• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

My wallet won't open at all! I think I've fouled it up...

Tallyho

I haven't checked in on my DASH for ages and the version of the wallet I'm running (on Windows) is from April 2015. I have a portable wallet set up running via a batch file shortcut.

Last week, I opened my wallet and it started syncing from 27 weeks out of date. Within a couple of hours it had reached 16 weeks out of date but then stayed there. A week later my wallet was still stuck syncing showing 16 weeks.

I closed the wallet and restarted it, it still stayed on 16 weeks.

So, I decided to try upgrading my wallet to the newest version. I downloaded the zip of the latest version and extracted only the dash-cli.exe, dashd.exe, and dash-qt.exe files and used them to replace my own, I remember doing that on a previous upgrade although I now can't find the guide I followed at that time.

I then restarted my wallet from the batch file and the splash screen successfully showed the latest version number and "loading block index", but then it stuck on that screen and the actual wallet never opened. Finally I used task manager to kill the splash screen and replaced my old files back into my Dash folder, in an attempt to get back to where I started.

However, now when I try to start the wallet, all I get is an error saying "Error reading masternode configuration file: Could not parse masternode.conf line: # Masternode config file".

Please help, how do I get it working again??

Thanks for the reply, but I had already migrated from DRK wallet to Dash wallet back in April.

I'm making progress though. I did download the new wallet and let it reinstall with the defaults, regardless of already having a wallet. The new wallet opened after install and - and this bit surprised me - and recognised my coins! Only I don't want to run the wallet from AppData, I want to keep using my portable wallet.

So I've overwritten my dash-cli.exe, dashd.exe, and dash-qt.exe files again from the ones in the new installation and - shock, horror - my portable wallet is now open and rebuilding its blocks!!! It isn't showing my coins yet but it still has 1 year and 26 weeks to sync (is that normal every time you do an update?)

If this works then I know what the problem is. The first time I overwrote my files with new ones, earlier this morning, I used the files from the 64-bit download because my computer is 64-bit. However, the files I overwrote with the second time were from the 32-bit zip download....

Edit: Yes, my portable wallet has now found my coins! That must have been the problem since my first attempt at fixing the frozen sync. Just shows it's important to remember which version of the wallet you installed the first time around!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
i am not exactly sure what you are doing there
(i only do Mac :wink:)
but i am happy you are back on track

Back