New tool to help you with translations

Status
Not open for further replies.

xsedivy

Mar 25, 2014
Hello there,

I'm translating Dash into Slovak at the moment and as I've previously translated BlackCoin and partially Bitcoin wallet it made me thinking about re-using previously transalted resources from other coins. It can of course speed-up translation process as well as make translation consistent between different coins.

So I decided to create a simple tool which will use transifex exports from other coins and re-use translations. You can find initial version here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/eafhrunw9p4drhq/AAD7Eb6BCPAGmgdiYz6A4MTra?dl=0

How it run the tool
- Download *.ts of other coins from Transifex using "Download for use" feature. Place these files into 01_Sources folder
- Download Dash *.ts file from Transifex using "Download for translation" feature. Place this files into 02_Targets folder
- Run CryptoLoc.exe
- Wait till you see message box with results
- Upload modified file from 02_Targets folder back to Transifex using "Upload file" feature

Note:
- you can recycle more languages at the same time. it automatically detects language codes and use correct translations
- it takes few minutes to complete one language, so do not kill the process if it seems doing nothing:)
- you can find back up and detailed log in 03_BackUp+Logs\{timestamp} folder

This is just an initial version, but it worked properly on my end. Any feedback welcome:)

cheers
xsedivy

Last edited by a moderator:

xsedivy

Mar 25, 2014
Just a note. After you download the tool, you can test it right away, as I also uploaded some sample Slovak files.

xsedivy

Mar 25, 2014
Hi folks, I've used my tool to recycle translations for Czech and Chinese Simplified. I was able to recycle 188 Czech and 191 Chinese strings, but someone with write right has to upload it back to Transifex. It's not that many, but if for free:). I've upload files here (output logs are there as well):
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/60eqh1dovacwptu/AABgAAPV2SXCpSzCh6qnjQssa?dl=0
If you prefer some other location, please let me know. I can also do other languages, just let me know...
cheers, xsedivy

Status
Not open for further replies.