• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

New Simplified Proposal Submission Process - Steps reduced to 1 single payment, 20% auto-subsidy

abob54

Hi Everyone,

We just finished a new site feature at DashTreasury.org which vastly simplifies the proposal submission process. For anyone that has tried to submit a proposal before at DashCentral, it's a very clunky involved technical process. (We hope they follow our lead and improve things.)

Not clunky anymore, ready to use now - Submit Dash Treasury Proposal:

Steps:
1) Create Proposal
2) Submit with 4 Dash payment on the site (1 Dash auto-subsidized by DashTreasury.org)
3) Wait 9 blocks and everything is posted without anything else to do!

We believe that the complexity of the proposal submission process (in addition to the massive 5 Dash fee), is the reason why so few independent proposals make it onto the board. That's why we invested the resources to build this improvement and donate it to the community without asking for funding.

Thanks.

(Proposal owners can also begin as "pre-proposals" and upgrade to official proposals when they're ready with a single click.)

Also, can you tell us about how the system was developed and a how it works? Since you are not generating scripts to be used on our own wallet, are you submitting the proposal on our behalf? I'm not totally familiar with exactly how the Dash proposal system works behind the scenes, so it would be educational for you to tell us how your system works with the Dash system, and perhaps comparing with how Dash Central operates.

Are you in any way acting as escrow between the proposal owner and the Dash payouts?

My first thought is that now I see proposal without an author on DC, this isnt good for the discussion and disclosure of the proposal not to mention that now the proposal needs to be discussed in two different sites. This makes it harder for the proponent to communicate with the possible reviewers.

Can you point us to some proposals that have been submitted through your system?

Hi Jim -

Here is the current list of pre-proposals that have been submitted on DashTreasury.org: https://www.dashtreasury.org/pre-proposals.html

Here are the official proposals that have so far been submitted through DashTreasury.org:

https://www.dashtreasury.org/p-2010.prop (Chief Marketing Officer Recruitment)
https://www.dashtreasury.org/p-1236.prop (Proposal Reimbursements)
https://www.dashtreasury.org/p-1154.prop (Awesome Song for Dash)
https://www.dashtreasury.org/p-544.prop (DashTreasury.org - Taking Dash to #1)
https://www.dashtreasury.org/p-460.prop (Dash Bus Tour)

Note that all five of these official proposals started on the site as pre-proposals and were upgraded to official.

I'll see if I can get /u/abob54 to answer technical questions about how it works.

My first thought is that now I see proposal without an author on DC, this isnt good for the discussion and disclosure of the proposal not to mention that now the proposal needs to be discussed in two different sites. This makes it harder for the proponent to communicate with the possible reviewers.

Hi jza, agreed that it's a hassle to check multiple sites, but there is some lowered risk in having more than one site doing the same thing, in terms of decentralization. Competition is also a good thing, since a new feature on one site like ours (or on DashCentral), may lead to improvements on the other. For example, there is currently more robust discussion on DashCentral (and better communication features), but DashCentral does not have an official pre-proposal process like DashTreasury.org, nor do they offer simple proposal submission or subsidies.

We expect that the types of conversations may end up being different on both sites.

In terms of having multiple sites like Fundchan, DashTreasury.org, DashCentral, I think there is also some incubator benefits to having not just one. As pre-proposals get submitted, the users and managers of each site present a higher level of oversight and direction to each proposal. For example, DashTreasury.org helped push through some proposals it believed in (requiring work upfront in all cases), FundChan pushed through some that it helped out with and believed in, as well.

Here are steps 1, 2, 3: (note that the 1 Dash subsidy is automatic, but to adjust it up to 4.9 Dash, we must manually change it while the proposal is still in pre-proposal form.)

Step 1:

upload_2017-6-20_17-46-19.png

Step 2:

upload_2017-6-20_17-46-58.png

Step 3:

upload_2017-6-20_17-48-49.png

In terms of having multiple sites like Fundchan, DashTreasury.org, DashCentral, I think there is also some incubator benefits to having not just one. As pre-proposals get submitted, the users and managers of each site present a higher level of oversight and direction to each proposal. For example, DashTreasury.org helped push through some proposals it believed in (requiring work upfront in all cases), FundChan pushed through some that it helped out with and believed in, as well.
I also think these sites are a great start to problem solving and creating solutions on how the process should work. I hope with all parties creating great ideas and concepts, we will continue to perfect the proposal process.

Personally I hope for an in wallet proposal system to be implemented. It can't be shut down like websites and is a good central secure location for voters to look and for proposal owners to submit a proposal. Because all of its implementations come from the wallet. But websites will be around for subsidation of proposals I believe and for voters to get an opinionated side of proposals going through the system.

