some services.
Seems so. I'm still investigating OTC person to person purchasing, and I'm open to any other suggestions for reliable direct sources to buy DASH with USD (especially via ACH bank transfer). My intent is to accumulate DASH as savings/investment until wider liquidity and usage is achieved.

Hey Ken, have been using Wesellcrypto to purchase DASH and it works great. I like that it's instant. They have limits, so you can only get what your limit is and that is usually between $150 & $400 dollars worth.
I hate using coinbase, waiting 8 or 9 days for the bitcoin to post and then having to use Poloniex to convert to DASH. With all of these options it's difficult to find the charges! I'm a newbie too so I'm still learning as well

Last edited:
Ken, how are you going to save your DASH or Bitcoins? Do you use a cold wallet like Trezor?

Hey Ken, have been using Wesellcrypto to purchase DASH and it works great. I like that it's instant. They have limits, so you can only get what your limit is and that is usually between $150 & $400 dollars worth.
I hate using coinbase, waiting 8 or 9 days for the bitcoin to post and then having to use Poloniex to convert to DASH. With all of these options it's difficult to find the charges! I'm a newbie too so I'm still learning as well

The problem I have been having
The bank transfer delays with coinbase are indeed frustrating. But my objective is investment, and paying 15% over market value is just too much for me.

If you divide your actual purchase price by the total units of whichever coin you buy that land in your wallet, you can compare that unit price to prevailing market price and see the charges or premiums you paid as the difference.

I am experimenting with various wallets... I like Jaxx and Exodus so far. Both of these allow exchanging (shapeshifting) BTC<>DSH<>ETH within the wallet.

hth

The bank transfer delays with coinbase are indeed frustrating. But my objective is investment, and paying 15% over market value is just too much for me.

If you divide your actual purchase price by the total units of whichever coin you buy that land in your wallet, you can compare that unit price to prevailing market price and see the charges or premiums you paid as the difference.

hth

Just after I wrote my reply to you, I started doing those calculations. Ouch! I did not realize that Wesellcrypto was charging me $2.30 per DASH coin! ( or 18.24% )

I might start looking into your suggestions of Jaxx and exodus. What have you found to be the best method to obtain DASH at the lowest charge?

Last edited:
Just after I wrote my reply to you, I started doing those calculations. Ouch! I did not realize that Wesellcrypto was charging me $2.30 per DASH coin! ( or 18.24% )

I might start looking into your suggestions of Jaxx and exodus. What have you found to be the best method to obtain DASH at the lowest charge?
Jaxx and Exodus are crypto wallets. Both utilize ShapeShift to convert various crypto-currencys. Neither allows purchasing any kind of crypto with USD, nor do they provide any linking to fiat banking services. The spread or cost to exchange cryptocoins varies with each pair type (this cost may fluctuate with markets also... IDK).
There are several other differences between these wallets. But both are well-reviewed and free downloads so you can try them out, or search youtube for demos/reviews.

I'm still searching for the best method to buy DASH. Indeed that is the very reason for this thread. So far, buying BTC at coinbase and converting seems the only reasonable way in the US.

hth

Last edited:
best way = Buy BTC 1st
and then convert on exchanges to Dash

Shapeshift is great but cost you good $ so ... i would not recommend !

Edit
how about
https://changelly.com
anybody tried that ? they do Dash as well and accept CC ?!

Last edited:
I just did a couple transactions converting bitcoin (from coinbase) to DASH using shapeshift. It worked great. I need to figure out the charges

I just did a couple transactions converting bitcoin (from coinbase) to DASH using shapeshift. It worked great. I need to figure out the charges

If you use precise option to convert your btc to DASH. The cost will be lower.

使用Tapatalk 發送

If you use precise option to convert your btc to DASH. The cost will be lower.
使用Tapatalk 發送

TY for that tip Naruto.
I rec'd an unexpected referral bonus (10USD in BTC) from coinbase this morning, (apparently for having followed a link to open my acct). So I converted this small amount using the exchange feature within my Exodus wallet. The fee was $0.07 (0.7%). There was no option for precision, so maybe that's only available on the ShapeShift site.
I think that small a difference +/- might occur just by virtue of variations in market value during the roughly 5 minutes it took to complete the exchange.

I strive to keep all my investment fees low, but find that to be acceptable. (And Exodus is a pleasure to use btw).

best way = Buy BTC 1st
and then convert on exchanges to Dash

Shapeshift is great but cost you good $ so ... i would not recommend !

Edit
how about
https://changelly.com
anybody tried that ? they do Dash as well and accept CC ?!

TY tungfa.
I just checked out changelly.com and it's a slick site (easy to use and good looking), but their fees are also in the 17-18% range for direct (CC/USD) purchase of BTC or DASH. So, much like wesellcrypto price-wise it seems.

TY tungfa.
I just checked out changelly.com and it's a slick site (easy to use and good looking), but their fees are also in the 17-18% range for direct (CC/USD) purchase of BTC or DASH. So, much like wesellcrypto price-wise it seems.

whow that is high
tx for checking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back