• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

My brand new Innosilicon A5 Dominator

Eshank

Pre-ordered at a cost of $ 9,999.00 in September 2017.
Looked like a good idea.
Hashing at 32GH/s with a power consumption of 800W.

Miner arrived last week.
A little unit the size of a small shoe box, weighing in at 3Kg.
I got it set it up right away, instructions were easy to follow, and started mining.
Got my first payout 6hrs later on Suprnova.cc mining pool.
After 4 days mining I have Dash 0.000747

Happy as I was with my new little machine, I sat down and did some Arithmetic, ( that's what you guys in the USA call "doing the math" ).
My calculations went like this:
4 days mining = Earnings 0.000747 ( OK, round it to 0.0008 ), that's 0.0002 Dash/day.
So in 365 days, ( mining 24/7 with no down time ) , I get 0.073 Dash, and with Dash trading today at $750 each I get the fiat equivalent of $ 55.- ( That's $55 for a whole year ! )

So, to get back the $10K I spent on the machine I will need to mine on free electricity for 181 years !

Can somebody please check my Aritmetic because I do not Bl@@%y believe what I see !

I have been mining LTC for 4 years now but thought that Dash had potential.
How wrong have I been !

I have just sunk Ten Grand into a tin paperweight !

four days after I made my post, the control board packed in and I was unable to access the miner.
Innosilicon were very slow to help.
Eventually I got them to allow me to return the board, which they replaced for me.
Got it back last week.
So I mined for 1 week in 2017, and so far this year 2018 I have mined for 4 days.
I am doing Cannabis coin now, getting about US $ 3 per day, mining 08:00h - 22:00h.
Forget Dash, the payout is so low, even with free electricity you cann ot make money.

The A5 is now working fine, running a bit quieter too, however, as far as profitability goes,
-forget it.
My advice is do not get involved with X11 mining ! ! !

Stick with Scrypt or SHA256.
Good Luck.

Back