• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Network Monitoring Continues -- Important Sentinel Update Forthcoming | DASH: Detailed

WTF, not only must we be happy with payment enforcement being off, we should now be glad that bugs are appearing after testing so that enforcement can remain off.

Thank you for this video update Amanda. I'm looking forward to the new Sentinel update, so we can squash that bug and move forward again.

@qwizzie is also happy if more miners choose not to pay him because in the long term it's good that MNs produce bugs in their "stable" upgrade. @qwizzie appreciates that MNs are continuing the testing phase, it reasures him the security is top notch. Long live payment enforcement being switched off!

Congratz GrandMasterDash, you are the very first person that i put on ignore in this dash.org/forum. Not just for your endless negativity and not just for your many trolling posts
but mainly because reading your posts seems like a big waste of my time. Time i feel could be better spend on other things.

First ever bugs-free software in the world was not our goal. The "good enough and no known bugs" was. Testnet was running fine but mainnet is another beast - it's 40x times larger and it turned out that some things were not robust enough.

As for enf: the choice is a) some MNs have longer period of payouts b) network forks unexpectedly. What's the point of using sporks if you would achieve the same result (fork)? We prefer to fix all discovered issues, let network stabilize and then enforce the rules. Thanks to miners (who understand that long-term profit is much more important than a sort-term one) 95% of MNs are being paid correctly.

First ever bugs-free software in the world was not our goal. The "good enough and no known bugs" was. Testnet was running fine but mainnet is another beast - it's 40x times larger and it turned out that some things were not robust enough.

As for enf: the choice is a) some MNs have longer period of payouts b) network forks unexpectedly. What's the point of using sporks if you would achieve the same result (fork)? We prefer to fix all discovered issues, let network stabilize and then enforce the rules. Thanks to miners (who understand that long-term profit is much more important than a sort-term one) 95% of MNs are being paid correctly.

"95% of MNs are being paid correctly" means 5% are not. And the keyword you used is "we" - clearly I'm not your "we". I think you meant to say "we, The New Geek Bankers"... a minority unwilling to hand over control to the majority... what with all those centralized sporks.

Unfortunately, I don't believe dash core will ever trust it's MNOs to anything significant, let alone it's end users.

... And the keyword you used is "we" - clearly I'm not your "we" ...
If you prefer unpredictable forking, then clearly you are not.

... I think you meant to say "we, The New Geek Bankers"... a minority unwilling to hand over control to the majority... what with all those centralized sporks ...
I think you are wrong. Having sporks control is indeed a point of centralization but it gives no direct control over miners or masternodes. If it would, we wouldn't ask and wait for them to upgrade. "unwilling", yeah, right... Implement decentralized version of spork if you think it's that easy and we'll merge it.

If you prefer unpredictable forking, then clearly you are not.

I think you are wrong. Having sporks control is indeed a point of centralization but it gives no direct control over miners or masternodes. If it would, we wouldn't ask and wait for them to upgrade. "unwilling", yeah, right... Implement decentralized version of spork if you think it's that easy and we'll merge it.

Sporks is not a bad idea.
The flaw with sporks is the way they are ignited.
The sporks should be ignited by the vote of the masternodes, and not by a single developer or by the core team.

Sporks is not a bad idea.
The flaw with sporks is the way they are ignited.
The sporks should be ignited by the vote of the masternodes, and not by a single developer or by the core team.

Precisely, I couldn't agree more.

Back