This is very much needed though abob, I personally double spent in the proposal process and it took me maybe 2-3 days to figure out I had to cut out the last few letters of the code I was given for it to work. No videos on how to submit a proposal on the internet or anything and had no real help. It was really sad haha but definitely something I wish I had.

Hi Everyone,

We just finished a new site feature at DashTreasury.org which vastly simplifies the proposal submission process. For anyone that has tried to submit a proposal before at DashCentral, it's a very clunky involved technical process. (We hope they follow our lead and improve things.)

Not clunky anymore, ready to use now - Submit Dash Treasury Proposal:

Steps:
1) Create Proposal
2) Submit with 4 Dash payment on the site (1 Dash auto-subsidized by DashTreasury.org)
3) Wait 9 blocks and everything is posted without anything else to do!

We believe that the complexity of the proposal submission process (in addition to the massive 5 Dash fee), is the reason why so few independent proposals make it onto the board. That's why we invested the resources to build this improvement and donate it to the community without asking for funding.

Thanks.

(Proposal owners can also begin as "pre-proposals" and upgrade to official proposals when they're ready with a single click.)

me again
(sorry guys)
is there a safety (escrow / multisig) in place to secure these funds (4 out of 5 for proposals ) ?
i am NOT saying there is any malicious plan but .....

if i put on my malicious hat- i could come up with :
wait until this really takes off
have hundreds of proposals going (times 4 Dash)
wait for a big month
run with the funds ! :rolleyes:
know what i mean
tx

It is a great system, very easy, I just submitted a pre-proposal over there and got a yes Vote, this did encorage me to keep going and to know that I am on the right track, adding more layers, forms, websites, approval committies will just slow down the process and it might push people and great ideas away.

me again
(sorry guys)
is there a safety (escrow / multisig) in place to secure these funds (4 out of 5 for proposals ) ?
i am NOT saying there is any malicious plan but .....

if i put on my malicious hat- i could come up with :
wait until this really takes off
have hundreds of proposals going (times 4 Dash)
wait for a big month
run with the funds ! :rolleyes:
know what i mean
tx
Bigger worries with trust less masternode shares that is being not only used but promoted as an option for Dash users.

How can DashTreasury afford to subsidize $200 for every budget proposal? How can this subsidy work at scale? What does DashTreasury get out of the process? How do you avoid sybil attacks?

Are you giving $200 in subsidies to everybody who submits any proposal, at any scale, automatically, simply due to altruism? What's the catch?

How can DashTreasury afford to subsidize $200 for every budget proposal? How can this subsidy work at scale? What does DashTreasury get out of the process? How do you avoid sybil attacks?

Are you giving $200 in subsidies to everybody who submits any proposal, at any scale, automatically, simply due to altruism? What's the catch?
It's not altruism, it's capitalism. We're Dash investors and want Dash to be stronger so we become wealthier.

Dash's governance and its deployment of funds is something we have viewed as a major untapped piece of potential that Dash has not yet benefited from fully. Yes, it is functioning to some degree, but there's much wonderful room for improvement. @rango has provided a great prototype governance platform with DashCentral, but once we saw that site fail to continuously improve, we felt that we could chip in and move things along. Hopefully other future Dash governance sites grabbing their data directly from the blockchain will copy our improvements and run the ball even further down field.

I have backed DashTreasury.org personally with resources I've designated towards protecting our Dash investment. Our hope is that DashTreasury.org can attract and provide oversight to a higher volume of better quality proposals. It has already lowered the bar in terms of eliminating technical expertise needed to post a proposal, and reduced price to a small degree (20% subsidy up to 98% for really good proposals who have gone through the pre-proposal process).

Can you explain how a Sybil attack would work in this situation?

It's not altruism, it's capitalism. We're Dash investors and want Dash to be stronger so we become wealthier.

Dash's governance and its deployment of funds is something we have viewed as a major untapped piece of potential that Dash has not yet benefited from fully. Yes, it is functioning to some degree, but there's much wonderful room for improvement. @rango has provided a great prototype governance platform with DashCentral, but once we saw that site fail to continuously improve, we felt that we could chip in and move things along. Hopefully other future Dash governance sites grabbing their data directly from the blockchain will copy our improvements and run the ball even further down field.

I have backed DashTreasury.org personally with resources I've designated towards protecting our Dash investment. Our hope is that DashTreasury.org can attract and provide oversight to a higher volume of better quality proposals. It has already lowered the bar in terms of eliminating technical expertise needed to post a proposal, and reduced price to a small degree (20% subsidy up to 98% for really good proposals who have gone through the pre-proposal process).

Can you explain how a Sybil attack would work in this situation?

In that case--awesome!

On further thought, a Sybil attack wouldn't work because the proposer is paying 4 DASH to you before you pay the 5 DASH to the network. My bad...disregard.

Back