• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

moving dash from exchange to wallet

dashkiwi

Hi Folks,
I'm trying to move .22 dash to my wallet and the fee is .01 dash. Is this a normal fee?
Its alot higher than when moving Litecoin.
Any tips appreciated.
Thanks,

Hi Folks,
I'm trying to move .22 dash to my wallet and the fee is .01 dash. Is this a normal fee?
Its alot higher than when moving Litecoin.
Any tips appreciated.
Thanks,
Probably normal if you're trying to send a lot of small inputs. Give it a week or 2, the switchover to 12.2 is almost complete and when it's active the fees will be reduced by 10x as part of the update.

Probably normal if you're trying to send a lot of small inputs. Give it a week or 2, the switchover to 12.2 is almost complete and when it's active the fees will be reduced by 10x as part of the update.
Thanks, great reply!
Its small, but in money terms its still fairly large. Good to know that the fees will come down. I can wait.
Do you know of any good links to help learn how to accept payments for our Hotel? Is Dash best suited for this?

Thanks, great reply!
Its small, but in money terms its still fairly large. Good to know that the fees will come down. I can wait.
Do you know of any good links to help learn how to accept payments for our Hotel? Is Dash best suited for this?

I made a mistake there, the exchange is charging you 0.01 to move your coins? I'm guessing that's what the exchange is charging for withdrawals so it's probably a fixed fee and wont change, worth contacting the exhange and seeing if they can lower it after the fee reduction though, it's very high now and crazy high after. You get that kind of situation when moving funds made from faucets or mining pools, loads and loads of really small transactions but an exchange shouldn't have that kind of issue. The 1 or 2 weeks was a mistake too, looks like it's activating in just a few days :)

@tungfa, any thoughts on hotel payments? There are a lot of options, points of sale, site widgets etc. some tools for working out taxes that may be useful too. Be sure to have a look at the merchants page of the site, there are a few links for payment processors in there and it could be well worth getting added to the list:
https://www.dash.org/merchants/

I made a mistake there, the exchange is charging you 0.01 to move your coins? I'm guessing that's what the exchange is charging for withdrawals so it's probably a fixed fee and wont change, worth contacting the exhange and seeing if they can lower it after the fee reduction though, it's very high now and crazy high after. You get that kind of situation when moving funds made from faucets or mining pools, loads and loads of really small transactions but an exchange shouldn't have that kind of issue. The 1 or 2 weeks was a mistake too, looks like it's activating in just a few days :)

@tungfa, any thoughts on hotel payments? There are a lot of options, points of sale, site widgets etc. some tools for working out taxes that may be useful too. Be sure to have a look at the merchants page of the site, there are a few links for payment processors in there and it could be well worth getting added to the list:
Thanks. I've emailed my exchange (nz exchange, so its a small one). I wonder if i'm best to transfer my dash into LTC, move it then transfer back (hassle though!)

tbh
I would wait until Alt36 or another POS / payment provider goes live with a solid system
for now u could always just use general wallets for single payments

Thanks. I've emailed my exchange (nz exchange, so its a small one). I wonder if i'm best to transfer my dash into LTC, move it then transfer back (hassle though!)
My exchange has replied saying :
"We manually assess our withdrawal fee for each coin. This fee is to cover the transaction fee Cryptopia pays per withdrawal."
I'm pretty new to this, but was't expecting to get hit with a $5 fee to move $200 worth of dash to my wallet????

Back