• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

MyDashWallet Continued Development

This looks really cool but I must be missing something. I don't understand how users would be able to participate in MN shares using coins that remain in their control, either from their hardware wallet or any other account. Unless I'm mistaken, the 1000 Dash UTXO required to start a Masternode needs to be controlled by a single private key, so any shares scheme must require a trusted 3rd party to hold that key, right?

Yes, exactly. This is what trusted masternode shares means, it currently can only work when you actually send your dash out. On MyDashWallet both are displayed, the available amount (that you still hold on your own address with only you being able to spend it via your private key) and the staked amount that you have send to the staking collection node (which only holds a list of staked amounts belonging to each address and provides anonymity). Once a user wants to withdrawal, he has to sign (via his keystore or via his hardware wallet) to prove that he is the owner of the receive address and he can cash out/withdrawal anything he likes.

It is the same as splawik/moocowmoo and other trusted masternode services, just with an anonymity layer on top and no communication required as it is all automated.

BTW: Since you want to offer trusted masternodes as well and are a well known community member, would you be willing to accept big chunks of Dash from the MyDashWallet Staking Collection Node, it would send an automated email once a certain amount (e.g. 100 for a part or 1000 Dash for a full node) are ready and could send the Dash maybe to a multisig address so you and the automated node have only together access to the funds (to reduce the risk of one side failing). Just an idea :)

Ah sorry I misunderstood the UI. That's a really cool idea. I'm quite busy this morning but let's chat on Discord later today if you're around.

Looks like the interest is low, the doubts are high (especially from old timers) and to be honest this is a ton of work with no upside for us until the risk is more clear. We also cannot get old shared masternode services on board (moocowmoo is busy with other things, splawik is out of the game). We will probably wait for DIP2 and DIP3 to activate, then re-evaluate with multisig addresses for the collateral (tested in testnet and played around with several options). We will speak with the interested parties about short term solutions privately, let me know on discord if you are interested (@DeltaEngine#4320).

For me, I will not support this implementation of masternode shares. It seems too risky. A significant fail could have a very negative influence on dash as a whole.

OTOH, I might be persuaded if you intergrated with SWARM FUND (or Neptune Dash):

https://swarm.fund/

https://www.dashforcenews.com/swarm-fund-tokenizes-dash-masternode-ownership/

The idea with the "Savings Account" is not for big fish owning mn or considerable amounts, but for the small guy with just a few mDASH or DASH. Once we have multisig addresses possible and can safely store dash without having to trust a single party, we will revisit the idea. We don't really have any interest holding Dash for users and rather want to have it completely decentralized and under the control of each user, however this is currently impossible. It might be feasable to implement on testnet, but getting it into mainnet would be a lengthy process.

Swarm fund's DMN Token are not Dash and not useful to existing Dash holders, same for Neptune Dash, it is for stock market investors, Dash holders and the little guys are left out.

Update time from us:
  • We have also have monthly updates via DashWatch with more in-depth details: https://www.dashwatch.org/cards/467
  • New website is up and running, redesigned and has most of the new features live (language support for German, English, Spanish, French, Chinese, Korean and Russian)
  • Bot improvements and new commands are all live, we also had some fun with CreateTxSpike a week ago and created over 700 000 Dash tx in a single day (a new record for ANY bitcoin based blockchain), we are currently planing the next event in cooperation with press and the core team to break 5 million daily transactions around the 12.4 release :)
  • Native Android and iOS wallets are in development, pm me if you want to help beta-test, both native wallets will roll out in mid to late August
  • All on-chain transactions are now immediately accepted (which includes everything you do on MyDashWallet.org or with the bot), which means no longer any problems with balance not being confirmed or no utxo after doing a command, it has been running much smoother in the past weeks already.
  • Lots of extra stats available here: https://mydashwallet.org/stats
Due to the massive price depreciation of Dash we are severely under budget and have to work on other things to pay the bills, we also had to cut back on some of the proposal ideas (see our Proposal points at https://www.dashcentral.org/p/MyDashWallet2). Some of which we might revisit in August:
  1. DONE: Own block explorer is live and working well: https://mydashwallet.org:3001/insight/
  2. DONE: Easier tipping without having to wait for confirmations, trustless tipping is also supported via some extra account commands going live soon (pm me for details on how to merge accounts or set new receive addresses)
  3. DONE: Bot Improvements for Twitter, Reddit and most importantly Discord: Improvements to tipping, rain and other existing commands: all done
  4. Later: The Mixing site: Multiple nodes, we have given up on this as only one user was requesting this and it is a ton of work to support. Instead we focused on allowing to select a node or using your own node, then you can use whatever options and mixing rounds as you like, this will go live in August
  5. Later: Swapping Dash for other coins like BTC, BCH, ETH or LTC: Works with the bot already, we have the backend completed and working, ⛔ but no time to focus on the new website and testing, from experience we know this is a ton of work. We still might provide something in August if time permits
  6. ⛔ Better TREZOR Hardware Wallet Support, also for the new TREZOR Model T: We got the device and improved some minor things, but got no time for a major improvement as planned. If there is more demand from the community, we might revisit, but we see most people using Ledger or Keystore or Tip Account wallets.
  7. Later: A simple installer to get MyDashWallet working on your own server and with your own node, coming soon, probably early August once we release it all on GitHub, provide the installer, etc.
  8. DONE: And of course ongoing work, integrating the new Dash logos: all done
  9. DONE: Translations to all major languages: German, English, Spanish, French, Chinese, Korean and Russian, might do more if requested, we did not have any funds to hire professional translators and also did not translate all of the website (only English and German is complete), with help of community feedback we are getting along quite ok, thanks to all the helping hand and testers.
  10. Later: Native Android and iOS wallets utilizing MyDashWallet.org, already got early alpha versions working and integrating password/pin to unlock wallets directly. Will come in August.
  11. ⛔ InstantSend Block Explorer support, currently on hold, works, but could be displayed nicer, we don't see much usage for this yet.
  12. DONE: Many more features like CreateTxSpike (see news about reaching twice the highest tx count as bitcoin ever has here) and !mnadd !mnstatus !mnposition and many more cool bot features are added all the time.
  13. Work in progress: Due to heavy use we are getting to the limits on what a node can manage, we have too many addresses, transactions, users, etc. we will merge some data and recreate a more efficient environment. Hardware wise we already have a new dedicated server, but this is not the bottleneck.

