• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

New to DRK and new to mining, help please.....

DarkMoney

I have been sitting on the sideline because I knew that I missed the boat on bitcoin. A friend of mine recently told me about darkcoin and I was intrigued. Everything about it seems like it is the next great thing in cryptocurrency. True anonymity, less power to mine were the main reasons. I hope that I'm not too late to start mining, but I don't even know where to start to get a rig up and running. Have looked around and I know I could just use the specs from some of the builds available on ebay, but I don't have too much money to dump and will be starting this as more of a hobby project. I have an older server with a quad xeon and 16 gigs of ram. What would be a good and cheap card to go pick up at best buy to get started with this? I know it has to be AMD, just looking for opinions.
Thanks for the help.

LOL> Yeah? Which ones do you recommend? The one that doesnt work with ccminer or the one that is horribly optimized and not worth a damn?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back