• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

More feedback/comments on proposal voting decisions

dashbkk

Dear masternodes, Thanks a lot for your votes and comments so far on our acceleration co-funding proposal for a self sustaining dash embassy Thailand! https://www.dashcentral.org/p/Thailand. We’ve already got 296 Yes / 58 No / 3 Abstain votes.
That's almost 350 votes + 14 comments with a lot of knowledge behind for the Dash community. We from the Dash Embassy Thailand would be very happy if you could leave us sometimes more often 1 or 2 sentences explaining your voting decision (yes why?/no why?). The 14 comments so far been very helpful, but the more the better. This provides an orientation on what issues we should focus more and where improvement is needed. This information helps adjusting and restructuring our proposal and our work here for Dash increasing efficiency for the whole community. Feedback is very important for us, as we want to always improve our efforts for the network. Thanks already ahead for your increased feedback.

P.S. I know everyone is very busy but I believe the other proposals would be also very happy for every feedback.

Hi everyone, I've just returned from a quick trip to Bangkok where I had the pleasure of meeting Sascha and Felix (along with several other Dash community members) from the Dash Embassy Thailand.

I just want to say how impressed I was by both the professionalism and enthusiasm being nurtured by the Team out there.

I attended one of the weekly meetups in a very nice and well located co-working space. They gave a decent presentation, along with a live demonstration of a Dash transaction using the Anypay POS system for Merchants.

The crowd was a mix of locals and expats, and the Team made an effort to encourage newbies to download a wallet to their phones so they could get "dashed up" and be given a little bit of currency to get them started - and there was an opportunity to 'mingle' and network afterwards.

From what I could see, I think Thailand presents some unique opportunities and challenges for Dash.

The economy there appears to be booming and there is a tidal wave of foreign currency - and investment capital - entering the country (Bangkok was the second highest visited city in the world in the last 12 months with 23 million overseas visitors.)

However, even though Thailand is racing up the league tables in terms of it's GDP and wealth etc. the use of old fashioned fiat cash for nearly all transactions is predominant still. It does not seem that the credit card industry is particularly well established in Thailand, although I can see that may change soon as there were large advertisments for Visa at some of the major stations etc.

The Dash Embassy team are grinding it out, hitting the pavements and setting up as many merchants as possible and the number of bars, clubs and restaurants etc. accepting Dash in Bangkok is steadily growing and can be viewed here https://discoverdash.com/?select=&lp_s_loc=Bangkok&lp_s_tag=&lp_s_cat=&s=home&post_type=listing

I went to the 'Missing Burro' Mexican restaurant and enjoyed an excellent meal in their lovely garden setting right in the heart of Bangkok. - Paid for with Dash of course!

Next time I go to Thailand, I'll be there for longer so I'll happily check out more of the Dash accepting merchant establishments then.

I also got a chance to sit down with Sascha and Felix for a coffee and we had a productive discussion about their aims for the Dash Embassy in Thailand.

They have several good ideas and they are trying to focus on the ones which will produce the best results.

I was impressed to hear that they have contacts within the Financial Regulators (SEC) in Thailand and they even have a Thai lawyer in the community who is helpful in this regard too.

Sascha and Felix come from a Consultancy background and have business experience in both Europe and Asia and I think the community should continue to fund their activities because Thailand is a country that is coming up fast in the world and has not yet been captured by the credit card industry.

Dash is unique amongst the leading coins as we are able to fund vital community outreach directly from the blockchain and, I am of the firm opinion that this is the kind of investment which will pay off handsomely for our network in the coming months and years.

Therefore, please continue to support the Dash Embassy Thailand Team when they next reach out with a funding proposal to the network.

Cheers everyone,

Steve.

Last edited:
Hi Steve, I am speechless and very happy to hear such a great feedback out of the community. I am very proud that our work here for Dash gets appreciated and that motivates us even more!. Thanks so much and hope to welcome you soon here in Thailand again!

Hey Sascha,

No problem!

Hard work should be recognised and publicly acknowledged.

Thailand is such an important territory for Dash because it’s fast becoming one of the key economic hotspots in Asia,

Dash needs people like you doing the groundwork and getting the coin firmly established there.

So many people are now coming to Thailand and things will develop fast if we play our cards right.

I’ll be back again in a few months and will be delighted to catch up with your progress then.

So keep at it, and stay Dashy!

Hi Steve,

Yes totally agree with you on the opportunities and possibilities in Thailand.
We are super motivated to push it here.

See you soon then! :)

I believe the more open the process is in relation to voting the better it will turn out for the community.

Back