• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Need Help In Using the dstorms p2pool-drk

I'm assuming that the client was installed and is running.
./darkcoin/src/darkcoind (to start)
./darkcoin/src/darkcoind getinfo
if "getinfo" gives error than check your (client/wallet installation).

If all ok build the p2pool:
git clone https://bitbucket.org/dstorm/p2pool-drk.git
#install Python modules
git clone https://github.com/darkcoinproject/xcoin-hash.git
cd xcoin-hash
rm -rf build
python setup.py install
cd p2pool-drk/darkcoin-subsidy-python
python setup.py install

#Run p2pool
screen -d -m -S myp2pool ~/p2pool-drk/run_p2pool.py --address YOUR_WALLET --net darkcoin USER_NAME PASSWORD
(Add --fee 1 for 1% pool fee)

I'm assuming that the client was installed and is running.
./darkcoin/src/darkcoind (to start)
./darkcoin/src/darkcoind getinfo
if "getinfo" gives error than check your (client/wallet installation).

If all ok build the p2pool:
git clone https://bitbucket.org/dstorm/p2pool-drk.git
#install Python modules
git clone https://github.com/darkcoinproject/xcoin-hash.git
cd xcoin-hash
rm -rf build
python setup.py install
cd p2pool-drk/darkcoin-subsidy-python
python setup.py install

#Run p2pool
screen -d -m -S myp2pool ~/p2pool-drk/run_p2pool.py --address YOUR_WALLET --net darkcoin USER_NAME PASSWORD
(Add --fee 1 for 1% pool fee)
Thanks that helped. just wanted to ask one more thing. do i have to clone xcoin-hash.git inside the p2pool-drk directory or outside it? and what does the USER_NAME and PASSWORD mean here? is it the rpcusernme and the passord that i had put in my darkcoin.conf file or is it something else?

also wanted to know one more thing, that what will be the port on which i will mine? i had put rpcport=8998 , does the port depends on this? or as i have used dstorm p2pool, so i have to use 8998? should i be worried about using 8998 port?

also wanted to know one more thing, that what will be the port on which i will mine? i had put rpcport=8998 , does the port depends on this? or as i have used dstorm p2pool, so i have to use 8998? should i be worried about using 8998 port?
8998 is the RPC port for p2pool. Worker port is 7903.

8998 is the RPC port for p2pool. Worker port is 7903.
Hey
if you read dstorm p2pool-drk readme.md file, there it says that now we have to use the port 8998 to mine, and in the sticky thread of the mining section, chaplien is also saying to change the port from 7903 to 8998. you are confusing me now. what do i do? and can someone read the 2nd reply to this thread and answer it?

Slim, you can set the ports to whatever you want. Originally Dstorm was going to migrate the worker port to 8998 but decided to keep the worker port as 7903. So a fresh git clone will use 7903.

Slim, you can set the ports to whatever you want. Originally Dstorm was going to migrate the worker port to 8998 but decided to keep the worker port as 7903. So a fresh git clone will use 7903.
So, what should be my rpcport in darkcoin.conf file?

So, what should be my rpcport in darkcoin.conf file?
You don't need to have anything special in there. In fact in the darkcointalk p2pool, the wallet is disabled. Here is the the darkcoin.conf file:
Code:
rpcuser=[username]
rpcpassword=[rpcpassword]
disablewallet=1
daemon=1
maxconnections=200
The only reason to have the rpcuser andrpcpassword is for the use of the daemon flag.

You don't need to have anything special in there. In fact in the darkcointalk p2pool, the wallet is disabled. Here is the the darkcoin.conf file:
Code:
rpcuser=[username]
rpcpassword=[rpcpassword]
disablewallet=1
daemon=1
maxconnections=200
The only reason to have the rpcuser andrpcpassword is for the use of the daemon flag.
Thanks that was helpful and the last thing I just wanted to know is that Drkminer told me to use this command
Code:
, what should be my username and password over here? Can it be random or it has to something else? and can i use any offline dark address in place of "YOUR_WALLET"?

When is run the this code to run the p2pool :-
Code:
Where YOUR_WALLET is my offline address, USER_NAME is "username" and PASSWORD is "password".

I am getting the following error :-
Code:
ror: Connection was refused by other side: 111: Connection refused.
2014-06-09 03:24:57.377291 > Error while checking Bitcoin connection:
2014-06-09 03:24:57.378007 > Traceback (most recent call last):
2014-06-09 03:24:57.379523 > Failure: twisted.internet.error.ConnectionRefusedEr

Where am I going wrong?

Check your user name and password.
They should be identical to the ones you have in darkcoin.conf on the server.

Check your user name and password.
They should be identical to the ones you have in darkcoin.conf on the server.
The problem still isnt getting solved, its showing the same error. Can there be a problem with my rpcport in my darkcoin.conf file ? what should be my rpcport in that file?

I think I have got the p2pool running :- http://darkmine.io:7903/static/ , here I am able to see the my rate and my shares and all which is all 0. So, to start mining should i point my miner to darkcoin.io:7903 with any user and password ? or should i be pointing the miner to stratum+tcp://dakmine.io:7903 ??

Back