• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Mystery with IP

Gi01

Hello

Sorry (again) for asking help

I have some MNs, that go in pairs on one instance (can't put 3 in one or the VPS will collapse, while 2 are easy to hold).

In order to make them work, I have the IP binded on every single node according to some suggestions that I found here. So the "primary node" on one instance will have:

rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
masternodeaddr=IP:9999
bind=127.0.0.2
bind= IP

While his twin will have

rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=8003
masternodeaddr= IP2:9999
bind=127.0.0.4
bind= IP2

I use Vultr. In order to have 2 IPs on one VPS I have to change the /etc/network/interfaces by adding these lines

auto eth0:0
iface eth0:0 inet static
address IP2
netmask 255.255.255.0
------

As said, I have some of these and they all work. One, created yesterday, is turning me crazy.
It's EXACTLY copy and paste of all the other files. I am able to bind the IP, I get the MN to start, I can even Ping but it's not listed or existent according to me (I grep my IP and I can't find it, while ofc the "primary" IP is ok and all the other "pairs" work).

I even tried to change IP, restarted, puth eth0:0 down then up, whatever. I can't do that.
Anybody have an idea regarding how is it even possible given that it's the copycat of ALL the other MNs?

Thanks

I wouldn't rely on a daemon discovering his own IP on a multi-IP server, so try externalip=IP1 and externalip=IP2 for each daemon.

And, you don't need those binds to the local 127.* addresses.

Back