Last edited:
Currently we just write out the total numbers, once we have all data from google analytics integrated we might add monthly overviews as well. Thanks for your response.
I don't know about other people in the Dash community, but personally I don't like the idea that Google can track me when using this wallet.

Did you consider using an open source alternative that you can install on your own server? I recently started using matomo for dashradar.com.

Yep, were were against it as well from the beginning, but due to popular demand we added google analytics to be more transparent what happens on the platform. If you don't like being tracked by google, simple disable it locally (one way would be https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout ). And MyDashWallet is open source and you can run and host it yourself without any google analytics scripts as well.

Just to be clear: google doesn't know anything important about users on MyDashWallet, we don't have user data and like dash it is completely pseudonymous, it just tracks which browser goes to which url and provides us some nice overview data about number of views, page visits, active users, which sites were visited how often, etc.

Yep, were were against it as well from the beginning, but due to popular demand we added google analytics to be more transparent what happens on the platform. If you don't like being tracked by google, simple disable it locally (one way would be https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout ). And MyDashWallet is open source and you can run and host it yourself without any google analytics scripts as well.

Just to be clear: google doesn't know anything important about users on MyDashWallet, we don't have user data and like dash it is completely pseudonymous, it just tracks which browser goes to which url and provides us some nice overview data about number of views, page visits, active users, which sites were visited how often, etc.

How can google not know anything about the users?? Google and the deep state are one. It seems bizarre to imagine otherwise.

Personally, I think the default should be no external tracking, and put the onus on the end user to add it to their own installation. Not sure I want to be funding a project that doesn't respect end users privacy.

Google analytics (also twitter, facebook, and many different ad-engines) track you across all web sites on which they installed. So if you logged in on Google and you visit any web-site which contains Google Analytics (or ads from Google) they will immediately link this visit to your account.

Last edited:
Is there any work being done to incorporate https://mydashwallet.org/Mixing into our mobile phone apps? Particularly I would like to see users be able to use this feature to create sub-wallets within the phone wallet that have been mixed. This would be a killer feature. I know its not trustless but it works fantastic and uses the Dash protocol.

Is there any work being done to incorporate https://mydashwallet.org/Mixing into our mobile phone apps? Particularly I would like to see users be able to use this feature to create sub-wallets within the phone wallet that have been mixed. This would be a killer feature. I know its not trustless but it works fantastic and uses the Dash protocol.

Yes, the Android and iOS native MyDashWallets wallets are almost done and will ship soon, maybe we start a beta-test later this week. Any other app or wallet can easily integrate the MDW mixing part as well, it is really just a simple javascript call to make.

A vulnerability has been found in https://mydashwallet.org/
please do NOT use the wallet until further notice !
(externally loaded JS sending private keys to a remote server)

Has this vulnerability been actively exploited ? Or is it something in code that just came to light ?

It was exploited to the tune of several hundred to several thousand Dash over the course of a few months from what I've seen talked about on Discord.

Back