• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

My Trezor will not load! Aarghh!

Reuben

I am so very tired of this! I am a regular guy who makes his living offline. In other words, I am not a programmer, nor do I understand or know how to force my Device Manager to reset my Trezor. Essentially, I have not been on my Trezor for a few months.

I recently made a small purchase of btc on coinbase. I want this transferred to my Trezor. I plugged in Trezor and the wallet will not load. It just sits there thinking and states.....

Trezor wallet is starting.......

It never loads though. For some reason this happens to every other month when I go to load my Trezor.

Beta-wallet trezor is what use to work me.

This is so frustrating to a non programmer type who occasionally tries to load his Trezor only to find access problems.

Help me please!

Reuben

I am so very tired of this! I am a regular guy who makes his living offline. In other words, I am not a programmer, nor do I understand or know how to force my Device Manager to reset my Trezor. Essentially, I have not been on my Trezor for a few months.

I recently made a small purchase of btc on coinbase. I want this transferred to my Trezor. I plugged in Trezor and the wallet will not load. It just sits there thinking and states.....

Trezor wallet is starting.......

It never loads though. For some reason this happens to every other month when I go to load my Trezor.

Beta-wallet trezor is what use to work me.

This is so frustrating to a non programmer type who occasionally tries to load his Trezor only to find access problems.

Help me please!

Reuben

Is the firmware on the trezor up to date? You know the deal with holding down the buttons to update firmware?

Also, what about the cable you use? I used a convertor cable USB2 to USB3 and the Trezor wouldn't load.

Another thing might be the browser, had to download chrome to load the wallet. Also had to download latest "bridge" update. It apparently fixes a few bugs.

Worst case scenario, re-import seed key.

Let us know how you go.

Have you considered asking the people who made it for help with the thing they made? I've found Satoshi Labs to be quite helpful when I was having Trezor issues; all of which were my own fault, or Microsoft's, and not the fault of Satoshi Labs.

1 - use wallet.trezor.io
2 - reinstall the bridge
3 - update the firmware

Ok my problem is now fixed. I will quickly share what i did to fix the issue, so that this might help others struggling with access to their Trezor!

Essentially, Microsoft Edge web browser would not load Trezor using any Trezor web address. Not sure why.
I had to download Google Chrome and set it as my default browser. (i guess it really doesnt have to be your default browser, but this browser must be in use at the time you wish to use the Trezor)
Now once i was using the Google Chrome web browser, Trezor fired up and showed the code screen on the device and I was able to log into the Trezor website.

Once in the Trezor website I was able to download the latest Trezor bridge. Even before downloading the latest Trezor Bridge software, my Trezor was fully functional.

So if your having trouble getting access to your Trezor or logging into your account and your getting that message that states......

Trezor wallet is starting........

Give downloading Google Chrome a try. It worked for me

I know that you have fixed this issue but just for the future purposes - frequently there is an issue with the cable. It is always good to try another cable :)

The only thing that a Microsoft Product should be used for, is downloading a non-Microsoft Product to replace it.

...and even then, if you can avoid it, never use a Microsoft Product in the first place. It's easier to just do the job right the first time, than go back and undo it...

Back